How Is It Legal????

Well you nailed it. It is not about being able to marry. That is a lie. It is about government recognizing the marriage. And it isn't even about that. It is about the money. Gays want a government subsidy for their "lifestyle". That goes beyond recognition to financial support.
Anyone here want to support financially the gay lifestyle?

The gay people I know merely want to do things that my wife and I can do, like file taxes together, be able to access each other's medical information, be able to rent a car and have the other person eligible to drive it automatically, be able to change one another's will - that sort of thing.

Why do straight people care so much about restricting this access to people they don't know or care about? Baffles me. Just completely baffles me.

I say give gays equal rights, as it's not going to affect my life in any drastic adverse way whatsoever. Stop trying to use the government as a means to make people you don't know worse off, and yourself unchanged. That's ridiculous.

The gay people I know want to fuck as much as possible and do drugs.
Would you like to compare gay rates of disease and addiction with straight rates?

Having seen your postings, I can't imagine you knowing ANY gay people. I probably know a few more than you and NONE of the gay people I know are like that.

I wish I was having a 10th of the sex you whack jobs think we have...but I'm married...

There is no right to same sex marriage. If there are any rights involved they would fall under the 10thA of "rights not explicitly delegated belong to the states or the people." The people vote. And that is policy.
I realize that "will of the people" is threatening to liberals, who know better for us. But that is the basis for this government.

How did that work out for Black (or African-Americans) again?
blahblahblah.
Is this all the fag-fans have? Who is the most vociferous opponents of gay marriage in CA? Yeah, black churches.

Why is it these people never know jack shit about black history before trying to hide behind it? It wasn't the votes of the people who denied blacks their rights. It was government officials, including the courts.

You mean like we support the heterosexual "lifestyle"?

Yes. The one that produces stable nuclear families and raises responsible citizens and leaders. That is exactly why.
Thanks for bringing this up!

Nuclear families aren't a requirement for legal marriage so your "argument" won't hold up in court.

You can't actually come up with a valid reason to keep these benefits and protections from my family...it's WHY your "argument" keeps failing in court.

Strawman much? No one said nuclear families were a requirement.

The gay people I know merely want to do things that my wife and I can do, like file taxes together, be able to access each other's medical information, be able to rent a car and have the other person eligible to drive it automatically, be able to change one another's will - that sort of thing.

Why do straight people care so much about restricting this access to people they don't know or care about? Baffles me. Just completely baffles me.

I say give gays equal rights, as it's not going to affect my life in any drastic adverse way whatsoever. Stop trying to use the government as a means to make people you don't know worse off, and yourself unchanged. That's ridiculous.

Would you like to compare gay rates of disease and addiction with straight rates?

Having seen your postings, I can't imagine you knowing ANY gay people. I probably know a few more than you and NONE of the gay people I know are like that.

I wish I was having a 10th of the sex you whack jobs think we have...but I'm married...

You hang around in the wrong circles.
And you're the wrong gender.
But it puts the kybosh on "well everyone I know is..." That ins't an argument. For anything.

But it puts the kybosh on "well everyone I know is..." That ins't an argument. For anything.

Rabbi - You and the antigay crowd have zero arguments for using the government to ban gay marriage. Zero.

This is what I hear:

(1) Because I think it's wrong...
(2) Because gay people have certain types of statistics, they don't deserve to get married...

Neither are valid arguments.

Your camp has no argument, and is on its way out. Give it 10-15 years max.

Last edited:

Rabbi - You and the antigay crowd have zero arguments for using the government to ban gay marriage. Zero.

This is what I hear:

(2) Because gay people have certain types of statistics, they don't deserve to get married...

Actually neither one of those is anywhere close to my argument, or many other good arguments made.
But thanks for trying.

Youre presuming a right exists to begin with.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - some American long ago

:lol:

You have the right to PURSUE happiness.

You do not, however, have the right to happiness.

Well you nailed it. It is not about being able to marry. That is a lie. It is about government recognizing the marriage. And it isn't even about that. It is about the money. Gays want a government subsidy for their "lifestyle". That goes beyond recognition to financial support.
Anyone here want to support financially the gay lifestyle?

Yes. Let's do that. Make sure you include the number of hetero deaths from gonorrhea and syphilis over the centuries.

And since married couples transmit less STDs, your idiotic argument to prevent gays from marrying because they spread disease fails spectaculary.

Last edited:

And yet you used it. "The gay people I know..."

You are an unbelievable hypocrite.

Yes. Let's do that. Make sure you include the number of hetero deaths from gonorrhea and syphilis over the centuries.

And since married couples transmit less STDs, your idiotic argument to prevent gays from marrying because they spread disease fails spectaculary.

It still pales compared to the rates of death and disease among the homosexual commuinity. Oh, would you like to compare rates of fidelity among married homo and hetero couples as well?
How do Homosexual Couples Compare to Heterosexual? An Analysis | LifeSiteNews.com

You're going down a losing argument here. Better stick to the "gays are the new Blacks" argument.

I'm still puzzled as to how, once it's signed into law by a Governor, that the people can then LEGALLY have someone's rights put to a vote. I mean, this concept tramples all over the Constitution.

Let's face it, most every person who would vote against same-sex marriage would do so based on their own personal religion. So, right there, it violates the 1st Amendment by allowing laws to be passed based on the establishment or religion

The 5th Amendment prohibits the federal government from taking away your life, liberty, or property without due process of law, and the 14th prohibits the states from doing it. However, here they are, trying to take away the rights of gay couples without giving them their day in court to defend themselves in an attempt to preserve their rights.

So, can anyone explain how they get away with this?
No personal religion about it . The word of the one true God says homosexuality is a sin.

And yet you used it. "The gay people I know..."

You are an unbelievable hypocrite.
Right. Illustrating it isn't much of an argument. You've proven it yourself.
Thanks!

There is no right to same sex marriage. If there are any rights involved they would fall under the 10thA of "rights not explicitly delegated belong to the states or the people." The people vote. And that is policy.
I realize that "will of the people" is threatening to liberals, who know better for us. But that is the basis for this government.

No one ever said there was a ‘right’ to same-sex marriage.

The issue has nothing to do with the 10th Amendment or the ‘will of the people,’ whatever that’s supposed to mean.

At issue is the 14th Amendment right to equal access to all laws, including marriage laws. Since the state lacks a compelling reason or evidence to exclude same-sex couples from marriage, and such an exclusion is predicated on animus, such a policy is clearly un-Constitutional.

“A State cannot so deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws.”

Romer v. Evans

No one ever said there was a ‘right’ to same-sex marriage.

The issue has nothing to do with the 10th Amendment or the ‘will of the people,’ whatever that’s supposed to mean.

At issue is the 14th Amendment right to equal access to all laws, including marriage laws. Since the state lacks a compelling reason or evidence to exclude same-sex couples from marriage, and such an exclusion is predicated on animus, such a policy is clearly un-Constitutional.

“A State cannot so deem a class of persons a stranger to its laws.”

Romer v. Evans

Gays are not a class ofpeople. How do you define "gay"? There is no accepted definition. There are men and women. Those are recognizable classes of people. And they all have equal access to marriage.
Fail.

Let me just run through this really quick.

First, you suggest that we should compare the gay disease/addiction rates with that of straight people:

Then I respond:

This is what I hear:

Finally, you come back claiming that the statistics argument wasn't "anywhere close to my argument":

Actually neither one of those is anywhere close to my argument, or many other good arguments made.
But thanks for trying.

How does this make sense?

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled as to how, once it's signed into law by a Governor, that the people can then LEGALLY have someone's rights put to a vote. I mean, this concept tramples all over the Constitution.

Let's face it, most every person who would vote against same-sex marriage would do so based on their own personal religion. So, right there, it violates the 1st Amendment by allowing laws to be passed based on the establishment or religion

The 5th Amendment prohibits the federal government from taking away your life, liberty, or property without due process of law, and the 14th prohibits the states from doing it. However, here they are, trying to take away the rights of gay couples without giving them their day in court to defend themselves in an attempt to preserve their rights.

So, can anyone explain how they get away with this?
No personal religion about it . The word of the one true God says homosexuality is a sin.

Really?

I thought the only "sins" were those laid out in the 7 Noahide Commandments or the 10 Commandments.

Neither of them say "thou shalt not be gay".

Try again.

This is what I hear:

But thanks for trying.

Whatever your argument is, it's getting shot down state by state. The US Federal Government will extend marriage benefits to gays one day and it will happen in your lifetime. And your kids? They'll elect the first gay President.

Last edited:
Let me just run through this really quick.

First, you suggest that we should compare the gay disease/addiction rates with that of straight people:

Then I respond:

This is what I hear:

Finally, you come back claiming that the statistics argument wasn't "anywhere close to my argument":

But thanks for trying.

How does this make sense?

It makes sense if you follow the conversation, which you havn't been.
The pro argument was, why should the gov't support the heterosexual lifestyle over the homosexual. I responded that is indeed one reason why: that heterosexuals produce stable nuclear families. The retort was something to rebut that and I pointed out the rates of various diseases etc undermines the objection.

This is what I hear:

But thanks for trying.

Whatever your argument is, it's getting shot down state by state. The US Federal Government will extend marriage benefits to gays one day and it will happen in your lifetime. And your kids? They'll elect the first gay President.

Gay marriage has lost whenever it has been put to a vote by the people. The Federal gov't cannot order states to recognize it without triggering a massive rebellion. Tennessee has marriage as one man, one man enshrined in the state constitution. We are not letting the Feds tell us what to do. It would be a gross intrusion on states rights.
So basically your argument is, we don't need an argument. All we need is enough bitching and moaning.

Forum List

Back