How can you combine Troop increase with a Exit strategy?! Obama capitulates again.!

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I ask you all, how in the hell do you combine a troop increase with an exit strategy?
President Obama has done this before with the Iraq campaign. There is no logic in President Obama going to West Point, to give a speech about a major troop increase, and then also to discuss an exit strategy.

This exit strategy is just what the Taliban wants to hear. This will only embolden the Taliban, and put our troops in greater danger.
American forces have not won the war in Afghanistan, so why even discuss an exit strategy now?. This sends the wrong message to the Taliban Terrorist, and other Terrorists throughout the world.
This Obama strategy may backfire on U.S. Army forces now in Afghanistan.

This out right capitulation by our President makes America looks weak to the rest of the world.

President Obama has it all wrong.

Last edited:
An exit strategy should have been part of the first deployment plan. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Ideally, you go in with a specific plan of what you hope to achieve in quantifiable objectives, a plan and a timetable of how to achieve the goals, and a plan for bringing people back home when the objectives are met.

But we should be bringing everyone home ASAP - not sending more imho.

Its called an exit strategy. I know you righty's have no clue what that is and haven't heard about one in the last eight years...but this president actually thought about it.

I cant fucking believe you righty's are actually bitching about an exit plan. You people are amazing. hacks.

Last edited:
I ask you all, how in the hell do you combine a troop increase with an exit strategy?President Obama has done this before with the Iraq campaign. There is no logic in President Obama going to West Point, to give a speech about a major troop increase, and then also to discuss an exit strategy.

This exit strategy is just what the Taliban wants to hear. This will only embolden the Taliban, and put our troops in greater danger.
American forces have not won the war in Afghanistan, so why even discuss an exit strategy now?. This sends the wrong message to the Taliban Terrorist, and other Terrorists throughout the world.
This Obama strategy may backfire on U.S. Army forces now in Afghanistan.

This out right capitulation by our President makes America looks weak to the rest of the world.

President Obama has it all wrong.

Please tell me you didn't REALLY mean to ask the question in your first sentence. If you did, then you are too stupid to understand anything about military and/or strategy, so attempting to explain it to you would be a waste of everyone's time...

An exit strategy should have been part of the first deployment plan. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Ideally, you go in with a specific plan of what you hope to achieve in quantifiable objectives, a plan and a timetable of how to achieve the goals, and a plan for bringing people back home when the objectives are met.

Yes, I understand your point, but is this not something that is kept classified with U.S. Army generals?, should a President and other politicians be discussing this in public, and
with the news media?, does this exit strategy not embolden, and or help our enemy?.

Um, because it doesn't work.

Its called an exit strategy. I know you righty's have no clue what that is and haven't heard about one in the last eight years...but this president actually thought about it.

I cant fucking believe you righty's are actually bitching about an exit plan. You people are amazing. hacks.

What's our exit strategy from the War on poverty? Or Germany? or Korea?

Libs are such nOObs

Last edited:

Yes, I understand your point, but is this not something that is kept classified with U.S. Army generals?, should a President and other politicians be discussing this in public, and
with the news media?, does this exit strategy not embolden, and or help our enemy?

All I can say is "wow".....just "wow"....:cuckoo:

hey taliban and al queada.....we are sending 30K more troops but will have all them out in 3 years....regardless, that is our exit strategy, so please don't hide out for 3 years and wait for us to leave, attack us now so we can go home in 3 years

with the news media?, does this exit strategy not embolden, and or help our enemy?

All I can say is "wow".....just "wow"....:cuckoo:

What the hell do you mean "Wow". Did you read what I posted. This exit capitulation strategy will only embolden the Taliban.
Either we go in to win without any talk of an exit strategy, or we should not send any more troops to Afghanistan, and pull the ones that are there out now.

That's nothing---he can increase troop strength, announce an exit strategy and pick up his "peace prize" all at the same time.

If you fight a war, the 'exit strategy' should be to win it, anything else is stupid.

Even if it takes a hundred years, righty McXenophon?
It appears you have me confused with someone else.

I'm against YOU AND YOUR WARS.

I always have been, you fucking warmongers will kill our guys if your party tells you its a 'good war' and you bitch and whine and say the other party's wars suck.

Bad news jack, YOU AND THEM are the same, you are both war mongers, and niether of your wars should ever have been fought.

So play your little partisan game with someone else.

If you fight a war, the 'exit strategy' should be to win it, anything else is stupid.

Even if it takes a hundred years, righty McXenophon?
It appears you have me confused with someone else.

I'm against YOU AND YOUR WARS.

I always have been, you fucking warmongers will kill our guys if your party tells you its a 'good war' and you bitch and whine and say the other party's wars suck.

Bad news jack, YOU AND THEM are the same, you are both war mongers, and niether of your wars should ever have been fought.

So play your little partisan game with someone else.

INteresting. Did you vote for mccain? I mean speaking of war mongers. You do realize the republicans dont want an exit strategy. They want us to go to war indefinitely. Just go in there and 'win' this unwinnable war. Only idiots say things like that.

Agree?

The exit strategy should be to start leaving Afghanistan immediately.

Thats what we better do now, leave immediately.

I mean after all, if you have a strategy to leave, why wait, at the cost of good people
being maimed and killed?! families losing loved ones, come on give me a break will you!>
Lets get our troops out now.! Just tell President Obama to capitulate now , not later!

Yes, great idea Repugs! Let's just keep our troops in harms way for another 5 years with no clear exit strategy in place and spend hundreds of billions more on a war that's going to solve absolutely nothing. Whooo hoo! Didn't we learn in Korea that we need an exit strategy BEFORE we go in?

hey taliban and al queada.....we are sending 30K more troops but will have all them out in 3 years....regardless, that is our exit strategy, so please don't hide out for 3 years and wait for us to leave, attack us now so we can go home in 3 years

Do you think they are still in Afghanistan? They aren't even there...they are in Pakistan...you do know this righty?

We are not at war with the afghan government...really there is no 'win' in this war. We should not be there. We had the chance to do something about the them 8 years ago, but we went to war with Iraq for wmd's. remember?

Forum List

Back