How has Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally?

I didn't say he was entitled to steal anything, but they aren't entitled to his money. On the other hand, this type of behavior should be expected. They chose to announce to the all viewers something that may be perceived in a negative way, either to advance leftist propaganda, or for attention. Since pirating digital media cannot be prevented, they have only themselves to blame for this reaction. People will choose not to support someone if they are given reason, and they gave those who disagree with them a reason.
They are not entitled to his money, thus it's his decision whether he buys their products or not.
Since the entire premise of this OP that he feels justified to illegally obtain the material it becomes exactly what you said. All the rest of your post is just more justification. It seems to me that you, as so many others are using political affiliation as an excuse to do stuff, you know you shouldn't. I fancy myself as somewhat of a student of history. And feeling justified because of supposed political affiliation to do immoral/illegal acts, the step to outright concentration camps becomes a whole lot smaller. It shows that the rule of law is less important than politics.
I'm not justifying it. I'm pointing out that those in Hollywood cause this behavior themselves. You're just creating a strawman because you can't deny that fact.
I didn't write the OP Grampa did. furthermore I'd like to know what the strawman argument is? I also want to know how at the same time saying how you aren't justifying stealing material works, while in the very next sentence you put the blame of pirating on Hollywood because their political stance gave the people who want to steal a reason? What am I missing?
Claiming I'm justifying stealing is a strawman, since I never made that argument.

Because by making statements that alienate or upset potential buyers, they create the problem of people not wanting to give them their money. It's really not that difficult for a person to keep their trap shut. If a business doesn't want to be targeted or boycotted, they refrain from giving themselves a bad reputation, the same can be said for individuals who place themselves squarely in public view.

To be fair, you're probably missing a lot. I'm used to that, though.
If you put the blame of the theft not with the thief but with the one getting stolen from you are justifying it.
-justification
dʒʌstɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
the action of showing something to be right or reasonable.
"the justification of revolutionary action"
I highlighted what you did, since you seem to have problems with defining words.
At no point did I say it's right or reasonable, I said Hollywood causes the behavior themselves. At least you were right that you're missing a lot.

Since the entire premise of this OP that he feels justified to illegally obtain the material it becomes exactly what you said. All the rest of your post is just more justification. It seems to me that you, as so many others are using political affiliation as an excuse to do stuff, you know you shouldn't. I fancy myself as somewhat of a student of history. And feeling justified because of supposed political affiliation to do immoral/illegal acts, the step to outright concentration camps becomes a whole lot smaller. It shows that the rule of law is less important than politics.
I'm not justifying it. I'm pointing out that those in Hollywood cause this behavior themselves. You're just creating a strawman because you can't deny that fact.
I didn't write the OP Grampa did. furthermore I'd like to know what the strawman argument is? I also want to know how at the same time saying how you aren't justifying stealing material works, while in the very next sentence you put the blame of pirating on Hollywood because their political stance gave the people who want to steal a reason? What am I missing?
Claiming I'm justifying stealing is a strawman, since I never made that argument.

Because by making statements that alienate or upset potential buyers, they create the problem of people not wanting to give them their money. It's really not that difficult for a person to keep their trap shut. If a business doesn't want to be targeted or boycotted, they refrain from giving themselves a bad reputation, the same can be said for individuals who place themselves squarely in public view.

If you put the blame of the theft not with the thief but with the one getting stolen from you are justifying it.
-justification
dʒʌstɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
I highlighted what you did, since you seem to have problems with defining words.
At no point did I say it's right or reasonable, I said Hollywood causes the behavior themselves. At least you were right that you're missing a lot.
If you say they cause it themselves you consider the thief's behavior reasonable. You see REASON in their behavior. You seem to be missing a lot not me.

-justification
dʒʌstɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
If you say they cause it themselves you consider the thief's behavior reasonable. You see REASON in their behavior. You seem to be missing a lot not me.
No, if I say they cause it themselves, I mean they cause it themselves. I never called the thief right or reasonable, my statement has always been that Hollywood perpetuates the behavior and should expect this response.

I'm not the one having trouble understanding English. Maybe you should go back to school, or at the very least stop picking debates you can't win.

I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.
In fact I just watched the new Star Wars movie from the comfort of my recliner.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.
I presume you're using an IP proxy.

I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.
In fact I just watched the new Star Wars movie from the comfort of my recliner.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.
I presume you're using an IP proxy.
I got caught a while back & got a cease & desist email. I have since changed some things. No more emails, no more trail.

I watch less Tv and don't spend as much on movies or music while the Hollywood politics is part of the reason so is the sorry quality of the Tv shows, movies, and music being put out today.

Less personal time because you have to work more hours to make ends meet?

I watch less Tv and don't spend as much on movies or music while the Hollywood politics is part of the reason so is the sorry quality of the Tv shows, movies, and music being put out today.

Less personal time because you have to work more hours to make ends meet?
No I work the standard 40 hour week I simply don't need or want to see politics in movies, TV shows, and music all the time if I want to see political stuff there are three 24 hour cable news stations and shit load of political websites for that.

Forum List

Back