Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Untimely Passing

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Never unless it closes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
It is mostly the Coffee Shop that keeps me here--so many really special people who post there, and even those who post there rarely or not at all these days, I got to know there and remain friends. There are so many USMB 'trolls' or similar types who deliberately and predictably attempt to derail or disallow any kind of philosophical discussion that it is difficult to have one in the more popular forums. Sometimes it happens there too and I enjoy it when it does, but I have usually found other sites that don't allow so much non stop profanity and personal sniping at each other, or that don't consist of mostly canned sound bites, more satisfying for good discussions.

Such isn't my cup of tea so if USMB becomes only sound bites, repetitious slogans, and personal insults or everybody I love here leaves, I will leave. Until then, this is my board home. :)

Last edited:
... or will you be here 'til the doors close?

Do you see yourself slowly tapering off? someone drives you away? quit cold turkey?
or purposefully get banned by behaving badly?

Just look at web site reviews you can see why ppl will leave, or are thinking about leaving, or get banned.

The results surely will make it so ppl won't want to donate to a site if they constantly get harassed .

This is a great site it's just a shame some who have control really get off on their power to control people on here. They have pets who can do what other wouldn't dare get away with .

In turn the site loses money to keep going. By the looks of this month that proves their support is going down the tubes. 3 days to go for 415,00 and so far they've made 60.00 last time I noticed.

Last edited:

Do you see yourself slowly tapering off? someone drives you away? quit cold turkey?

Just look at web site reviews you can see why ppl will leave, or are thinking about leaving, or get banned.

The results surely will make it so ppl won't want to donate to a site if they constantly get harassed .

This is a great site it's just a shame some who have control really get off on their power to control people on here. They have pets who can do what other wouldn't dare get away with .

In turn the site loses money to keep going. By the looks of this month that proves their support is going down the tubes. 3 days to go for 415,00 and so far they've made 60.00 last time I noticed.
Every site is like this to some degree. I'd love to try it one day as a hobby. I did own/run a bbs back in the 90s. Loved it

It is mostly the Coffee Shop that keeps me here--so many really special people who post there, and even those who post there rarely or not at all these days, I got to know there and remain friends. There are so many USMB 'trolls' or similar types who deliberately and predictably attempt to derail or disallow any kind of philosophical discussion that it is difficult to have one in the more popular forums. Sometimes it happens there too and I enjoy it when it does, but I have usually found other sites that don't allow so much non stop profanity and personal sniping at each other, or that don't consist of mostly canned sound bites, more satisfying for good discussions.

Such isn't my cup of tea so if USMB becomes only sound bites, repetitious slogans, and personal insults or everybody I love here leaves, I will leave. Until then, this is my board home. :)

I kinda fade in and out of posting on the USMB and obviously the truly friendliest place on the USMB. the Coffee Shop. My greatest peeve around here is that Grand Ladies such as Foxfyre just don't receive the respect and courtesy they have truly earned and deserve.

Eh, I'll probably post here until I kick the bucket or the levels of grossness become unbearable and there's no fun times to be had.

There will always be jerks on any forum or message board. Everyone is here for entertainment, but, we all find different things entertaining, so...

I'll leave when I get bored

I kinda fade in and out of posting on the USMB and obviously the truly friendliest place on the USMB. the Coffee Shop. My greatest peeve around here is that Grand Ladies such as Foxfyre just don't receive the respect and courtesy they have truly earned and deserve.

Eh, I'll probably post here until I kick the bucket or the levels of grossness become unbearable and there's no fun times to be had.

I get (and give) respect to those I respect here just as you all who deserve respect do. But thanks Lumpy. There was a time I got my feelings hurt and became defensive when the idiots, trolls, and numbnuts are on the attack and probably nobody who is active here has escaped that. But these days I don't give them that power. I can scroll right over their worst and pity them for the unhappy people I believe they are.

I just need some folks who aren't the numbnuts to keep me here at USMB. Like JOSweetheart, I've never had an infraction here and will probably leave when the board closes. And that's when I will want everybody's e-mail addresses so I can find my favorite people when everybody leaves here. And then again USMB may go on long after I'm gone.

Time will tell.

I am going to pen a long-winded and whiny rant detailing the reasons for my departure in a lame attempt to get people to beg me to stay.

I am going to pen a long-winded and whiny rant detailing the reasons for my departure in a lame attempt to get people to beg me to stay.
I certainly do not believe that!

There will always be jerks on any forum or message board. Everyone is here for entertainment, but, we all find different things entertaining, so...

I leave when I notice my posts show more anger than fun or reason and bored works as well.

Last edited:

I never get bored.

Neither do I because when it gets major stupid and there's nobody interesting around here, there's just lots and lots of other more interesting stuff to do.

As long as I can still get under certain individuals thin skins, I will remain.
It's better than Angry Birds.

On My shield, with a thousand liberal heads piled all about Me as a tribute to their inferiority!

:bow3::bow3::bow3::bow3::bow3::bow3::biggrin:

When you say ultimately passing do you mean I died? I hope you all just never hear from me again. I don't want to be that guy who brings everyone down because I'm dying

Forum List

Back