How Cold Is It?

Rather brisk in Bangor

This evening's forecast...low -17.

Winds light and variable.

That sucks, but bet we catch you. Problem with 'Chicago temps', O'hare is under 'lake effect', keeps them warmer in winter and cooler in summer. I'm over 40 miles from lake, our temps are consistently 10-12 degrees colder than suburbs closer in. This morning, -23F. Damn!

once it's under 20, the wind chill doesn't mean anything, IMO.
i just like to whine.:lol:

yea and with the darkness coming its gonna get a lot damned colder..too....
but we have wood heat...so what the hell...i have made it through minus 37...i can do this

yea and with the darkness coming its gonna get a lot damned colder..too....
but we have wood heat...so what the hell...i have made it through minus 37...i can do this

it's only supposed to last a couple of days. i've been way colder, but i was way younger, too. hadn't broken so many moving parts. :lol:

it's only supposed to last a couple of days. i've been way colder, but i was way younger, too. hadn't broken so many moving parts. :lol:

I used to love winter, not so much any more. Those gymnastic injuries have come to set in, egads!

Oh well, by Sunday it's supposed to be in 20's, I think we'll grill on the Weber!

c'est trops froid. vous ete fucked.

:lol:

Going to be 3 degrees here tomorrow morning in Rhode Island. The wind chill I assume if going along with the current rate will be -12/-14.

And school of course as far as right now goes.

They already cancelled school for tomorrow, both my daughter's district and mine! :clap2:

I have a big ole blanket wrapped around me, warm socks and comfy pj's-it's nice to be warm inside............lucky me, lucky us.

wow, the temp just dropped down here

it's like 65

Time to get the jacket lol

man sometimes living down here has its advnatges...nyc is fuckin freezing right now

I am reminded of an article in an old farmers journal when electricity was being promoted for the rural areas. One night a farmer left his kerosene lamp lit on the kitchen table. During the night there was such a cold snap that when morning came the farmer went downstairs and found the lamp still lit in the kitchen so he went to blow it out and found that the flame was frozen solid so he broke it off and threw it out back in the woodshed and during the day it thawed out and burnt his woodshed down. Such were the dangers of the kerosene lamp.

wow, the temp just dropped down here

it's like 65

Time to get the jacket lol

man sometimes living down here has its advnatges...nyc is fuckin freezing right now

Andrew, you're pushing some folks with very short and frozen fuses! :lol:

Since we live all over the country, even the world, I wondered what the temp today is in your neck of the woods.

5 Below Zero here in the lovely state of Indiana at 9:50 est.

-10 where i am at in maine....at this rate it;ll be -20 by 5am!!! :eek:

I was in vermont to ski once when it hit -14, if it hits -20 here, that'll be a new record for me!!!

Forum List

Back