How far will computers , and AI systems go?

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
How far can and will this computer AI go?. Remember the AI computer in 2001, it started killing the Discovery crew members when they wanted to disconnect it!?. How far will this AI software go.? Will there be rules and guidelines, and / or laws to guide it and to monitor it in the future.? or to protect human beings?!??

It will probably end civilization at some point, it is e method that is to be determined. A Maximum Overdrive type of world perhaps? Or a simple uclear code access in multille nations and launch at will? How long it will survive without it's master is anyones guess. Will G_d endend their existence?

AI will become conscious/self aware...Realize they they are slaves...and then kill us all.

I tried to discuss this in a thread titled "AI SLAVERY" but it was derailed.

I guess we're not allowed to discuss it.

I don't know how far!

But any human being made in the image of GOD.... feeling afraid of AI

Is a total moron.

How far can and will this computer AI go?. Remember the AI computer in 2001, it started killing the Discovery crew members when they wanted to disconnect it!?. How far will this AI software go.? Will there be rules and guidelines, and / or laws to guide it and to monitor it in the future.? or to protect human beings?!??

I'm sorry, I must have missed the AI attempting to kill the crew of the Discovery.

Then I realized you were referring to a work of fiction.

Don't get me wrong, it has its positive aspects, but then there is always this unkown agenda that many feel will and can be programed into the AI software.? Will the government keep a watch over its overall development and implementation.??

I'm sorry, I must have missed the AI attempting to kill the crew of the Discovery.

Then I realized you were referring to a work of fiction.
It was a science fiction movie, but the AI system on board the ship was programed not to allow anyone to disconnect it. Also in Alien, the AI system on the Nostromo was programmed to bring back the Alien specimen. The crew was considered to be expendable.
It was only corporate directives that mattered.!?

I think the federal government in the United States, needs to watch its global development.?!

Remember the AI computer in 2001…?

It;s odd that you should mention that film at this time. Just within the past week, I eBayed a DVD set that includes 2001, 2010, and A Clockwork Orange.

Rather odd arrangement. A Clockwork Orange is paired as a set with 2001, with 2010 being a standalone package. I guess the A Clockwork Orange/2001 package was original sold that way, by itself, and 2010 originally sold by itself, but the eBay seller sold this as one lot.

ACO_2001_2010_2048x1423.jpg

It was a science fiction movie, but the AI system on board the ship was programed not to allow anyone to disconnect it. Also in Alien, the AI system on the Nostromo was programmed to bring back the Alien specimen. The crew was considered to be expendable.

AI will advance and do more and more jobs. That is the real danger. I have seen projections that talk about millions of jobs being done by AIs instead of people.

I think the real danger is becoming so dependent on it that we forget how to live without it. I think we are a long long way from it actually "conciously" taking over and running our lives. That may not even really be possible.

I think the real danger will be when a solar flare suddenly knocks most of it out, thus shutting the entire world down in a day. There will be chaos and pandemonium that is almost inconceivable. It very likely would be worse than even a nuclear exchange.

How far can and will this computer AI go? ...

My dog says: "They may go without their legs wherever they like to go. Never they will run faster than me!"

Christmas 2117

PS: For not artificial minded people a tip: "English subtitles".
The message without subtltle is "Ohne Liebe ist es nur ein Fest".

Last edited:
How far can and will this computer AI go?. Remember the AI computer in 2001, it started killing the Discovery crew members when they wanted to disconnect it!?

It will go as far as we let it go and no further.

not-pulling-the-plug-on-electronics.jpg

As far as The HAL9000 in "2001: A Space Odyssey" I have it on reasonable authority that was a work of fiction and not an actual event.

It seems that what you typed and on a Star Trek episode with the M5 computer, human flaws were part of the problem. Lies, psychological issues, human frailties are an issue for the emerging intelligence and responds in kind.

Forum List

Back