How can California have both a labor problem and a homeless problem at the same time?

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
Watching Fox and some Liberal Democrat prattles on how California has a employment shortage in agriculture.

I thought they had a Homeless problem.

Solution; set up tents with food on the farm and move the damn homeless there. Problem solved.

They have a huge "homeless" problem. The thing is, these people are all either mentally ill, alcoholics, and or drug addicts. They are people no one wants to employ since nearly all of them are incapable of showing up more than a day or two.

They have a huge "homeless" problem. The thing is, these people are all either mentally ill, alcoholics, and or drug addicts. They are people no one wants to employ since nearly all of them are incapable of showing up more than a day or two.
many of them are Veterans too....

Fk, they don’t want to work. They are the laziest humans on the planet

Watching Fox and some Liberal Democrat prattles on how California has a employment shortage in agriculture.

I thought they had a Homeless problem.

Solution; set up tents with food on the farm and move the damn homeless there. Problem solved.

We live in a country where working is an option. If you don't want to work, find some government program to go on to survive. if you want to have kids you can't support either, government will take care of them too.

Well see... you are skimming over several issues here. A lot of places won't hire someone that smells like they haven't bathed in a month, doesn't have an address, no transportation, no phone, has clothes full of holes, can't pass a urine test, and suffers from some disabling form of mental illness.

;)

Veterans can't work???
many of those vets are fucked up or addicted to something ray....the main thing is a hell of a lot of them are not getting the help they need because our govt,no matter what party is in charge,does a lot of talking but doesnt do much for discharged vets who need some kind of help....

Well see... you are skimming over several issues here. A lot of places won't hire someone that smells like they haven't bathed in a month, doesn't have an address, no transportation, no phone, has clothes full of holes, can't pass a urine test, and suffers from some disabling form of mental illness.

;)

To my knowledge, if you suffer from mental or physical aliments that prohibit you to work, you can apply and go on disability.

Of course alcoholism or drugs is not an impairment that you can claim, but if the only reason these people can't work is because of how they smell or where they live, I'm sure government could take care of that. The problem is those are not the reasons they can't work.

;)

To my knowledge, if you suffer from mental or physical aliments that prohibit you to work, you can apply and go on disability.

Of course alcoholism or drugs is not an impairment that you can claim, but if the only reason these people can't work is because of how they smell or where they live, I'm sure government could take care of that. The problem is those are not the reasons they can't work.
you can apply and go on disability.
that can take quit a while.....

I heard last week that California actually has a budget surplus this year. But the homeless rate is rising dramatically.

Veterans can't work???
many of those vets are fucked up or addicted to something ray....the main thing is a hell of a lot of them are not getting the help they need because our govt,no matter what party is in charge,does a lot of talking but doesnt do much for discharged vets who need some kind of help....

Some administrations have done better than others...

This State Just Became The First To House All Its Homeless Veterans

Virginia beat the deadline it signed on to as part of the White House’s challenge to end veteran homelessness by the end of the year. Some cities had already gotten there: New Orleans, Houston, and Las Cruces, New Mexico ended veteran homelessness earlier in the year, while Phoenix and Salt Lake City ended chronic homelessness last year. On Wednesday, Obama also announced that Syracuse and Schenectady in New York and Las Vegas had ended homelessness for their veteran populations. More cities and states are likely to make announcements before the end of the year, as more than 20 mayors across the country also signed on.

;)

We've had this discussion several times before. You think because you know someone that got disability it is easy to get for everyone... Not only is that wrong, but it is even more so wrong for people with mental illness because it isn't something that can be visually identified.

;)

We've had this discussion several times before. You think because you know someone that got disability it is easy to get for everyone... Not only is that wrong, but it is even more so wrong for people with mental illness because it isn't something that can be visually identified.

Who said it was easy? Not me. I do know people on it and they had to make several attempts before successful.

Many homeless people do have mental problems, but there are organizations and religious entities that help those people out. In the heart of winter, we have homeless people walking the streets here too. They have the ability to go to shelters, but they want to live in the street. They don't want to go to those shelters because shelters have rules such as not bringing in drugs or alcohol. Religious organizations usually have sobriety and tobacco restrictions, so homeless people don't want to go there either.

;)

Who said it was easy? Not me. I do know people on it and they had to make several attempts before successful.

Many homeless people do have mental problems, but there are organizations and religious entities that help those people out. In the heart of winter, we have homeless people walking the streets here too. They have the ability to go to shelters, but they want to live in the street. They don't want to go to those shelters because shelters have rules such as not bringing in drugs or alcohol. Religious organizations usually have sobriety and tobacco restrictions, so homeless people don't want to go there either.

You said you knew someone that got it within weeks on their very first try. You argued over and over with me about it.

Forum List

Back