'How does culture shape identity? - MSc Research.

Jovana

Rookie
Sep 8, 2014
Hey all - I'll be honest and and say I don't know much about American politics but I have joined this forum with good intentions. My name is Jovana Balanovic and I am a masters student in cross-cultural psychology at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. I am doing research on 'how culture shapes identity' - in the US, Australia and New Zealand and I would love to hear your views. I especially want to get a broad range of participants from all political/ethnic/religious backgrounds so that the research reflects a wide range of perspectives.

All you need to do to contribute is fill in this short (approx. 20mins), completely anonymous survey by clicking on this link (or copy link into browser)- Understanding how culture shapes identity -

The only criteria for participating is that you live in either in Australia, New Zealand or the US and are over 18. By the way, the link allows you to stop and return to finish the survey at a later time - so you don’t have to do it all at once.

Thanks for allowing me into your forum and I promise when I am more educated on the topics, I will contribute! (Its better than me talking about stuff I dont know haha).

Hey all - I'll be honest and and say I don't know much about American politics but I have joined this forum with good intentions. My name is Jovana Balanovic and I am a masters student in cross-cultural psychology at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. I am doing research on 'how culture shapes identity' - in the US, Australia and New Zealand and I would love to hear your views. I especially want to get a broad range of participants from all political/ethnic/religious backgrounds so that the research reflects a wide range of perspectives..

Control for biology. For ancestral population variance. Culture is laid down on a foundation of biology. Identity is also in large part shaped by heritable behavior. Read the behavioral genetics literature.

If you want an ANSWER you have to understand reality well enough to ask the proper QUESTION. Taking an extremist environmental-only position that culture (independent variable) shapes identity (dependent variable) will return gibberish as the answer.

Look at the "confederate" culture. Look how it affects Republicans today.

Look at the "confederate" culture. Look how it affects Republicans today.

Look at the communist mass murder culture and how it makes leftwing fascists today yearn for a return of Uncle Joe Stalin.

You know that when communists take over, they kill all the liberal intellectuals and build on the backs of rural conservatives. Liberals are too independent and they think. Historically, that's how it works. You know that, right?

Forum List

Back