How Coronavirus Raced Through Quarantined Cruise Ship.

Agree or Disagree. Coronavirus in New York Apartments is being spread through the ventilation system

• Total voters
So using your numbers this is not that infectious
No, because you don't know how many were exposed, nor to how much of the virus each person was exposed.
Um you might have noticed that the op was stating that the virus was traveling through the ventilation system on the ship. Assuming that the ship has at least a decent system and some on the ship were not suffering to a bad design then the exposure would be the same for all.
The op did not take into account other variables so I did not take them into account in my reply

Um you might have noticed that the op was stating that the virus was traveling through the ventilation system on the ship.
Which does not tell us evey passenger was exposed to it at all, much less in the numbers one would expect to get infected.

So using your numbers this is not that infectious
No, because you don't know how many were exposed, nor to how much of the virus each person was exposed.
Um you might have noticed that the op was stating that the virus was traveling through the ventilation system on the ship. Assuming that the ship has at least a decent system and some on the ship were not suffering to a bad design then the exposure would be the same for all.
The op did not take into account other variables so I did not take them into account in my reply
And I would state that there are different ac systems and ships for different part of the ship.......One ventilation system that is forward would not send air to one that is aft.........or Bow to Stern if you like.

A stand by my opinion..........I think it moves by air .........through vents.......I served on 3 U.S. Navy ships......How about you?

The 1,000-bed floating hospitals are set to dock in New York and Los Angeles in the coming weeks. Chen told Business Insider that the two ships' air circulation systems are equipped to trap and eliminate virus particles, which didn't happen on the Diamond Princess.

Cruise ship cabins are vented with a mix of safe outdoor air and questionable indoor air. "You do get the fresh air from the sea," says Chen. That ocean breeze should be free of the coronavirus. But "part of the air supplied to each room is returned back to the air conditioning system." According to Chen, the danger lies in recirculation.

Each time the air circulates, it flies through a coarse filter that snags particles larger that 5,000 nanometers — that's about the size of your red blood cells. But Chen says the coronavirus is likely dozens of times smaller, rendering the filter an open door rather than a blockade. "Those small particles that might contain the coronavirus are returned to the cabins," says Chen. So the coronavirus could have spread between rooms, even if everyone followed the quarantine guidelines.

In the end, one in five (19.2 percent) Diamond Princess passengers tested positive for COVID-19. The high infection rate raises questions about the safety of using ships to expand hospital capacity as the US caseload surges.

Milton, who studies the spread of virus particles in the air, said recirculating air on a cruise ship’s ventilation system, along with people living in close quarters and in communal settings, make the vessels vulnerable to the spread of infection.

“You’re going to amplify the infection by keeping people on the boat,” he said.

A Purdue University air quality expert said cruise ship air conditioning systems are not designed to filter out particles as small as the coronavirus.

And neither are the High Rises in places like New York. Which is and has been my point for a good while now.

Called the Prison ship. They were basically locked into their rooms.......So how else did the virus spread......... bump

Because Trump took this serious from the start the dems felt they had to oppose him so they went to the microphone and told everyone it wasn't contagious from human to human and they should go to the Chinese new years parade and hug a corona man errrr a China man....all to try and show up Trump....that is what happened in NY....plus they share transportation!!!!! that alone will cause this virus to spread like wildfire...

What about being asymptomatic spreading the virus. Is that possible?
I would say yes.........They still carry and can still infect others.......they just don't get hit hard by the virus like others. This stuff hits people different ways.

That's the part that's very odd. Doesn't affect most but then affects people with chronic, underlying problems differently.

Bumping threads?

Thanks for the reminder that Trump kept those people on that ship until virtually everyone was exposed to the virus and then failed to quarantine all of them when he allowed the ship into port

So using your numbers this is not that infectious.
Only a small percentage of those exposed contracted the virus.
IF it is spread through ventilation ducts only a small percentage needs to worry about being exposed. then considering the death rate on te ship. That number is actually a small percentage of those who actually contracted the virus.
So why the fear mongering?
Perhaps it is also due to the degree of contamination? we don't know much, nobody say exactly what's going on and the research has been contradictory from the start.

Bumping threads?

Thanks for the reminder that Trump kept those people on that ship until virtually everyone was exposed to the virus and then failed to quarantine all of them when he allowed the ship into port
I bumped for Dalia only............as there was information here pertaining to her thread.

I bumped for Dalia only............as there was information here pertaining to her thread.
Well in any regard

Well in any regard

lol

Everything is Trump to you............and this thread shows a long time ago I showed how it can travel through air.......and why..........The Cruise ship was a lab experiment in a controlled environment...........This being when your side was having HUG A CHINA MAN CRUSADE..........LOL

Forum List

Back