How CO2 affects the Jet Stream.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
The recent heat wave is the result of the Jet Stream pulling heat up from the south.

Can any of the Warmers point us to a chart, diorama, or tree ring that show how this works? I'm not clear on the mechanics of it.

Thank you

National Heat Wave Continues Through June | LiveScience

"The intense heat that kicked off the summer of 2012 is the result of a "blocking" pattern that has caused the jet stream, a band of high-altitude westerly winds, to trap heat above the Midwest and Southeast, Jeff Weber, a scientist with the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., told OurAmazingPlanet earlier this month. "

Too many SUV's running their Air Conditioners I'd suspect.:D

With the recent Obama prices on gas they should be appreciating it. If it wasn't for Obama they would still be trying to sell those fucking things like they were under Bush.

The recent heat wave is the result of the Jet Stream pulling heat up from the south.

Can any of the Warmers point us to a chart, diorama, or tree ring that show how this works? I'm not clear on the mechanics of it.

Thank you

"The intense heat that kicked off the summer of 2012 is the result of a "blocking" pattern that has caused the jet stream, a band of high-altitude westerly winds, to trap heat above the Midwest and Southeast, Jeff Weber, a scientist with the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo., told OurAmazingPlanet earlier this month. "

the high pessure associated with the heat wave creates a dome of hot air. Stiffling wind and cloud devolpment.

Thank you

the high pessure associated with the heat wave creates a dome of hot air. Stiffling wind and cloud devolpment.

Jet Stream > Kook AGW.

That's science

Well, the jet stream is formed from temperature differences from the equator to the poles(temperature difference have diffferent densities within their pressure). As you weaken that temperature difference the jet stream naturally moves towards the poles...This is why the jet stream is further south in the winter and north during the summer.

The rotation of our planet deflects the winds to the right. We have air rising at the equator, air falling within the hadley cells of 20-35 north with an area of rising air at 45-60 north(polar jet)(Pressure gradient force, high pressure(air pressure sinking) to low pressure(rising air cooling to dew point).

Last edited:

With the recent Obama prices on gas they should be appreciating it. If it wasn't for Obama they would still be trying to sell those fucking things like they were under Bush.

Gas prices were at about $1.80 when Obama took office, they are at $3.65 here today... Remind me again how I am supposed to thank Obama for that.

Gas prices were at about $1.80 when Obama took office, they are at $3.65 here today... Remind me again how I am supposed to thank Obama for that.

It seems to me you weren't alive, when gas prices were $1.80.

FLASHBACK: Fox News On Gas Prices In 2008 | Blog | Media Matters for America

Following GOP strategy, Fox News is again blaming the Obama administration for rising gasoline prices -- a claim that has been repeatedly debunked by energy analysts. But back in the summer of 2008, when the average U.S. gasoline price hit a record high of $4.11, Fox said that "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices."

Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

ch.gaschart

Watch the Rise of Gasoline Retail Prices, 1993 – 2008

tableau-gas-530x578.png

Hey! DDD tjvadgehole! See 2004, on the graph? WAS THAT GW BUSH YEAR FOUR, OR WHAT? GAS WAS $1.80 per gallon, never again.

Forum List

Back