How does "prosecutorial discretion" justify giving work permits to illegals?

Not without a sign saying so. That would be murder and you'd be more of a criminal than someone who's merely an undocumented alien.
Careful where you step in Virginia. Ask my partially-paralyzed-for-life friend who was shot for that very crime -- and charged.

They're damn lucky I wasn't the judge. I wasn't talking hillbilly justice.

SO I am trying to understand your position here. Is intent the yardstick by which we judge whether someone is a criminal or not? If I want to better my family and that involves defrauding an insurance company, do I get a pass?Or is it commonality? Many people speed so speeding is not a crime. Or many people cheat on their taxes so that isnt a crime either.I am trying to understand your argument here.
No you're not trying to understand my argument. You're throwing in red-herrings to cloud the issue. Simply crossing a border and not hurting anyone or stealing from anyone is not of the same order as those who do rob, maim and murder.
No, I am trying to understand but you make it difficult.
There are certainly legal differences between crossing a border and murder. No one got deported for murder.
But your opinion seems to be that some crimes are really OK. What crimes are OK? What are the parameters for deciding that?

No, I am trying to understand but you make it difficult.There are certainly legal differences between crossing a border and murder. No one got deported for murder. But your opinion seems to be that some crimes are really OK. What crimes are OK? What are the parameters for deciding that.
I never said some crimes are OK. That's just you putting words in my mouth. I merely objected to calling illegals criminals, as if that very status put them on a par with thieves and murderers.

I understand, though not accept, Obama's claim that he can't deport every illegal so he has to look the other way for some of these criminal invaders. But giving them permits to work here is another story entirely. That is a brazen case of the president writing laws and as such unconstitutional.
Bracero Program[edit]
The Bracero Program (1942-1964) was a temporary-worker importation agreement between the United States and Mexico. Initially created as an emergency procedure to alleviate wartime labor shortages, the 1942 program actually lasted until 1964, bringing approximately 4.5 million legal Mexican workers into the United States during its lifespan.[7]
The Bracero Program expanded during the early 1950s, admitting more than 400,000 Mexican workers for temporary employment per year until 1959 when numbers began a steady decline.[7] While illegal immigration was a concern of both the United States and Mexico, the Bracero Program was seen as a partial solution to the upsurge of undocumented worker entries.[7]
Under the program, total farm employment increased, domestic farm worker employment decreased, and the farm wage rate decreased.[1] Critics have noted widespread abuses of the program: workers had ten percent of their wages withheld for planned pensions but the money was often never repaid.[8] Workers also were de-loused with DDT at border stations and were often placed in housing conditions deemed ‘highly inadequate’ by the Farm Service Agency. [9] Other scholars who interviewed workers have highlighted some of the more positive aspects of the program, including the higher potential wages a bracero could earn in the United States.[10] Due in large part to the growing opposition by organized labor and welfare groups, the program came to an end in 1964.[7]
Guest worker program - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

you really should do a little research before you spew your shit.

Not without a sign saying so. That would be murder and you'd be more of a criminal than someone who's merely an undocumented alien.
Careful where you step in Virginia. Ask my partially-paralyzed-for-life friend who was shot for that very crime -- and charged.

No hillbillies. Real law.
real law? only in the parts of virgina that have indoor plumbing.

I understand, though not accept, Obama's claim that he can't deport every illegal so he has to look the other way for some of these criminal invaders. But giving them permits to work here is another story entirely. That is a brazen case of the president writing laws and as such unconstitutional.

Descretion

2. the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

No, I am trying to understand but you make it difficult.There are certainly legal differences between crossing a border and murder. No one got deported for murder. But your opinion seems to be that some crimes are really OK. What crimes are OK? What are the parameters for deciding that.
I never said some crimes are OK. That's just you putting words in my mouth. I merely objected to calling illegals criminals, as if that very status put them on a par with thieves and murderers.
What is a criminal? If it isnt someone who breaks the law, then what is it?

Just because they're here illegally, doesn't make them criminals. Crossing an imaginary line doesn't equate with real crimes like robbery, assault and murder.

Se how the far left drones justify backing Obama!

And the line is hardly imaginary with a big ol fence there.

Now the far left drones having any type of independent thought is imaginary.

And those illegals who are breaking into this country know they are committing a crime. Obama granting pardons only encourages more of the crime.
you'd have a point if there were any pardons granted.

funny enough, he has the right to do that - at least i think so. not sure what the limits are on pardons.

I called it as I see it. Shooting a person for coming onto a property that's not posted or fenced without determining their intention first, is hillbilly logic and has no place in a civil society.

Bracero Program[edit]
The Bracero Program (1942-1964) was a temporary-worker importation agreement between the United States and Mexico. Initially created as an emergency procedure to alleviate wartime labor shortages, the 1942 program actually lasted until 1964, bringing approximately 4.5 million legal Mexican workers into the United States during its lifespan.[7]
The Bracero Program expanded during the early 1950s, admitting more than 400,000 Mexican workers for temporary employment per year until 1959 when numbers began a steady decline.[7] While illegal immigration was a concern of both the United States and Mexico, the Bracero Program was seen as a partial solution to the upsurge of undocumented worker entries.[7]
Under the program, total farm employment increased, domestic farm worker employment decreased, and the farm wage rate decreased.[1] Critics have noted widespread abuses of the program: workers had ten percent of their wages withheld for planned pensions but the money was often never repaid.[8] Workers also were de-loused with DDT at border stations and were often placed in housing conditions deemed ‘highly inadequate’ by the Farm Service Agency. [9] Other scholars who interviewed workers have highlighted some of the more positive aspects of the program, including the higher potential wages a bracero could earn in the United States.[10] Due in large part to the growing opposition by organized labor and welfare groups, the program came to an end in 1964.[7]

Do you not understand that the Bracero Program was passed by Congress while Obama's actions are his own? If you dont grasp that distinction you dont need to be posting here.

And those illegals who are breaking into this country know they are committing a crime. Obama granting pardons only encourages more of the crime.
you'd have a point if there were any pardons granted.

funny enough, he has the right to do that - at least i think so. not sure what the limits are on pardons.
You didn't see his pardoning speech last night?

I called it as I see it. Shooting a person for coming onto a property that's not posted or fenced without determining their intention first, is hillbilly logic and has no place in a civil society.
You need to petition to have the law changed.

Bracero Program[edit]

Perhaps you should take your own words to heart. He can't just grant work permits to them willy nilly. By his own doing he has violated federal law by allowing illegal immigrants to apply for work permits here in this country, illegals who were working here illegally in the first place. This law should have been enforced, not ignored:

8 U.S. Code § 1324a

(a) Making employment of unauthorized aliens unlawful

(1) In general

It is unlawful for a person or other entity—

(A)
to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien (as defined in subsection (h)(3) of this section) with respect to such employment, or

(B)

(i)
to hire for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b) of this section or

(ii)
if the person or entity is an agricultural association, agricultural employer, or farm labor contractor (as defined in section 1802 of title 29), to hire, or to recruit or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an individual without complying with the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.

Last edited:
Just because they're here illegally, doesn't make them criminals. Crossing an imaginary line doesn't equate with real crimes like robbery, assault and murder.

Liberal immigration policy...

0.jpg

Uhm, when the very first act you commit upon entering this country is a felony, you're a criminal. Your moral equivocation shit doesn't hold water.

you'll have to examine the eo for the wording. my question would be what prohibits the permits?

It's a real simple answer to what would prohibit the permits. The new congress defunds the specific agency responsible for issuing the permits...........it's not rocket science.

Forum List

Back