Zone1 How do you define masculine? How do you define feminine?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
In a different thread I put forth that masculine and feminine have a multitude of definitions depending upon who you are talking to.

So, if you were asked what made one masculine and what made one feminine, how would you answer the question.

Thanks in advance.

In a different thread I put forth that masculine and feminine have a multitude of definitions depending upon who you are talking to.

So, if you were asked what made one masculine and what made one feminine, how would you answer the question.

Thanks in advance.

You opened the thread, YOU define the difference.

Thanks in advance.

How can you define masculine or feminine when you can't even define male or female?

The better question is – why should it matter.

Answer: it doesn’t.

What might be perceived to be masculine or feminine is irrelevant.

Individuals are far much more than their attributes.

The better question is – why should it matter.

Answer: it doesn’t.

What might be perceived to be masculine or feminine is irrelevant.

Individuals are far much more than their attributes.
If it doesn't matter then why do we spend so much time talking about it?

Exactly my point .. they highlight characteristics commonly aligned with sex, and not exclusively to sex. An alpha female can be very masculine, while a beta male can be very effeminate.

I agree. Which is why in the thread that got me to start this one I said there were endless variations of masculine and feminine and everyone has their own view of what makes each.

For example , some people did not find Ronda Rousey to be feminine due to her fighting, some people did.

Thanks in advance.
It's not that difficult or complicated.
And there certainly isn't a "multitude of definitions". There are a multitude of opinions, many of them wrong.
Males and females do practically everything different under the same circumstances.
A man and a woman goes to a large event - the woman looks around, takes in the scenery or the building it is in. Noticing all kinds of things in the surroundings. And commenting on them.
The man is looking at nothing but where they are supposed to go, that is the task at hand, and that is the priority for the male. Once the two are settled in, and they know where they are supposed to be - then the man might look around.
The woman thinks he doesn't care about the scenery, which is wrong. He does, but not till the task is finished.

That is just one sliver of an example of the many differences between the two sexes.
Behaviorally, we have little in common. But the differences are important, and work well in most circumstances.

It's not that difficult or complicated.
And there certainly isn't a "multitude of definitions". There are a multitude of opinions, many of them wrong.
Males and females do practically everything different under the same circumstances.
A man and a woman goes to a large event - the woman looks around, takes in the scenery or the building it is in. Noticing all kinds of things in the surroundings. And commenting on them.
The man is looking at nothing but where they are supposed to go, that is the task at hand, and that is the priority for the male. Once the two are settled in, and they know where they are supposed to be - then the man might look around.
The woman thinks he doesn't care about the scenery, which is wrong. He does, but not till the task is finished.

That is just one sliver of an example of the many differences between the two sexes.
Behaviorally, we have little in common. But the differences are important, and work well in most circumstances.

That does not even come close to answering the question.

One man's opinion of what he does when he goes out.

That does not even come close to answering the question.

One man's opinion of what he does when he goes out.
Well it is a pretty big question isn't it?
I gave you an example of male and female behavior in the same circumstance.
As the writer of the book "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus" wrote - Men see the world through a telescope, women a pair of wide angle lens".
An intelligent person can understand a lot by those few words. They don't need a 20 page dissertation.
Males are typically task oriented, women are typically detail oriented.
By design. Those two different ways of thinking work together.
Men are simpler, women are far more complex.
In a family, the man is the pillar, security and order. Especially order.
The woman is comfort, empathy and emotion.

Forum List

Back