Be nice

Huey

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2012
Earth
When walking down a street and you approach a white or Black person , say "good morning to them and wish them a good day. I know it will make them feel good cause it has happened to me lots of times in the town where I reside.Try it you wont be embarrassed.

I live in New York. People here usually don't talk to strangers. I have to say, whenever I go on a vacay, I find it refreshing to exchange pleasantries with total strangers. I just got back from the Jersey shore. The people there were so friendly.

I acknowledge everyone I come in contact with. I work in retail and greet every customer that walks near me. Being pleasant May just brighten someone's day.

I do as well. Just out of respect. I remember being in PDX (more than) a few years ago, downtown, and asking two black fellas what they were up to as we waited for the bus. 'Pimpin white girls' came the witty reply.

Ah, there's all kinds...
But a few more % here than there, seems to me.

:afro:

When walking down a street and you approach a white or Black person , say "good morning to them and wish them a good day. I know it will make them feel good cause it has happened to me lots of times in the town where I reside.Try it you wont be embarrassed.

So you're channeling Mr. Rogers now?

I'm all in favor of people going about in public in a spirit of goodwill and civility, but am not interested in engaging with everyone I see walking down the street. Context matters; and sometime people just want to be left alone to go about their business.

Last edited:
People have to be reminded to such things? Next you'll tell me most people don't take the time to learn and use their server's name in restaurants...

Bunch of heathens...

Forum List

Back