How can you combine Troop increase with a Exit strategy?! Obama capitulates again.!

I ask you all, how in the hell do you combine a troop increase with an exit strategy?
President Obama has done this before with the Iraq campaign. There is no logic in President Obama going to West Point, to give a speech about a major troop increase, and then also to discuss an exit strategy.

This exit strategy is just what the Taliban wants to hear. This will only embolden the Taliban, and put our troops in greater danger.
American forces have not won the war in Afghanistan, so why even discuss an exit strategy now?. This sends the wrong message to the Taliban Terrorist, and other Terrorists throughout the world.
This Obama strategy may backfire on U.S. Army forces now in Afghanistan.

This out right capitulation by our President makes America looks weak to the rest of the world.

President Obama has it all wrong.

If I were the Tliban I would just sit back, relax put the withdrawal date on the calender and move in when the U.S moves out.

I think the Taliban are happy you're not their leader. They don't survive by sitting back and relaxing you fucking moron.

The exit strategy is a message to the Afghanistan citizens too get their butts in gear and their act together because we are not going to spend an indefinite time protecting them, risking American lives while they do nothing.

We are not going to nation build. They need to build and protect their own nation.

The exit strategy is a key and important part of the strategy.

Obama gave us plenty of flexibility by also saying the action on the ground will dictate final strategy.

I think the message last night was that we don't intend to prop up forever the Afghanistan government, or the tribal people who will never be a part of any unified central government. This is a quick surge, a last-ditch proposition to help hold back the militant Taliban, train Afghans to fight their own battles, and if they're still not uninterested, then the U.S. will be leaving. Nine years will be long enough to 'dither' in a rogue country which doesn't want nor appreciate our help.

I agree

It's a Surge that really isn't a Surge. If you're leaving by 2011,why send 30,000 more kids over there to be killed and maimed? What will they be dying for? The Afghan Warlords will now simply solidify their ties with Al Qaeda and the Taliban and just wait for the Americans to leave in 2011. Al Qaeda and the Taliban will be there long after America is gone so they know it's better to join forces with them. This was just a Half-Measure designed to please both the Military and his Left Wing followers. In the end it will please no one though. 30,000 more kids sent to the Slaughter House for nothing. What a shame.

What do you think D-Day was all about? It was the final push to end the war with Germany. Tens of thousands lost their lives that day, which was a known known beforehand. Our kids who volunteer today also know they might die on the battlefield. That part of your argument is moot.

ya.....we gave ike 3/4 of what he asked for and told him he would get most of it in 6 months and in 18 months we were withdrawing.....and we announced it on national tv so the germans were up to speed....

ya it is just like d-day....

and yet, Petraeus is fully supportive of Obama's decision and thinks it is the right one. Are you suggesting that he is a LIAR?

I ask you all, how in the hell do you combine a troop increase with an exit strategy?
President Obama has done this before with the Iraq campaign. There is no logic in President Obama going to West Point, to give a speech about a major troop increase, and then also to discuss an exit strategy.

This exit strategy is just what the Taliban wants to hear. This will only embolden the Taliban, and put our troops in greater danger.
American forces have not won the war in Afghanistan, so why even discuss an exit strategy now?. This sends the wrong message to the Taliban Terrorist, and other Terrorists throughout the world.
This Obama strategy may backfire on U.S. Army forces now in Afghanistan.

This out right capitulation by our President makes America looks weak to the rest of the world.

President Obama has it all wrong.

If I were the Tliban I would just sit back, relax put the withdrawal date on the calender and move in when the U.S moves out.

Actually, during the hearing yesterday when pressed by McCain, Secretary Gates made an excellent point about the Taliban just waiting us out. He said [paraphrasing], "Fine, let them go into hiding. That means they won't be attacking our troops anymore...it will give us plenty of time, then, to train up the Afghans to fight, just as planned. Then, by the time The Taliban realizes what's happened, there will not only be 100,000 American and NATO troops to take them on, but another 100,000[?] Afghan troops as well."

Al Qaeda and the Taliban will not go into hiding. 2011 will come quick and they both know that. They will now simply kill and maim as many American kids as possible before the Americans high-tail it out of there in 2011. Al Qaeda and the Taliban have won. They will be there long after the Americans are gone. Afghan Warlords will now have to solidify their close ties with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. It would be wise for them to get along with them both once the Americans are gone in 2011. Sending 30,000 more kids over there to be killed and maimed just seems so unnecessary. How sad.

Al Qaeda and the Taliban will not go into hiding. 2011 will come quick and they both know that. They will now simply kill and maim as many American kids as possible before the Americans high-tail it out of there in 2011. Al Qaeda and the Taliban have won. They will be there long after the Americans are gone. Afghan Warlords will now have to solidify their close ties with Al Qaeda and the Taliban. It would be wise for them to get along with them both once the Americans are gone in 2011. Sending 30,000 more kids over there to be killed and maimed just seems so unnecessary. How sad.

Gosh, I guess Secretary Gates has some competition for his job, since you appear to know more than he does...

Attention martyrs of Islam. Limited time offer on an oppportunity to jihad. July 2011 expiration date. Avoid the last minute rush.

It's been sad for 8 years, from the very beginning!!! War is always sad, and this war is no exception. It didn't just become sad when Obama took over the presidency.

I will be interested to see how Obama's numbers jump with the war decision. Averaging 35% on the Afghanistan War approval poll just a day before the speech. I doubt he had anywhere to go but up.

What about the war on Poverty and unemployment in America?.What kind of strategy will we have to battle Poverty and umemployment.

Forum List

Back