How has Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally?

I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.
In fact I just watched the new Star Wars movie from the comfort of my recliner.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.

You admit to committing a crime. That's really stupid.

I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.
So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You want to watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.
No, he's saying that because he disagrees with them trying to affect the political opinions of others by spreading propaganda, he will not give them his money. They are not entitled to his money, thus it's his decision whether he buys their products or not. As people who are on camera, it's their own decision whether or not they chance this sort of backlash, and if it wasn't GMU, it would be many other people. They decided that it was more important to give their political opinion than to continue making money off of those potential buyers.
They are entitled to his money the moment he uses their product. He said he watched Star Wars without paying for it. That movie is the product. Are you entitled to steal toothpaste because you don't like Colgate?
I didn't say he was entitled to steal anything, but they aren't entitled to his money. On the other hand, this type of behavior should be expected. They chose to announce to the all viewers something that may be perceived in a negative way, either to advance leftist propaganda, or for attention. Since pirating digital media cannot be prevented, they have only themselves to blame for this reaction. People will choose not to support someone if they are given reason, and they gave those who disagree with them a reason.
They are not entitled to his money, thus it's his decision whether he buys their products or not.
Since the entire premise of this OP that he feels justified to illegally obtain the material it becomes exactly what you said. All the rest of your post is just more justification. It seems to me that you, as so many others are using political affiliation as an excuse to do stuff, you know you shouldn't. I fancy myself as somewhat of a student of history. And feeling justified because of supposed political affiliation to do immoral/illegal acts, the step to outright concentration camps becomes a whole lot smaller. It shows that the rule of law is less important than politics.
I'm not justifying it. I'm pointing out that those in Hollywood cause this behavior themselves. You're just creating a strawman because you can't deny that fact.

Guess you should make a citizens arrest. Go ahead punk, make my day!

So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You want to watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.
No, he's saying that because he disagrees with them trying to affect the political opinions of others by spreading propaganda, he will not give them his money. They are not entitled to his money, thus it's his decision whether he buys their products or not. As people who are on camera, it's their own decision whether or not they chance this sort of backlash, and if it wasn't GMU, it would be many other people. They decided that it was more important to give their political opinion than to continue making money off of those potential buyers.
They are entitled to his money the moment he uses their product. He said he watched Star Wars without paying for it. That movie is the product. Are you entitled to steal toothpaste because you don't like Colgate?
I didn't say he was entitled to steal anything, but they aren't entitled to his money. On the other hand, this type of behavior should be expected. They chose to announce to the all viewers something that may be perceived in a negative way, either to advance leftist propaganda, or for attention. Since pirating digital media cannot be prevented, they have only themselves to blame for this reaction. People will choose not to support someone if they are given reason, and they gave those who disagree with them a reason.
They are not entitled to his money, thus it's his decision whether he buys their products or not.
Since the entire premise of this OP that he feels justified to illegally obtain the material it becomes exactly what you said. All the rest of your post is just more justification. It seems to me that you, as so many others are using political affiliation as an excuse to do stuff, you know you shouldn't. I fancy myself as somewhat of a student of history. And feeling justified because of supposed political affiliation to do immoral/illegal acts, the step to outright concentration camps becomes a whole lot smaller. It shows that the rule of law is less important than politics.
I never claimed to be justified. I simply don't care and am publicly thumbing my nose at them.
You don't feel justified but you simply don't care because..... wait for it.
Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally
How does that work? You literally gave your reasoning to pirate Star Wars. Felt strongly enough about it to make an OP about it. But now your saying you don't feel justified.
Either the reasoning of your OP is wrong, or there is some other reasoning that for some reason you don't want to admit. Which is it?

So your answer is to become a criminal. Call the main office for the GOP you are just who they are looking for.

And it sounds like a mental disorder.

Speaking of the new Star Wars movie, it wasn't very good. But I know a Trump supporter who was saying it was full of that feminazi shit. Which had me scratching my head, because at no point that I can recall (except for a 2 second kiss at the very end of the movie) did sex or gender come into play at all. Is a movie now feminazi propaganda because it features women in positions of authority? Because, holy shit, if that's the case, in your opinion, you've become just as dogmatic as the actual radfems.

I'm not justifying it. I'm pointing out that those in Hollywood cause this behavior themselves. You're just creating a strawman because you can't deny that fact.
I didn't write the OP Grampa did. furthermore I'd like to know what the strawman argument is? I also want to know how at the same time saying how you aren't justifying stealing material works, while in the very next sentence you put the blame of pirating on Hollywood because their political stance gave the people who want to steal a reason? What am I missing?

I never claimed to be justified. I simply don't care and am publicly thumbing my nose at them.
You don't feel justified but you simply don't care because..... wait for it.
Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally
How does that work? You literally gave your reasoning to pirate Star Wars. Felt strongly enough about it to make an OP about it. But now your saying you don't feel justified.
Either the reasoning of your OP is wrong, or there is some other reasoning that for some reason you don't want to admit. Which is it?
I'll give you a hand. -The reason I pirate movies is because I'm too cheap to pay for them.
-The reason I pirate movies is because I don't want to wait for them to be released.
-The reason I pirate movies is because I don't want to go out to watch them in a theater.
All are justifications, and I suspect more honest than, "They hurt my partisan feelings."

Better than that, I forwarded your post to legal at Disney.

I didn't write the OP Grampa did. furthermore I'd like to know what the strawman argument is? I also want to know how at the same time saying how you aren't justifying stealing material works, while in the very next sentence you put the blame of pirating on Hollywood because their political stance gave the people who want to steal a reason? What am I missing?
Oh and I sure as hell can deny what you call facts. Hollywood didn't create the piracy problem. People who don't want to pay for copyright material do. It works the same as someone claiming he can beat his wife because she deserves it. Since the wife isn't knocking her own teeth out, the person who beats is responsible.

I watch less Tv and don't spend as much on movies or music while the Hollywood politics is part of the reason so is the sorry quality of the Tv shows, movies, and music being put out today.

Better than that, I forwarded your post to legal at Disney.
I care. I really do...

Don't you think I already considered the little panty weight losers on USMB would do such?

Don't care

I have not gone to a movie in about 16 years. Creates revisionist history and promotes a fantasy cultural that is not grounded in reality.

If I wanted to win best picture in Hollywood I would make this movie:
Title: Struggle in the Breeze
This is an epic tale of a struggling gay Jewish concentration camp survivor in post WW II Los Angeles. He must find his identity and soul while fighting McCarthyism in a world of white supremacy. The lawyer that takes up his case was also one of the liberators of the camp he was held in. He served in an all black unit. They fall in love. Donald Trump’s father is the evil landlord attempting to evict other gay Jews from their apartments. Oscar winner 4 sure!:beer:
Almost forgot to add the lesbian Hispanic neighbors.

Last edited:
Claiming I'm justifying stealing is a strawman, since I never made that argument.

Because by making statements that alienate or upset potential buyers, they create the problem of people not wanting to give them their money. It's really not that difficult for a person to keep their trap shut. If a business doesn't want to be targeted or boycotted, they refrain from giving themselves a bad reputation, the same can be said for individuals who place themselves squarely in public view.

To be fair, you're probably missing a lot. I'm used to that, though.

Oh and I sure as hell can deny what you call facts. Hollywood didn't create the piracy problem. People who don't want to pay for copyright material do. It works the same as someone claiming he can beat his wife because she deserves it. Since the wife isn't knocking her own teeth out, the person who beats is responsible.
I never claimed that Hollywood created the piracy problem. You're, again, creating a strawman because you can't debate me. I said they cause this behavior, not that they cause piracy. "This behavior" being, as an example, GMU saying he disagrees with their views and deciding to pirate their movies instead of giving them money. At no point did I credit anyone for the creation of piracy.

As for the last part of your nonsensical rant, that's a false parallel. In that situation, something can be done about the acts in question. The husband can go to jail for abusing his wife, she can leave him, she can fight back. Piracy cannot be stopped, and is a reaction from a large amount of people.

Zero fucks are give about a celebrities political leanings. I watch movies and TV shows to be entertained, when the politics comes out, I tune out.

Claiming I'm justifying stealing is a strawman, since I never made that argument.

Because by making statements that alienate or upset potential buyers, they create the problem of people not wanting to give them their money. It's really not that difficult for a person to keep their trap shut. If a business doesn't want to be targeted or boycotted, they refrain from giving themselves a bad reputation, the same can be said for individuals who place themselves squarely in public view.

To be fair, you're probably missing a lot. I'm used to that, though.
If you put the blame of the theft not with the thief but with the one getting stolen from you are justifying it.
-justification
dʒʌstɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
the action of showing something to be right or reasonable.
"the justification of revolutionary action"
I highlighted what you did, since you seem to have problems with defining words.

Forum List

Back