How ignorant is Elizabeth Warren of the economy? A perfect example!

I have no idea what the OP is trying to say. He is very confused.

But here is how Warren claims she will pay for her socialized medicine plan:

• Employer contributions: Instead of paying premiums to insurers, companies would send an estimated $8.8 trillion over 10 years to the federal government as an "Employer Medicare Contribution."
  • Taxes on the wealthy: Billionaires would be subject to a new tax of three cents on the dollar on net worth above $1 billion. This is in addition to the wealth tax she announced earlier this year, which would also place a 3 percentage point levy on billionaires. Also, the wealthiest 1% would be taxed on capital gains income annually, rather than at the time of sale, and the capital gains rate would be raised to match income tax rates. Combined, this would raise $3 trillion.
  • Reducing tax evasion: Warren argues that she can collect $2.3 trillion by empowering the Internal Revenue Service to crack down on tax evasion and fraud, redirecting the agency's focus to high-income earners.
  • Levies on financial sector and large corporations: Warren would impose a financial transaction tax of .01% on the sale of stocks, bonds and derivatives. She would also make several significant changes to corporate tax law. All together, these would generate $3.8 trillion.
  • Taxing additional take-home pay: Since employees would no longer have to pay their share of health care premiums, their take-home pay would go up. This would raise $1.4 trillion.
Elizabeth Warren releases plan to fund Medicare for All, pledges no middle class tax hike - CNNPolitics

Right now there are 1,400 health insurance companies that employ over 450,000 people. These companies also pay over $100 billion in
Federal, state and local taxes including property taxes.
Eliminate these companies means instead of :
1) 450,000 people paying in along with their employer FICA taxes of 13.4% or at average of $50,000/employee per year: $3 billion a year.
2) 450,000 people on unemployment pay for 99 weeks at average of $246/week or $11 billion per year.
3) Then of course $100 billion in Taxes will NOT be paid... per year.
4) Empty buildings where insurance companies located lower tax revenue on cities,states,etc.
5) One of the biggest savings would come from no more medical malpractice lawsuits being filed...
The average malpractice payment for 2018 was $348,065 or approximately $4,031,987,700 paid to plaintiffs
Medical Malpractice Payout Report for 2018
So do you think these lawyers will allow this???
And how's all that working out for America?

Let me remind you:

U.S. Health Care Costs Skyrocketed to $3.65 Trillion in 2018

Health Insurance Costs Surpass $20,000 Per Year, Hitting a Record

Yea and I bet you are a lawyer too that has contributed to nearly $1 trillion in WASTED health care cost known as "Defensive Medicine"!
Proof???
Prove these physicians are wrong which YOU can't because YOU are not a physician!
And just for clarity... THIS HAS NOTHING to do with malpractice insurance costs. This is to prevent malpractice lawsuits of which there
are
Knowing the medical malpractice statistics can help one realistically assess their situation. Approximately 15 percent of all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits filed throughout the nation result from medical malpractice. This translates into roughly 20,000 medical malpractice claims filed each year, despite estimates that up to 120,000 annual cases of medical negligence occur.
Medical Malpractice Statistics and Lawsuit Information - Medical Malpractice Law Firm

JUST a note... why don't you provide LINKS to substantiate your statements...too lazy???
defensivemed063917.png

• Employer contributions: Instead of paying premiums to insurers, companies would send an estimated $8.8 trillion over 10 years to the federal government as an "Employer Medicare Contribution."
  • Taxes on the wealthy: Billionaires would be subject to a new tax of three cents on the dollar on net worth above $1 billion. This is in addition to the wealth tax she announced earlier this year, which would also place a 3 percentage point levy on billionaires. Also, the wealthiest 1% would be taxed on capital gains income annually, rather than at the time of sale, and the capital gains rate would be raised to match income tax rates. Combined, this would raise $3 trillion.
  • Reducing tax evasion: Warren argues that she can collect $2.3 trillion by empowering the Internal Revenue Service to crack down on tax evasion and fraud, redirecting the agency's focus to high-income earners.
  • Levies on financial sector and large corporations: Warren would impose a financial transaction tax of .01% on the sale of stocks, bonds and derivatives. She would also make several significant changes to corporate tax law. All together, these would generate $3.8 trillion.
  • Taxing additional take-home pay: Since employees would no longer have to pay their share of health care premiums, their take-home pay would go up. This would raise $1.4 trillion.
Elizabeth Warren releases plan to fund Medicare for All, pledges no middle class tax hike - CNNPolitics

Right now there are 1,400 health insurance companies that employ over 450,000 people. These companies also pay over $100 billion in
1) 450,000 people paying in along with their employer FICA taxes of 13.4% or at average of $50,000/employee per year: $3 billion a year.
2) 450,000 people on unemployment pay for 99 weeks at average of $246/week or $11 billion per year.
4) Empty buildings where insurance companies located lower tax revenue on cities,states,etc.
5) One of the biggest savings would come from no more medical malpractice lawsuits being filed...
The average malpractice payment for 2018 was $348,065 or approximately $4,031,987,700 paid to plaintiffs

Let me remind you:

Yea and I bet you are a lawyer too that has contributed to nearly $1 trillion in WASTED health care cost known as "Defensive Medicine"!
Proof???
Prove these physicians are wrong which YOU can't because YOU are not a physician!
And just for clarity... THIS HAS NOTHING to do with malpractice insurance costs. This is to prevent malpractice lawsuits of which there
are
Knowing the medical malpractice statistics can help one realistically assess their situation. Approximately 15 percent of all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits filed throughout the nation result from medical malpractice. This translates into roughly 20,000 medical malpractice claims filed each year, despite estimates that up to 120,000 annual cases of medical negligence occur.
Medical Malpractice Statistics and Lawsuit Information - Medical Malpractice Law Firm

JUST a note... why don't you provide LINKS to substantiate your statements...too lazy???
View attachment 287489
Horseshit.

Defensive medicine adds billions to healthcare costs

J. William Thomas, professor of population health and health policy at the Muskie School of Public Policy in Portland, Maine, believes the cost of defensive medicine is much lower.

“The Jackson Healthcare estimates of defensive medicine costs are significantly higher than those based on current research,” said Thomas.

My own estimate of defensive medicine costs is much lower, in the range of $13 billion. This estimate is based on the most comprehensive data source currently available, and is in agreement with the results of other recent studies using comprehensive data,” he continued.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates the cost of defensive medicine to be $54 billion over ten years, yet another distinctly different number.

52 Trillion with our borders wide open to the worlds sickly people?....it will be more like 100 Trillion before its done....Warren just lost the DNC primary....

LOL @ Wide open borders.

You'll believe literally anything your Masters feed you, wont you?

52 Trillion with our borders wide open to the worlds sickly people?....it will be more like 100 Trillion before its done....Warren just lost the DNC primary....

LOL @ Wide open borders.

I live half of the year in California and the governor here has invited them to come to California and the dems here passed healthcare for illegals....so yes...wide open borders pal....

LOL @ Wide open borders.

I live half of the year in California and the governor here has invited them to come to California and the dems here passed healthcare for illegals....so yes...wide open borders pal....

Literally Fake News.

It's funny to me how many of you assholes complain about "Liberal Hellholes" but yet still can't pull yourselves away from living in one.

LOL @ Wide open borders.

Literally Fake News.
I heard him say it in a speech dummy...its not fake news just because your butt buddies at CNN don't report it....

LOL @ Wide open borders.

Literally Fake News.
I heard him say it in a speech dummy...its not fake news just because your butt buddies at CNN don't report it....

No, you didn't.

LOL @ Wide open borders.

Literally Fake News.

No, you didn't.
See how little you know?....you should be barred from voting until you pass a civics exam....

California Is 1st State To Offer Health Benefits To Adult Undocumented Immigrants

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231310348.html

LOL @ Wide open borders.

Literally Fake News.

No, you didn't.
See how little you know?....you should be barred from voting until you pass a civics exam....

California Is 1st State To Offer Health Benefits To Adult Undocumented Immigrants

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231310348.html

So which part says we have Open Borders?

Literally Fake News.

No, you didn't.

So which part says we have Open Borders?

The Impact of California's Sanctuary Law - CityLab

California confirms an untenable open borders, welfare state nightmare

As Trump and his wall push Mexico away, California aims to pull it closer
Now give me an apple...its teachers day....

Let me remind you:

Proof???
are

View attachment 287489
Horseshit.

Defensive medicine adds billions to healthcare costs

J. William Thomas, professor of population health and health policy at the Muskie School of Public Policy in Portland, Maine, believes the cost of defensive medicine is much lower.

“The Jackson Healthcare estimates of defensive medicine costs are significantly higher than those based on current research,” said Thomas.

My own estimate of defensive medicine costs is much lower, in the range of $13 billion. This estimate is based on the most comprehensive data source currently available, and is in agreement with the results of other recent studies using comprehensive data,” he continued.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates the cost of defensive medicine to be $54 billion over ten years, yet another distinctly different number.

NO LINKS! Just YOUR comments.

FACTS: In 2008, Massachusetts internists reported that
27% of CT scans, 16% of laboratory tests and 14% of hospital admissions were ordered due to concerns about liability
The Cost of Defensive Medicine on Three Hospital Medicine Services
With 80 million CT scans in 2018 In Report: Many medical imaging tests performed in U.S. are unnecessary
at cost of $791 times 80 million CT scans is $63 billion.
How Much Does a CT Scan with & without Contrast Cost Near Me? - MDsave
With 27% identified as done strictly because of liability concerns... THAT is nearly $18 billion JUST in CT scans.
Total health care costs: $3.65 trillion
NHE Fact Sheet - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
And with 80 million CT scans comprising 1.8% of $3.5 trillion that ratio would be then 27% due to "Defensive Medicine" or
over $945 billion a year!
Prove me wrong... prove the 3,000 physicians that responded to the Jackson Survey!

Oh good, Opinion pieces from your Masters.

Good boy, now rollover.

Oh good, Opinion pieces from your Masters.

Good boy, now rollover.
You have the freedom to remain uniformed in America but I would advise against it....

You have the freedom to remain uniformed in America but I would advise against it....

I am far from uninformed, but at least I don't use someone else's opinion piece as the entirety of my belief system.

You do know how to form your own opinion, right?

Forum List

Back