How has the Obama years effected you personally?

Whee............ The nutters are out in force, whining about their poor lives, and not doing a thing about it, other than whining. No need to wonder about why their life is poor now, is there.

I've only been around this site for maybe a few months and over and over and over again, all you see is this negative shit about Obama and now the dept ceiling circus is about to start....but guys, I would like to know, since 2008 and now, what exactly has impacted your life so intensely that you find a need to come here every mf day and whine about it....just askin?

What has this president done that all the fuckin presidents has done that make you nuts come here and whine almost daily?
he got born half black.

other than that he really hasn't done anything wrong. The GOP enabled crooks to crash the world's economy. He's had to his best with a crippled economy and the Gop Oppose him on every bill because he's black.
. Factcheck time.
Democrat policies crash the economy. Remember the housing crisis? That was all because of the Democrats.

Healthcare company I worked for ... Over 8 years ...moved half of it's jobs over seas to Mexico, India and the Phillipines. The rest had to move back to their home office in Ohio. Laying off well over 500 People... Directly related to changes due to the ACA.

Same company has been struggling ever since. Hope no one needs medical supplies, IV systems or drugs BTW.

If ACA does anything its a job builder....but again, the Health care industry is about profits and that's why we need single payer to get these people, you out of the middle man business into the direct line of service. Blame your company, the don't want to pay a decent wage and would rather find it offshore cheaply, but how is that Obama's fault. I work in the mortgage industry, 80% of our jobs are in the same offshore countries as yours....cheap in the new redwhiteandblue!! Do I blame Obama, NO!!
Must be why the Co ops are going under,being closed down and insurance providers like BCBS are dropping out of the exchanges and outsourcing over seas. It's a job builder... Not.

Healthcare premiums up $4865 since Obama promised to cut them $2500 :eek:

Remember “if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it?” Yeah, that was a pretty good Obama lie. In fact it was PolitiFact’s 2013 “Lie of the Year” and also topped the Washington Post’s “Biggest Pinocchios of 2013” – “Pinocchio” being a nice of way of saying “pile of bovine excrement.”

Read more at (no title)

Okay, so did you lose you're healthcare plan? And because the greedy fuckin health industry raised costs, that's Obama's fault?
Damn stupid! Mandated healthcare expenses raised the rates.

Remember “if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it?” Yeah, that was a pretty good Obama lie. In fact it was PolitiFact’s 2013 “Lie of the Year” and also topped the Washington Post’s “Biggest Pinocchios of 2013” – “Pinocchio” being a nice of way of saying “pile of bovine excrement.”

Read more at (no title)

Okay, so did you lose you're healthcare plan? And because the greedy fuckin health industry raised costs, that's Obama's fault?
They know... But paid trolls gotta do what they are paid to do. :)

Have a wall-o-text!

Well, our biggest loss was from the market crash $2m, we've gotten back just under $1m since then (during Obama) which is actually better than our guy was expecting (then again we did some higher risk investments than we normally would have to recoup that)

Economy seems like it wasn't affected by the recession at all from what I've seen - we lost a few places here in my town over the past decade or so, but that's not abnormal per say (we're picky so restaurants tend to keel if they don't find a nitche - I did find it a bit surprising that Haute Quarter failed, they were a ritzy uptown joint with fancy French stuff, everyone thought they'd do great with their hotty-totty menu. Rumor is some guy came out of the liquor store next door and tried to rip off a ladies fur stole and that was the end of it - not entirely sure that's true, info came from a friend of the family who's famous for talking out his ass. I do know that folk's weren't too pleased with the size inside nor that it was next door to the liquor store though.)

We did just get a brand new Walgreen's after Holiday (gas station) shut down because of a tank rupture (they decided competition was too stiff and it wasn't worth fixing to working order so when Walgreens said they'd buy the lot and do the EPA required repairs they jumped on it), Alaska Club (local fitness gym) just finished a major expansion (put in a pool even,) a bunch of new stores opened up (most have survived so far.) Our buddies down at Sea-do and Arctic Cat said they've been having "banner years" more than once; folks are apparently buying like crazy (that's toys; yachts, jet-skis, and snow machines.) A second hot tub store opened and the "original" one moved to a bigger location. One of our two motel's expanded (nearly doubled its capacity.) Oh and our local hospital just built a mini-ER and medical center last year; x-rays and the works finally. (We used to have to make the 30 minute drive to Anchorage proper for emergencies, or call the fire department ambulance and cross our fingers.)

Muni had to abandon the original city hall (starbucks had bought it, don't recall when) gov/state services have been wandering around the city for quite a while now (not that it's far between them all) The Public Library moved to a smaller location (twice), police station moved (again) to a smaller location (I think they've given up on finding any new officers, we've been short forever), DMV expanded their office and did a complete remodel, (the unemployment office was downsized but upgraded for that,) and I believe we got a brand spanking new fire truck as well as a fire station expansion (though I can't entirely recall if that was before or after 2008) Our schools are whining more than "usual" for money this year, (they almost never used to whine, but the past like six years they started hinting and this year it progressed to full on whining, no hand wringing and temper-tantrums yet just whining. Still we've got money set aside to build a brand new school in town here.)

EPA finally let us ditch annual emission control tests on our cars; we were passing requirements with flying colors for decades and they finally caved to reality (I add that because I feel like we slipped that into the omg recession panic heh.) The state also made some changes to rolling stock registration so it's a bit cheaper for us personally - though they increased a bunch of fees and rates on stuff like renewing licenses and title transfers, I think we came out a head by a bit because we have older project cars we don't have to register under the new setup and because they lowered the annual cost slightly on trailers, boats, and snow machine registration if you paid for a longer length of time)

Housing market went to total fuck (expected from the crash, but it seems like the recovery has been non-existent and we're a super desirable area - best schools, lowest crime, etc.) There was a massive expansion project in the works for like 1000 new homes before (we had been desperate for new houses out here as long as I can remember,) but they're just now getting to building five houses in the area they'd gotten approval for and prepped to build on before the crash. That said we did build a brand new senior housing center, and we got authorization from the housing department to build like 20-30 (I didn't count them) new low income houses (we had years ago allotted a some crap hole apartment buildings I wish we'd tore down and rebuilt, but some something regulation wouldn't let us do that and ear mark them low income - those POS apartment's run like $500-700/m, but these are brand new 2 story condos with garages designed specifically for young families and priced at $900-$1,000/m - I'm really hoping that we can snag up some open cheap land for more low income apartments, demo the crap hole ones we have now, moving those folks to the new apartments, then we can rebuild the shitholes. I hate those things; I had a friend who lived in them over 30 years ago, before they were low income even, and I think they should be condemned; closet sized bedrooms, no dishwashers in the kitchens, water didn't clear for a while, wind blew straight through the windows/doors, most of them didn't even have a full bath (just a stand up shower), the useless patio decks on the 2-4th floors felt like they were moments from falling off the side of the building, the parking was atrocious, and the basement storage and communal washer/dryer area /always/ smelled like something died - it was awful and I can't imagine they've gotten better... It's not right :/ Sorry ranting.)

Our biggest problem with employment, as I've noted a number of times on here, is that we don't have enough workers so there's "we're hiring" signs damn near everywhere pretty much all the time - that didn't seem to have changed at all with the recession. They say our state unemployment is up, supposedly highest in the nation?, but those figures always include the villages in the bush and stuff which is a totally different animal from the cities - in Anchorage (the biggest city) there's a labor shortage, same as always.

We paid/are expecting to pay quite a bit more in taxes, including the ACA fees cause we've always paid out of pocket. Our medical bills themselves went up like maybe 15% with med cost increases and stuff. Husband hit a moose in 2010 and broke his neck and that cost us like $50k (I'm not sure what the usual cost for that is, was our first "medical emergency" situation) - normally I'd not bitch, but we had to pay higher taxes on our investment pull out to cover that vs what we've previously pulled out for toys, vacations, or remodeling the house. I think there shouldn't be taxes if you're using it for a medical emergency frankly, but it is what it is.

Electric and Nat Gas bill's have nearly doubled (also Enstar, our nat gas folks, shut down their office here in town and they can't do online pay so we have to mail a check now - annoying as hell, /only/ bill we have to have checks for.) On the other hand AT&T came up here and opened an office here in town so the cost of internet, cellphone, cable, land lines is in practical free fall atm; we're down to $500 a month and used to pay around $900 for far less service. Our local telephone company tore down and rebuilt their main office here in town (looks great and the roof doesn't leak on the employees anymore heh)

The cost of almost everything else day-to-day has gone up, like Milk's up a buck a gallon, breads up $0.50, cost of soda's up $2 a case, etc. Oddly the cost of booze and cigarettes went down by quite a lot (State did that out of the blue, not sure why.)

Gas prices have flexed a lot, ATM it's down about a buck a gallon from what we'd "gotten used to", which was up about two or three bucks higher than before the shit hit the fan. On the other hand we've got a record dividend from gas profits this year (payout is based on previous 5yrs.)

(ru roh, snowing and we might be loosing power heh off I go.)

Oh... Post above made me think of this. State I live in has had no job growth in over 6 years. Wages are also down because demand for jobs is high.

Oh... Post above made me think of this. State I live in has had no job growth in over 6 years. Wages are also down because demand for jobs is high.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time one of you nuts, ie conservatives run for anything, save for real job in the private sector, don't you morons run on JOBS CREATION? So you got complaints, I suggest you contact the mindless that you elected and ask, where's the effin beef?

I'm from a democratic ran state and we got jobs coming out the ass!!

Have a wall-o-text!

Well, our biggest loss was from the market crash $2m, we've gotten back just under $1m since then (during Obama) which is actually better than our guy was expecting (then again we did some higher risk investments than we normally would have to recoup that)

Economy seems like it wasn't affected by the recession at all from what I've seen - we lost a few places here in my town over the past decade or so, but that's not abnormal per say (we're picky so restaurants tend to keel if they don't find a nitche - I did find it a bit surprising that Haute Quarter failed, they were a ritzy uptown joint with fancy French stuff, everyone thought they'd do great with their hotty-totty menu. Rumor is some guy came out of the liquor store next door and tried to rip off a ladies fur stole and that was the end of it - not entirely sure that's true, info came from a friend of the family who's famous for talking out his ass. I do know that folk's weren't too pleased with the size inside nor that it was next door to the liquor store though.)

We did just get a brand new Walgreen's after Holiday (gas station) shut down because of a tank rupture (they decided competition was too stiff and it wasn't worth fixing to working order so when Walgreens said they'd buy the lot and do the EPA required repairs they jumped on it), Alaska Club (local fitness gym) just finished a major expansion (put in a pool even,) a bunch of new stores opened up (most have survived so far.) Our buddies down at Sea-do and Arctic Cat said they've been having "banner years" more than once; folks are apparently buying like crazy (that's toys; yachts, jet-skis, and snow machines.) A second hot tub store opened and the "original" one moved to a bigger location. One of our two motel's expanded (nearly doubled its capacity.) Oh and our local hospital just built a mini-ER and medical center last year; x-rays and the works finally. (We used to have to make the 30 minute drive to Anchorage proper for emergencies, or call the fire department ambulance and cross our fingers.)

Muni had to abandon the original city hall (starbucks had bought it, don't recall when) gov/state services have been wandering around the city for quite a while now (not that it's far between them all) The Public Library moved to a smaller location (twice), police station moved (again) to a smaller location (I think they've given up on finding any new officers, we've been short forever), DMV expanded their office and did a complete remodel, (the unemployment office was downsized but upgraded for that,) and I believe we got a brand spanking new fire truck as well as a fire station expansion (though I can't entirely recall if that was before or after 2008) Our schools are whining more than "usual" for money this year, (they almost never used to whine, but the past like six years they started hinting and this year it progressed to full on whining, no hand wringing and temper-tantrums yet just whining. Still we've got money set aside to build a brand new school in town here.)

EPA finally let us ditch annual emission control tests on our cars; we were passing requirements with flying colors for decades and they finally caved to reality (I add that because I feel like we slipped that into the omg recession panic heh.) The state also made some changes to rolling stock registration so it's a bit cheaper for us personally - though they increased a bunch of fees and rates on stuff like renewing licenses and title transfers, I think we came out a head by a bit because we have older project cars we don't have to register under the new setup and because they lowered the annual cost slightly on trailers, boats, and snow machine registration if you paid for a longer length of time)

Housing market went to total fuck (expected from the crash, but it seems like the recovery has been non-existent and we're a super desirable area - best schools, lowest crime, etc.) There was a massive expansion project in the works for like 1000 new homes before (we had been desperate for new houses out here as long as I can remember,) but they're just now getting to building five houses in the area they'd gotten approval for and prepped to build on before the crash. That said we did build a brand new senior housing center, and we got authorization from the housing department to build like 20-30 (I didn't count them) new low income houses (we had years ago allotted a some crap hole apartment buildings I wish we'd tore down and rebuilt, but some something regulation wouldn't let us do that and ear mark them low income - those POS apartment's run like $500-700/m, but these are brand new 2 story condos with garages designed specifically for young families and priced at $900-$1,000/m - I'm really hoping that we can snag up some open cheap land for more low income apartments, demo the crap hole ones we have now, moving those folks to the new apartments, then we can rebuild the shitholes. I hate those things; I had a friend who lived in them over 30 years ago, before they were low income even, and I think they should be condemned; closet sized bedrooms, no dishwashers in the kitchens, water didn't clear for a while, wind blew straight through the windows/doors, most of them didn't even have a full bath (just a stand up shower), the useless patio decks on the 2-4th floors felt like they were moments from falling off the side of the building, the parking was atrocious, and the basement storage and communal washer/dryer area /always/ smelled like something died - it was awful and I can't imagine they've gotten better... It's not right :/ Sorry ranting.)

Our biggest problem with employment, as I've noted a number of times on here, is that we don't have enough workers so there's "we're hiring" signs damn near everywhere pretty much all the time - that didn't seem to have changed at all with the recession. They say our state unemployment is up, supposedly highest in the nation?, but those figures always include the villages in the bush and stuff which is a totally different animal from the cities - in Anchorage (the biggest city) there's a labor shortage, same as always.

We paid/are expecting to pay quite a bit more in taxes, including the ACA fees cause we've always paid out of pocket. Our medical bills themselves went up like maybe 15% with med cost increases and stuff. Husband hit a moose in 2010 and broke his neck and that cost us like $50k (I'm not sure what the usual cost for that is, was our first "medical emergency" situation) - normally I'd not bitch, but we had to pay higher taxes on our investment pull out to cover that vs what we've previously pulled out for toys, vacations, or remodeling the house. I think there shouldn't be taxes if you're using it for a medical emergency frankly, but it is what it is.

Electric and Nat Gas bill's have nearly doubled (also Enstar, our nat gas folks, shut down their office here in town and they can't do online pay so we have to mail a check now - annoying as hell, /only/ bill we have to have checks for.) On the other hand AT&T came up here and opened an office here in town so the cost of internet, cellphone, cable, land lines is in practical free fall atm; we're down to $500 a month and used to pay around $900 for far less service. Our local telephone company tore down and rebuilt their main office here in town (looks great and the roof doesn't leak on the employees anymore heh)

The cost of almost everything else day-to-day has gone up, like Milk's up a buck a gallon, breads up $0.50, cost of soda's up $2 a case, etc. Oddly the cost of booze and cigarettes went down by quite a lot (State did that out of the blue, not sure why.)

Gas prices have flexed a lot, ATM it's down about a buck a gallon from what we'd "gotten used to", which was up about two or three bucks higher than before the shit hit the fan. On the other hand we've got a record dividend from gas profits this year (payout is based on previous 5yrs.)

(ru roh, snowing and we might be loosing power heh off I go.)

Loved the novel, so the question remains, yes its effected you, but how in the hell is any of this Obama's fault???

Read more at (no title)

You moron, premiums are not up and you know it, actually they're quite low, its the HIGH DEDUCTIBLES that are kicking people in the teeth and this has nothing to do with ACA and everything to do with people like me paying premiums and getting the industry's out of pocket to pay absolutely nothing until I meet or exceed my deductible. This was yet another kick in the teeth by the insurance companies to maximize their profits...something you morons can't seem to comprehend. ACA put millions upon millions in the pockets of healthcare providers, if anything it was a win for these greedy bastards.....because 99% of all these people now insured...all pay something into the system, and most don't even use the shit.

Healthcare company I worked for ... Over 8 years ...moved half of it's jobs over seas to Mexico, India and the Phillipines. The rest had to move back to their home office in Ohio. Laying off well over 500 People... Directly related to changes due to the ACA.

Same company has been struggling ever since. Hope no one needs medical supplies, IV systems or drugs BTW.

If ACA does anything its a job builder....but again, the Health care industry is about profits and that's why we need single payer to get these people, you out of the middle man business into the direct line of service. Blame your company, the don't want to pay a decent wage and would rather find it offshore cheaply, but how is that Obama's fault. I work in the mortgage industry, 80% of our jobs are in the same offshore countries as yours....cheap in the new redwhiteandblue!! Do I blame Obama, NO!!
Must be why the Co ops are going under,being closed down and insurance providers like BCBS are dropping out of the exchanges and outsourcing over seas. It's a job builder... Not.

You ever hear of a little bill called NAFTA? White collar jobs have been streaming out this country since the 90's. And you know and we all know, today, you get a guy on the phone from India...that's not Obama's fault, ACA's fault, but a industry called capitalism who could give two fucks about america's workers and would rather save a buck than give a fuck. Oh, and lets not forget, the conservatives actually passed a bill that gives tax incentives, your tax dollars to companies that take your jobs offshore...you want to complain, find a nickle and call somebody!!

Read more at (no title)

You really are stupid. Face the facts, Obama is a fucking disaster

No, actually your the stupid one, two caught up in your radical hatred of OBama to see the real culprit in all this, Industry greed and out of control capitalism...something both democrats and republicans seem to find uninteresting.

After Obama I am no longer sure that prejudice and bigotry are such bad ideas after all.
He is the first alleged President we have had that convinced me that they were unAmerican and guilty of unConstitutional, immoral, and other illegal acts as well as being a proven habitual liar.

I've only been around this site for maybe a few months and over and over and over again, all you see is this negative shit about Obama and now the dept ceiling circus is about to start....but guys, I would like to know, since 2008 and now, what exactly has impacted your life so intensely that you find a need to come here every mf day and whine about it....just askin?

What has this president done that all the fuckin presidents has done that make you nuts come here and whine almost daily?

your grammar and sentence structure along with spelling absolutely :suck: mine do too, but very rarely :lmao:

"what exactly has impacted your life so intensely..."

he has intensified my hate for him and all liberfools so much that i would love to put all you idiots on a big, big boat, tow it to the middle of the ocean and sink it!! :lmao:

Forum List

Back