Zone1 How do you define masculine? How do you define feminine?

So, you cannot answer either.

This thread was my idea. Gator said that if you gave 100 people the question of defining what is masculine and feminine, you'd get 98 different answers! So I challenged you to run a poll and test your theory and instead, you created this bogus thread because you are apparently too lazy or dimwitted to define them yourself on a reasonable scale so that people could look at the poll and see graphically whether most people AGREE with the same idea of masculinity and femininity or DON'T. So instead, you haven't gotten ANY definitions of the sexes!

This thread was my idea. Gator said that if you gave 100 people the question of defining what is masculine and feminine, you'd get 98 different answers! So I challenged you to run a poll and test your theory and instead, you created this bogus thread because you are apparently too lazy or dimwitted to define them yourself on a reasonable scale so that people could look at the poll and see graphically whether most people AGREE with the same idea of masculinity and femininity or DON'T. So instead, you haven't gotten ANY definitions of the sexes!

To get 98 different answers from a poll you would have to have at least 100 choices.

Would be impossible to create such a poll on this forum.

To get 98 different answers from a poll you would have to have at least 100 choices. Would be impossible to create such a poll on this forum.

Look, Golfer, first of all, you don't need 100 choices to get 98 different answers, and if you knew anything about polling or your original claim, you'd know that you don't have to actually LIST 98 different definitions to prove or disprove your claim.

The point of the claim (and presumably this thread) was showing whether most people AGREE or DISAGREE with traditional definitions of sexuality, not whether they come up with 98, 198, or 18 different definitions! If you can't even define the QUESTION, how can you possibly understand the answer?

In a different thread I put forth that masculine and feminine have a multitude of definitions depending upon who you are talking to.

So, if you were asked what made one masculine and what made one feminine, how would you answer the question.

Thanks in advance.
males that vote republican tend to be more masculine .... males that vote democrat tend to be more feminine.

Last edited:
In a different thread I put forth that masculine and feminine have a multitude of definitions depending upon who you are talking to.

So, if you were asked what made one masculine and what made one feminine, how would you answer the question.

Thanks in advance.
Masculine traits: Stoicism, independence, disagreeableness, assertiveness, aggressive, risk-taking, objective, solutions-based, boisterous, competitive, protective, cold logic

Feminine traits: collective, agreeable, subjective, avoids risk, modest, warm feelings-based/empathetic, nurturing, seeks approval

That’s what I got off the top of my head. Both are absolutely great and necessary in their own way.

A woman has X chromosomes (XX) and a man has one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (XY).

Not sure how that helps the discussion.
If you have XY, you’re far more likely to naturally exhibit masculine traits, and likewise for XX and feminine traits.

They cannot be separated because the genetics heavily influences the behavior. Only large scale contagions can attempt to undo this biology, but it usually causes unhappiness, as we’re seeing how unhappy women are via polling as they’ve been encouraged to be more masculine by 3rd wave feminism

Forum List

Back