How classy is this????

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I take a check from an uncle estate who had died and left an inheritence.

Upon presenting the bank teller with a check - makes a remark like "too bad somebody has to die."

I m like aghast and made a remark like "It happens"

Upon presenting the bank teller with a check - makes a remark like "too bad somebody has to die."

I would have asked to speak to the Branch Manager. Then unceremoniously closed my accounts.
Classless dolts lose my business.

Who gives a fucking shit?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I know how you feel, Ginscpy.

Last week I went to McDonald's after my dog, Spuds, passed away; and some snotty high-school-aged bitch asked if I wanted fries.

I don't get the outrage.

FRIES, Ravi! FRIES! My dog's name was "Spuds", for Christ's sake!

Have some compassion, Man...
No, seriously, what was wrong with what was said? If the teller had said, oh, sweet, you profited off of someone dying I could understand it.

:confused:

Oh, honestly, you don't think it was a fucked up thing to say just on general principles? Bank tellers are woefully underpaid, but that's the banking industries fault. Still, there should be some universal standards, such as NOT insulting a depositor with some offhand and potentially (or blatantly) offensive remark such as the one made there.

What if it were made to someone you DID like?

No, seriously, what was wrong with what was said? If the teller had said, oh, sweet, you profited off of someone dying I could understand it.

Oh, honestly, you don't think it was a fucked up thing to say just on general principles? Bank tellers are woefully underpaid, but that's the banking industries fault. Still, there should be some universal standards, such as NOT insulting a depositor with some offhand and potentially (or blatantly) offensive remark such as the one made there.

What if it were made to someone you DID like?
I really don't see it. How did the teller even know what the check was for? It sounded more like an awkward expression of regret, imo.

I don't get the outrage.

In order to have even said that, skippy would have had to have told the teller why he got the check in the first place. So I too do not see why he got outraged by her expressing sympathy for his uncle's death.

If he didn't want her to answer like that, he should not have told her about the reason for the check in the first place.

In order to have even said that, skippy would have had to have told the teller why he got the check in the first place. So I too do not see why he got outraged by her expressing sympathy for his uncle's death.

If he didn't want her to answer like that, he should not have told her about the reason for the check in the first place.
Thank you!

I remember when I went to the bank after my father died with my mother and she deposited a check from his account (to close it out) to hers....the teller said, oh, look a nice windfall.

Now that was potentially upsetting but not being a vindictive twit, my mother didn't get upset.

When my much better half got her inheritance from her mother, nobody asked why she got the check.

And that check was a really nice walk into 7 figures.

So skippy must have volunteered the information to the teller.

maybe if you would not go to the bank all "drunked" up......things may have been more pleasant....

Forum List

Back