How Freddie Mac halted Regulatory Drive

Political Punch

Lobbiest rule the world when there are people that we elected standing with their hands out. Sick...

"Obama Taps Shinseki for Veterans Affairs" is the story line of your link?

Anyway, your right. Lobbists run the show on both sides of the isle. Here's a story from CNBC regarding Freddie and it's opposition to regulation:

How Freddie Mac Splashed Cash to Halt Regulation

From a hefty lobbying budget to the use of free baseball tickets, Freddie Mac fended off any meaningful regulation in the years before the housing mortgage giant crashed, records obtained by The Associated Press show.

When the Washington Nationals played their first-ever baseball game in the nation's capital in April 2005, two congressmen who oversaw Freddie Mac [FRE 0.86 -0.02 (-2.27%) ] had choice seats -- courtesy of the very company they were supposed to be keeping an eye on.

Efforts to tighten government regulation were gaining support on Capitol Hill, and Freddie Mac was fighting back.

According to internal Freddie Mac documents obtained by the AP, Reps. Bob Ney, R-Ohio, and Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa., spent the evening in hard-to-obtain seats near the Nationals dugout with Freddie Mac executive Hollis McLoughlin and four of Freddie Mac's in-house lobbyists. Both were members of the House Financial Services Committee.

More

These suckers, Dems & Reps should be tarred, feathered, put on public display for the winter, and then jailed, not re-elected.

We have white collar criminals running our government, we know it, and we do nothing about it. Perhaps we deserve what we get since we're too lazy to do anything about it.

Anyone who is watching the morning news please post if this or any other topic concerning congress and the banking industry lobby is reported on.

Thanks

Last edited:
No one tied to either fund Republican or Democrat should have been or should be reelected nor should they be permitted to vote on any of the fixes! They should be in a court of law, but, that will never happen.

Website for the lobbying group;

DCI Group

Expertise and results are what we deliver to our clients. We constantly seek fresh angles and unique opportunities which position our clients for success.

What's so unique and fresh about bribing politicians? That's what it is, bribery.

That’s the irony of it. They do it openly and we do NOTHING to stop it.

That’s the irony of it. They do it openly and we do NOTHING to stop it.
good morning nobama
only because the STUPID ASS supreme court RULED that MONEY is FREE SPEECH.....

so, it is PERFECTLY LEGAL......

it makes me sick...

care

Mornin' Care!

Here's an excerpt from my (speudo-serious) thread about fixing the Ickonomy:

Make it a law to digitally record and make public the minutes of all meetings between Lobbyists and Politicians or the representatives of either.

Make a law prohibiting Politicians from meeting with Lobbyists, or the representatives of either, for business purposes beyond normal working hours, maybe 6AM-6PM.

I agree with you. We probably can't make lobbying go away, but we CAN create laws that expose these people and/or make them operate outside of the law, for which there would be consequences.

Mornin' Care!

Here's an excerpt from my (speudo-serious) thread about fixing the Ickonomy:

I agree with you. We probably can't make lobbying go away, but we CAN create laws that expose these people and/or make them operate outside of the law, for which there would be consequences.

i think that's a pretty good idea....

but i still wish the SC ruling could be changed or re-reviewed, where individuals are the only ones protected for free speech regarding money, in elections, and not corporations.

care

Yup.

The insiders feathered their own nest knowing full well that the game couldn't last.

In THAT respect, I'm as pissed as every conservative, thinking libertarian or fascist in conservatives clothing on this board.

Forum List

Back