how can the world’s richest country let children go hungry?

it's easy. Republicans only care about children until they're born. They completely lose interest shortly thereafter.

it's easy. Republicans only care about children until they're born. They completely lose interest shortly thereafter.

I guess you dont quite have a grasp on who is the worlds richest country. Do give my respects to the Sultan of Dubai next time you are there.

It truly is amazing; the stupidity of some people......... Yes you know who I'm talking about.

But on a side note I was at the grocery store the other day and had to stop one of the managers to ask them....... How in the world is it that we are getting tomatoes from Canada in January?

The following are relevant...

The World Is Fat: Obesity Now Outweighs Hunger WorldWide ...

Two-thirds of adults in the United States are either overweight or obese. ..... (more than 8% with hunger) and nearly one-fifth of those children were overweight. ... buddies—that could lead to social isolation, which could make things worse. ---from Childhood Obesity | Nursing Continuing Education (CE) Course| NursingCEU.com | Wild Iris Medical Education

"...offsetting the health gains from the modest decline in hunger. ... obesity cost the United States 12 percent of the national health care budget in the late... " from http://www.brookdalecc.edu/PDFFiles/Global Citizenship - health hunger/Obesity.pdf
The thing is that throwing money at the starving poor could end up just increasing the death rate. Hard thinking's required here.

I don't see too many people starving in my community. If anything, looks like federally subsidized Gastric bypass would be the best way to go, not more food.

I don't see too many people starving in my community. If anything, looks like federally subsidized Gastric bypass would be the best way to go, not more food.

In my area, the food banks run out of food real fast. When the Pubs gut social safety nets, there will be Pubs hanging from oak trees. These Pubs ain't too bright. They don't have a clue what happens when you enrich the few at the cost of the many. Hint. It ain't a pretty sight.

When the Dems tax everyone into the poor house and ruin businesses by ridiculous overregulation, the food banks run out even fast since the lines are longer!

You continue to be an idiotic, shameless, partisan shitstain.

In my area, the food banks run out of food real fast. When the Pubs gut social safety nets, there will be Pubs hanging from oak trees. These Pubs ain't too bright. They don't have a clue what happens when you enrich the few at the cost of the many. Hint. It ain't a pretty sight.

:lol: It's funny the way you revolutionary-wannabe retards think you'll be essential to the cause.

Remember the French Revolution. When they ran out of nobility, they started guillotining each other.

But then, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

Fibs.

Not only is the middle class doing better, but there is no such entity in the United States as a perpetual rich class.

This is a nation built on economic mobility and opportunity.

Educate yourself.

So how many Hungry Children have you fed this Holiday season rdeano?

Although liberal families’ incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).
Albert Brooks, “Who Really Cares”

Although liberal families’ incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

But I thought it was the liberal's heart that bleed?? They care so deeply, they are so morally superior; yet they walk by a starving man on the street while a conservative stops to help??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9-4pekJRdQ&feature=related]This is John Galt speaking... PART TEN.flv - YouTube[/ame]
This is John Galt speaking... PART TEN.flv

In my area, the food banks run out of food real fast.

actually its an embarrassment of riches. Most of them are double dippers using the food stamp program first and then the food bank.
In fact, in modern America, far more poor people suffer from too much food rather than too little.

The way to avoid the moral hazard in food stamps, save money, and improve health, is to limit their use to very basic, very cheap, very nutritious foods.

actually its an embarrassment of riches. Most of them are double dippers using the food stamp program first and then the food bank.
In fact, in modern America, far more poor people suffer from too much food rather than too little.

The way to avoid the moral hazard in food stamps, save money, and improve health, is to limit their use to very basic, very cheap, very nutritious foods.

Agreed. My Wife runs the Food Pantry at our Church. It's a once a Week thing, and moves allot of food from various sources. They are real limited on sweets. They do a great job on Nutritional Foods.

:lol: It's funny the way you revolutionary-wannabe retards think you'll be essential to the cause.

Remember the French Revolution. When they ran out of nobility, they started guillotining each other.

But then, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

Only those who could spell, count, or read. :D

But I thought it was the liberal's heart that bleed?? They care so deeply, they are so morally superior; yet they walk by a starving man on the street while a conservative stops to help??
No, no, they're very generous. They'll give you the shirt off someone else's back.

Remember, it's not charity if the threat of government force isn't involved.

I can only ask; What have you done for the homeless and/or hungry?

I know what I have done, and I'm not bitching about the Government not doing enough. Again what have you, as an individual done?

Don't expect you'll get an answer to that one, Ollie; see, their species is real good at talking; all hot air and good intentions. You know how it is; actually helping people, well, that can get a little messy; might even have to get your hands dirty. PROTESTING for them though, is actually fun (it's the liberal national sport, don't you know); besides, it's ever so trendy and chic, and you get to hang out with your oh-so-superior friends, too; none of that mingling with those dirty, downtrodden poor folks. I mean, you never know, one of them might be (gasp!) a republican, or even worse, a Christian-oh, the horror, the horror!

Agreed. My Wife runs the Food Pantry at our Church. It's a once a Week thing, and moves allot of food from various sources. They are real limited on sweets. They do a great job on Nutritional Foods.

can you comment on the conflict between food stanps and the food banks?? We are told everyone who is hungry can get food stamps?

Forum List

Back