How fantastic it would be if Trump could talk Desantis into being his V.P.

You Dems don't understand because Dems are backstabbing scumbags.
Dems are thevonly thing that stands between four years of chaos, revenge & hate for fourcyears if that corrupt criminal lowlife is reelected.

We know that's what you cultists long for but be carefull what you wish for. YOU'RE not immune from Trump's evilness.

Why would he even entertain something like that the way Trump has trashed him nonstop?

DeSantis ...I think does not take any of the trash talk too seriously...he understands politics is a dirty business and that Trump is a fighter....that is just his nature....and Trump prevailed....and DeSantis has already thrown his support to Trump.

Dems are thevonly thing that stands between four years of chaos, revenge & hate for fourcyears if that corrupt criminal lowlife is reelected.

We know that's what you cultists long for but be carefull what you wish for. YOU'RE not immune from Trump's evilness.
What do you call the last 4 years then if not
chaos, revenge & hate

Plenty of evidence, watch her videos doing weapons training, her speech at CPAC this year or the other numerous podcast she's done
Nope. I grant that she has some sense regarding things military and international relations. It includes her views on our dangerously and stupidly open borders.

But on many other issues, I have seen no change or growth.

Despite Trump telling Fox News this week that DeSantis was on his short list of potential ticket mates, DeSantis said definitively Wednesday that he would not serve as vice president, indicating that he would be more effective remaining Florida governor, two sources said
He is doing too good a Job making Florida the BEST State in the USA.

Nope. I grant that she has some sense regarding things military and international relations. It includes her views on our dangerously and stupidly open borders.

But on many other issues, I have seen no change or growth.
And what specifically issue wise are you referring to?

...I'm asking you what specifically policy wise of hers you believe she still holds that are leftist
She has waffled over time. She was a dyed in the wool lib before she ultimately found voice enough to leave the Dim Party. It isn’t clear to me that she has any consistent and considered political philosophy not connected to electoral advantage.

One can approve of her current stated political positions on many topics yet still be left wondering what political breeze might blow which will cause her to flip her stance yet again.

She believes (it seems) in a government sponsored health care system. I see that as a dangerous path for America.

There is (sadly) room for discussion about abortion “rights” in our land. But she seems a whole lot more comfortable with an unfettered claim of “right” to abortion than I can support.

Gabbard supports making community college tuition free for all Americans while making all four-year colleges tuition free for students with an annual family income of $125,000 or less. The tuition would be funded by a new tax on trading stocks and bonds.

See: Political positions of Tulsi Gabbard - Wikipedia

I believe that’s not the place of government.

She has flipped a hit on her support for the so-called “Green New Deal.” I find that entire concept to be simplistic and completely unworthy of support. What will be her next position on it? Who knows?

She has supported a version or two of universal basic income: it’s not conservative. It’s liberal. And it’s unworkable.

The list goes from on.

I kind of like her. But I’m not sure I trust her.

She has waffled over time. She was a dyed in the wool lib before she ultimately found voice enough to leave the Dim Party. It isn’t clear to me that she has any consistent and considered political philosophy not connected to electoral advantage.

One can approve of her current stated political positions on many topics yet still be left wondering what political breeze might blow which will cause her to flip her stance yet again.

She believes (it seems) in a government sponsored health care system. I see that as a dangerous path for America.

There is (sadly) room for discussion about abortion “rights” in our land. But she seems a whole lot more comfortable with an unfettered claim of “right” to abortion than I can support.

See: Political positions of Tulsi Gabbard - Wikipedia

I believe that’s not the place of government.

She has flipped a hit on her support for the so-called “Green New Deal.” I find that entire concept to be simplistic and completely unworthy of support. What will be her next position on it? Who knows?

She has supported a version or two of universal basic income: it’s not conservative. It’s liberal. And it’s unworkable.

The list goes from on.

I kind of like her. But I’m not sure I trust her.
Gov sponsored Health Care meaning Medicare which if you're old enough to use now you'd know its nothing like what Canada is offering

Green New Deal she's more conservation now and I doubt she was ever in favor of climate radicals wanting to carbon tax people

That part may actually have legs as I do recall her agreeing with Yang during the debates if so ill concede that point

Fact is we won't know 100% until she debates again which I think will be the VP debate

I'm not going to completely write her off though as there are many once liberals who walked away and are now on the right and I'm sure you'll see some on this board

The dems are no longer the party of JFK, since LBJ they have gone down the toilet and Obama was the last straw for many of us who then voted Ron Paul and then Trump.

VP would be a big step down for DeSantis.

The most important thing is what is best for America ...not what is best for DeSantis in a personal sense.

We also must face the fact of who will lead America if something happens to Trump aka assasination or unexpected death of some nature....DeSantis is the best qualified to take over from Trump and keep America on the right track....America needs desantis....much more than Florida needs him.

Beyond being a 'spare' in case something happens to Trump the VP job is a shit job with no power.

the key phrase 'in case sodmething happens to Trump' ....DeSantis would be positioned to make sure Trumps policies are kept in place and he would be ready to go immediately....no other Republican can be counted on like DeSantis to keep in place the policies and programs of King Trump.

Forum List

Back