How has Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.
In fact I just watched the new Star Wars movie from the comfort of my recliner.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.

I now pirate every single movie. I will NEVER again pay to see one of these losers on the big sreen.

It's time these celebrities realized their place in life. They're not curing cancer or building rockets to mars. They play make believe for a living.
I buy movies. I don't go to the theater, so I imagine this hits the actors in the pocketbook. I don't know how much they make off of BlueRays, but it isn't much.....the studio makes most of the money off of that. Actors rely on box-office numbers to gauge their viability....and if nobody pays to watch their movies, they can't pull in $20 million per picture. Jim Carrey is a prime example of this. His constant mouthing off has turned off his former fans. Jennifer Laurence is another one who is paying a price for her politics. Cher is toast. Rosie....done. This is like throwing spitwads at a battleship. The elitist liberals are paying a price with poor sales.

I was never a fan, never watched a single awards show ever. But I would go movies every now and then. Now I feel motivated like you to not go just because these professional posers have revealed what egotistical idiots they are.

They have disgusted my wife and I. Not only Hollywood, but art, music, theater, and other forms of entertainment. There are many things we don't watch or listen to any more because of their hateful leftist political bias.

Why should it affect me at all?
ever since they upped the tickets for a movie to 3.00,,i gave them the finger! no movie is worth more than $2.00 to see in my book. why should i and all americans be paying actors millions for doing a single and sometimes boring movie?

So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You want to watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.

How has Hollywood's political obsessions affected you personally?

it will be a cold day in hell before

i will spend any clams on a Hollywood flick

So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You want to watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.

Yup, it’s great.

So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You wan't too watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.
Has nothing to do with who they like. Has everything to do with them thinking they are special & entitled.
If you hired me to remodel your home how would you feel if every time you tried to talk to me I brought up politics instead?

I don't care what an actor's politics are. If i enjoy their movies I'll watch them. It's the same with the NFL. Why would I sacrifice my own enjoyment because of what some fucking guy I don't even know thinks about DACA or what the fuck ever?

They aren't getting my $10. That'll show those multimillionaires who's boss. :eusa_snooty:

So you are saying as retaliation of Hollywood's perceived political afiliation, I will now steal the fruits of their labour? Well I can honestly say that's brilliant. Not only have you found a way to justify piracy, but you make it your political duty? You wan't too watch their movies but you don't want to pay for it because they don't like Trump......brilliant.
Has nothing to do with who they like. Has everything to do with them thinking they are special & entitled.
If you hired me to remodel your home how would you feel if every time you tried to talk to me I brought up politics instead?
It has to do with the fact that instead of choosing too not watch what they make, you instead choose to keep on watching what they make but not pay for it, because you don't like them. It's the worst kind of hypocrisy.

I buy movies. I don't go to the theater, so I imagine this hits the actors in the pocketbook. I don't know how much they make off of BlueRays, but it isn't much.....the studio makes most of the money off of that. Actors rely on box-office numbers to gauge their viability....and if nobody pays to watch their movies, they can't pull in $20 million per picture. Jim Carrey is a prime example of this. His constant mouthing off has turned off his former fans. Jennifer Laurence is another one who is paying a price for her politics. Cher is toast. Rosie....done. This is like throwing spitwads at a battleship. The elitist liberals are paying a price with poor sales.

I refuse to watch Liam Neeson any more.

He made his career being a badass with a gun, and has the British "guns are bad" mentality.

effing hypocrites

It has to do with the fact that instead of choosing too not watch what they make, you instead choose to keep on watching what they make but not pay for it, because you don't like them. It's the worst kind of hypocrisy.

so what fck em

It's saying I've got a right to commit criminal acts because of personal feelings. This could be a sum up for Trump's current trouble with Mueller.

The thing that irks me the most is how Hollywood is obsessed with glamorizing criminal behavior, violence, and the haphazard use of firearms. As a long-time firearms owner, shooter, and collector, the idiocy their movies often portray is downright irresponsible.

And to top it off, the majority of those idiots believe that American citizens shouldn't have the right to own firearms. That's just fucking disingenuous.

Forum List

Back