How has the Trump presidency negatively affected your quality of life?

I’d like to direct this question to the anti Trump folks with U.S. citizenship status for obvious reasons.
Given the amount of over the top outrage we’ve witnessed over a two year period one would think the haters will be able to post a laundry list of things here.....BUT I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess there will be very little participation from the Left in this one.
GO!
For one, it gives me anxiety a moronic, whiny little bitch has access to the use of nuclear weapons. The second is that I feel completely embarrassed that this sack of garbage represents the most powerful nation on Earth. The third is that Trump and his band of corrupt/retarded GOP politicians will do absolutely NOTHING to help the middle class or poor.

As usual, Billygoat:

iu

iu

iu
You say that, yet you can’t explain how I am wrong.

Well, let's see: I've had to think about how to spend the extra $220 per month that I now get in my take-home pay. That's stressful!

Trump took away my state and local tax deduction

It affected my quality of life

I voted for Trump. And even I have noticed a negative effect on one very important area. That would be in the divide between the Left, and the Right. While there has always been friction; I didn't want to believe that it was an unmendable divide. But alas...
Since the mass shooting of Republican leadership at a friendly ball game, to the gunning down of country music fans, and the endless rioting, and ever increasing violence from the Left; I've come to accept that there will likely never be a truly United America for my son's to inherit. And sadly it's entirely likely that the violence will continue to escalate. Possibly to civil war proportions. This November's midterms are the last thing the Leftists have to hold out hope for. And when they don't win them... They'll have absolutely nothing but hate, and desperation. And as we all know; men are at their most dangerous When they have nothing to lose.
Trump is the biggest cheerleader for the Great Divide. I agree with you it's there, but you are focusing on symptoms, not the cause, in your post.

The GOP tax bill will mark the Trump administration’s first major legislative achievement. It’s likely to jolt the economy more than any one political event since Trump’s election, if not since the Affordable Care Act was passed, and it may well bring about the biggest upward transfer of wealth since the recession. It will also increase the deficit by $1 trillion or more, destabilize the health-insurance market by eliminating the requirement to buy coverage, and probably lower Trump’s personal tax bill significantly. For good measure, it’s set to take effect on January 1, giving the country less than two weeks to prepare for the new regime.

However, given that the congressional year has otherwise been marked by turmoil and inaction, and given the high staff turnover and the parade of scandals at the White House, it’s been easy to miss what this administration has already done. In the background, Donald Trump’s Cabinet members and their collaborators have been working hard to deliver on Steve Bannon’s vision of dismantling the “regulatory state.”

With Trump’s blessing, they have made drastic, structural changes on education, immigration, environmental protections, broadcasting and internet laws, and rules of military engagement, among other issues. Most often the changes have taken direct aim at Obama’s legacy, but some apply to regulations and programs that date back decades.

What follows is a list of those changes. Excluded here is anything abstract: say, about how Trump has trampled on political norms, degraded national discourse, or permanently shattered the “dignity of the Oval Office.”

Within those boundaries, we’ve aimed to be comprehensive.

55 Ways Donald Trump Structurally Changed America in 2017

I call those 55 accomplishments. That said, I believe that the top tax rate does need to increase to cover expenses. If the GOP gets too greedy for its donors they will end up losing big. Other than the inherited fiscal mess, I like the Trump management of the US and the economy.

I voted for Trump. And even I have noticed a negative effect on one very important area. That would be in the divide between the Left, and the Right. While there has always been friction; I didn't want to believe that it was an unmendable divide. But alas...
Since the mass shooting of Republican leadership at a friendly ball game, to the gunning down of country music fans, and the endless rioting, and ever increasing violence from the Left; I've come to accept that there will likely never be a truly United America for my son's to inherit. And sadly it's entirely likely that the violence will continue to escalate. Possibly to civil war proportions. This November's midterms are the last thing the Leftists have to hold out hope for. And when they don't win them... They'll have absolutely nothing but hate, and desperation. And as we all know; men are at their most dangerous When they have nothing to lose.
Trump is the biggest cheerleader for the Great Divide. I agree with you it's there, but you are focusing on symptoms, not the cause, in your post.
I disagree. The cause is the failure of the Left to accept the results of our lawful election. Like those results or not.

Due to the Trump Tax Cuts, I get $130 more in my retirement check each month. $1560 more a year for me is certainly no crumb!

Unfortunately, you elected people who will not reduce state and local taxes. Those of us living where there is no state income tax and low local taxes were paying higher Federal Taxes to offset the loss of revenue from high taxed states. More people are fleeing NY than those coming in.

We all lost state and local tax deductions. If your state and local taxes are too high, elect better pols.

Our state and local taxes provide excellent schools and public services.
Why should we be punished for taking care of our people?

Unfortunately, you elected people who will not reduce state and local taxes. Those of us living where there is no state income tax and low local taxes were paying higher Federal Taxes to offset the loss of revenue from high taxed states. More people are fleeing NY than those coming in.
We take care of our people and provide exceptional schools, why should we be penalized for it?

Why do we strive for the lowest common denominator. We should encourage states to be the best......that affects the quality of life in the OP

The quality of life for me and the people in my state have been adversely affected by Trump

The only fair way to use state and local deductions is to cap them at the lowest state's rate. That way we all get the same deduction, or no deduction.

Last edited:

Trump's already done more to benefit the middle and poor class than then the previous 4 presidents combined. Next!
We both know you’re full of shit.

Once again:

iu

One of us has claimed it and has no proof, and the other knows he's wrong.

Here’s Everything Donald Trump Has Done So Far as President Watch this one! :badgrin:

Here’s What Trump Has Done Right in His First 6 Months

President Trump's 100 Days of Historic Accomplishments | The White House

Not sure if mentioned in there, but that 5-year moratorium before politicians can become lobbyists (EO) is huge!

Now what, Billygoat?

Trump's already done more to benefit the middle and poor class than then the previous 4 presidents combined. Next!
You’re basing that on absolutely nothing lol. Can’t you think for yourself for once?

Wrong, dumbshit. I'm basing it on the EOs he's signed and the policies he's enacted. Cutting taxes, revamping NAFTA, streamlining the EPA, encouraging domestic production, securing the borders. Things that have needed to be done for years. Whatcha think about that? I'm not some unthinking mook like you. From my observations, you absolutely do not know how to critically think. You're a simple online shill.

Here's a nice link for ya, thanks to PoliticalChic :

Report: Blue-collar Job Growth At Highest Level In 30 Years

So, what evidence do you have to the contrary, aye?

What's that? Jack Squat?! Color me surprised...not!

Last edited:
The only fair way to use state and local deductions is to cap them at the lowest state's rate. That way we all get the same deduction, or no deduction.
Strive for the lowest common denominator and strive for poor public services

Hey America....let’s all be Mississippi

Strive for the lowest common denominator and strive for poor public services

Hey America....let’s all be Mississippi
There is another thread regarding the Debt and interest on the Debt. The Federal Government is living on borrowed money. As the Debt rises so does the interest payment. If the states need to tighten their belts to level the playing field, so be it.

Here is a list of state income tax rates
Overall Tax Burden By State

My state also has a state sales tax, and a gas tax for highways, which is not shown in the above link. Plus property taxes and a 1% income tax for local schools. So we all pay taxes, some more and some less. Either way we're not MS. Growing the economy helps state revenues too.

Forum List

Back