How has Obama affected you?

Has obama and company affectd yorur views on race

• I'm white , and disliked blacks before obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm black and think blacks deserve whatever they can take now that Obama is in charge

• I'm black and wish obama would do something to tone down the rhetoric

• Total voters
Truth is Conhog, if you wanted an open and honest debate about race or any topic for that matter, sadly USMB isn't the place to have it.

The only thing that Obama has changed for me is the realization that no matter which party we put in control they are going to screw us over for their own personal financial and power gains.

The Reps screwed us under bush and now the Dems are screwing us under the O-man.

As far as race the only thing Obama has really done is help point out, by being the first black president and also by several of his actions and comments, many people's hypocricy when it comes to racial issues. President Obama's administration and possibly the Presdient himself is included in the group of many people whom show this hypocracy, in my opinion.

The only thing that Obama has changed for me is the realization that no matter which party we put in control they are going to screw us over for their own personal financial and power gains.

The Reps screwed us under bush and now the Dems are screwing us under the O-man.

As far as race the only thing Obama has really done is help point out, by being the first black president and also by several of his actions and comments, many people's hypocricy when it comes to racial issues. President Obama's administration and possibly the Presdient himself is included in the group of many people whom show this hypocracy, in my opinion.

You score BO on a very forgiving curve if you believe the missteps of the Bush administration are in any way comparable to our present calamity of an executive.

This "not a dime's worth of difference" stuff is lame. And, forgive me, naive.

You score BO on a very forgiving curve if you believe the missteps of the Bush administration are in any way comparable to our present calamity of an executive.

Its a different kind of screwjob but both have taken away our liberties for the comforts of security (be it security financially or from terror) and in the process have made us less free and less secure in both.

Its a different kind of screwjob but both have taken away our liberties for the comforts of security (be it security financially or from terror) and in the process have made us less free and less secure in both.

I agree.

NEVER has a president, gotten in my way of succeeding in my own career....OR in my own life.

not Reagan, not Bush 1, not Clinton, not Bush 2 and not Obama...(if i were still working)

Every ethnicity manifests a stereotype or two. E.g., the Italian Sopranos stereotype, the German militant, authoritarian stereotype, the Jewish Shylock, etc., and anyone who has moved about on the streets of New York City for any length of time is familiar with the Black sidewalk peddler hustling everything from bootleg CDs to knock-off Gucci handbags and "hot" wristwatches. The thing that all these Black hustlers have in common is an exceptionally smooth, engaging, often articulate rap. As my profane Dutch granny used to say, they can talk the balls off a brass monkey.

While my first choice for President was Kucinich I voted for Obama because it was either him or McCain. But I had no hopeful illusions. Based on Obama's rap I expected that he would turn out to be a veritable savior or just a highly sophisticated version of the shit-talking, jive-ass Times Square hustler with a row of phony Rolex watches adorning his forearms.

So far the only significant way the Obama Presidency has affected me is to eliminate the threatening rise in my blood pressure whenever I saw his predecessor on television. I don't hate Obama but I truly hate George W. Bush. Obama is just a jive-ass, he's not a maniacally egotistical authoritarian elitist who is determined to patronize his super-rich cronies even if it means destroying America as we've known it. But that's exactly what George W. Bush was and is. And every time I saw that criminal bastard's evil, smirking face on television my blood pressure would climb menacingly.

So the bottom line for me is the smooth-talking jive-ass who has managed to ease himself into the White House hasn't done anything to help me. But compared to the would-be tyrant he's replaced he's done me no harm -- and he doesn't embarrass me with one arrogant barbarism after another.

i can't sleep at night knowing i live in a country where 68 million people voted for a mongrel with virtually no experience to be our president during the worst economic crisis in 80 years, simply because he could read a teleprompter well.

i can't sleep at night knowing i live in a country where 68 million people voted for a mongrel with virtually no experience to be our president during the worst economic crisis in 80 years, simply because he could read a teleprompter well.

A mongrel? sheesh, just lovely....

would McCain have been better in this crisis? a man who admitted to everyone that he really knows nothing on economics?

that's a hard one to swallow....

I don't think there was anyone running for president that could "handle" this huge downfall/recession....(well, maybe Hillary :D)

A mongrel? sheesh, just lovely....

would McCain have been better in this crisis? a man who admitted to everyone that he really knows nothing on economics?

that's a hard one to swallow....

I don't think there was anyone running for president that could "handle" this huge downfall/recession....(well, maybe Hillary :D)

mongrel - obama's word. not mine.

it's not how much one person knows, it's who they surround themselves with and whose advice they ultimately take.

i have a hard time believing that 9.5% unemployment is the best we could have achieved at this point.

could it have been worse? absolutely, but it sure as hell could have been better.

Worst man for the job at the worst time.

a mongrel? Sheesh, just lovely....

Would mccain have been better in this crisis? A man who admitted to everyone that he really knows nothing on economics?

That's a hard one to swallow....

I don't think there was anyone running for president that could "handle" this huge downfall/recession....(well, maybe hillary :d)

cough cough romney cough cough :D

Would mccain have been better in this crisis? A man who admitted to everyone that he really knows nothing on economics?

I don't think there was anyone running for president that could "handle" this huge downfall/recession....(well, maybe hillary :d)

I don't remember him being that stellar of a governor for us in massachusetts....if he had been, then I could 100% agree with you....he does have some experience with getting the Olympics in order....

(and he is very handsome! :D)

I don't remember him being that stellar of a governor for us in massachusetts....if he had been, then I could 100% agree with you....he does have some experience with getting the Olympics in order....

His tan is not as good as Boehner's though.

Our budgets here were good under Romney and he probably had the most economic sense out of any single canidate that was running in either party.

I didn't really like him as a canidate, nor did I like McCain, Clinton, or Obama....but he was the best out of the bunch as far as the economy went. Well maybe Ron Paul but I didn't wanna go there :lol:

Remember the 2004 headline "How can 61 million people be so stupid?"

(Might be off on the number a bit though.)

Remember the 2004 headline "How can 61 million people be so stupid?"

(Might be off on the number a bit though.)

To be fair to 60+ million people he was running against McCain after 8 years of bush...i mean if he didn't win then I would have been surprised.

I grew up in the 60's and 70s'. I've seen real racism. This country currently is nothing near to what that was like. I take people one at a time. If yer an asshole, then I know they come in all colors.

Having said that, more and more I think that Obama follows reverend wright's ideology. It's almost as if they think "We're on top now, let's put one over on whitey". Blindly backing up a man just because he's black, that smacks of racism. Suing AZ and talking about how racist (in so many words) the 1070 law is, smacks of racism.

You see, a tactic of the progressives is to call your enemy out on whatever you can, even if it mirrors what you are doing. A psychologist friend of mine once said something to the effect that "People calling you names, are really telling you how they feel about themselves".

The more I see, the more I believe that Obama is racist.

Forum List

Back