How Cold Is It?

Yes, that finger to winter. As for 'winter', get over it, easier from TX than here right now.

Looks like we're one of a handful of schools that didn't close. :doubt: Wah! :lol: Going up to 5F they say, which will feel good.

ok Kath--you can be in the most misery----everyone else can just 'get over it'. :lol:

All I have to say is:

USNY0176

At 4:15 am, Yahoo gave O'Hare temp at -22F. I'm 30 miles west of there, my thermometer reads -33. I hate, hate cold!

Never mind the cold, what the heck are you doing up at 4:15 am girl?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Remember to vote!

I'm aiming for a 5 Star Thread on this one too!

Ah, here I sit in my jammies drinking my coffee......I hope you all are doing the same. (Well, not drinking my coffee, but your own-though I would make some more for you if you all were here, hope you like your coffee STRONG!)

Mostly always am. Get up between 3:30-4. LOL!

I remember back in my 20's when I was waiting tables, then we would all go out to have some drinks and play pool, then to someone's house to play cards, getting HOME at that time!

What time do you go to bed if you get up that early?

I remember back in my 20's when I was waiting tables, then we would all go out to have some drinks and play pool, then to someone's house to play cards, getting HOME at that time!

What time do you go to bed if you get up that early?

Usually between 8:30-9, sometimes 10.

hey, it could be worse.

you could be in bucksport, right?

heh!

Bucksport is the cutest town ever! It's the biggest town near us.... Sure, it has a papermill on the Penobscot there, but it is a really nice looking modern mill that releases no "bad stuff" and has received awards for being the greenest, cleanest papermill in the Nation! :)

But the town, is cute as a button! MUCH, MUCH, MUCH nicer than Bangor!

Here's my view from the Family Dollar store and Curves in Bucksport....you can't beat it, as far as beauty imo!

DSCF8729.jpg

Here is a pic looking at the Penobscot Bridge crossing over in to Bucksport, you can see the smoke stack of the Papermill (LIFELINE of the community), in the background to the left, behind the Bridge...

The area is BEAUTIFUL, DAMIT! :lol:

DSCF8762.jpg

Here is a pic of the town center, on the Penobscot River/Bay....I am on the new Penobscot Bridge that had it's opening when i first moved here in 2007, the old bridge is in the backround and in the distance is the town with steeples and very old buildings from the early 1700's, with a walk and shops put in recently conecting all the main street shops on the river side, with rose bushes galore!

BUCKSPORT IS NOT UGLY, DEL AND EDITECH! :D

DSCF7321.jpg

On another note!

It is -17 here, I am freezing my buns off, the upstair's bath's pipes are frozen, no water will come out in the bath, nor the sink....i have been using the hair blower on the pipes for the sink and just begun to see a dripping of water coming out.... tried heat blowing the tub and NOTHING....

ALL NIGHT heard big bangs and pops, like the wood holding up the house was cracking in half...alful noise, kept me awake for a while waiting for the house to fall on us from breaking or something....it is still holding up this morning sooooo i don't know what the hell those noises were last night?

I have not even CONSIDERED going outside to see if i can see something wrong with the structure? :eek:

I have run out of firewood and no one in the community has anything but green wood to deliver....my oil bill for 3 months was $550.....

So, although it may "look like" paradise here in the summah pics, the winters are hell frozen over!

care

once you get water flowing in the sink, the tub might come back.
frozen pipes suck. my house is 200 yo and the pipes are on the north wall. i always have to leave them dripping at night when it gets below 5 or 10 degrees.

Well...admittedly it isn't as ugly as Millinocket, Brewer or Dover-Foxcraft, but if the towns of Maine went to a school dance, Bucksport would be sitting there all night in the bleachers with the rest of the mill towns hoping that somebody would take pity on it.

Bucksport is SO ugly, that the state of Maine Build Fort Knox just to keep it from migrating off theDownEast and scaring the lumberjacks, Care.

Well...admittedly it isn't as ugly as Millinocket, Brewer or Dover-Foxcraft, but if the towns of Maine went to a school dance, Bucksport would be sitting there all night in the bleachers with the rest of the mill towns hoping that somebody would take pity on it.

Bucksport is SO ugly, that the state of Maine Build Fort Knox just to keep it from migrating off theDownEast and scaring the lumberjacks, Care.

Just simply NOT TRUE Ed, at least NOT NOW, the town went under a major project to beautify it....they put a walkway down by the river that connects the main street shops, all the shops on maine street were refurbished and they show the characteristics of the 1700 and 1800's all freshly painted, with flower boxes filled with pansies and gladiolas and a nuber of beautiful flowers, down by the river they planted all kinds of flowers and tons of local beach rose bushes....they fixed up their dock areas and some bigger, medium size cruise companies are docking there for dinner cruises up the penobscot and down in to the bay....

The new penobscot narrows bridge replaced the unsafe, old rickety rackety bridge that was there....and the Narrows has an observation tower...

It looks out on to the beautiful fort knox across the way...

Major fish and wildlife projects going on to revitalize the Salmon runs and Alewives by shutting some dams that are up the river...

The Bucksport of the PAST may have been ugly, but the NEW and revitalized Bucksport IS NOT imo! I love going in to Bucksport, shop owners and restaurant owners are nice and friendly! :)

okay, the upstairs fronzen sink faucets are working now, but the tub is still frozen, can't even turn the knob to the shower....STUCK.....so i have put the portable heater in the bathroom and shut the door....hopefully it will reach a hundred degrees in there and melt the sucker....the laundry water, which backs up to the tub, is frozen too, no water coming out. My other 2 baths are fine, water flowing freely, and also the kitchen water is flowing too....just the upstairs bath and laundry.... :( keeping my fingers crossed that the space heater works....

Forum List

Back