How can California have both a labor problem and a homeless problem at the same time?

Well once you get that degree and enter the real world you have a task to complete that you feel deeply about.

California has a homeless problem.
California has an unskilled labor shortage problem.
California has a 2018 state budget surplus of 6.1 billion dollars.
It looks very do-able for you and your endeavor.

By the way do you live in California or will you relocate?

They have a huge "homeless" problem. The thing is, these people are all either mentally ill, alcoholics, and or drug addicts. They are people no one wants to employ since nearly all of them are incapable of showing up more than a day or two.

I've dealt with that kind of thing before, just rotate them out for a couple days and work whoever is ready to! You may need a larger "labor pool", but the jobs get done.

As an aside, there should be State Mental Hospitals, some people don't deserve to be on the street or in jail like that.

Well once you get that degree and enter the real world you have a task to complete that you feel deeply about.

California has a homeless problem.
California has an unskilled labor shortage problem.
California has a 2018 state budget surplus of 6.1 billion dollars.
It looks very do-able for you and your endeavor.

By the way do you live in California or will you relocate?

I have one degree and I am working on another. When I said it was a position I was looking into, I mean the field of consulting, not necessarily working for California.

the thing is we are in the twenty first Century and not back in jesus time when street people were plentiful. We have ordinances that are in place to align our society. These people choose to exist outside normalcy. I find what they do a slap at normal folks. we care about disease and plagues. I mean haven't we moved to a healthier society?

As Jesus once said, there will always be the poor.

The question is what to do with those people? In a free society, we can't lock them up. We can't help people who don't want to be helped. And your point about hygiene is well taken.

It's kind of a conundrum. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
pathetically struggling.

People with mental illness don't "choose" to live outside the "normalcy" of society. Also, God forbid you ever have a situation where your life falls apart and you don't have the safety net of a family to help you.
or in my case, you are the safety net that supports your family and it's your time to time out. I'm tired, I want to sleep for the rest of my life.

It is very tiring when people who are ignorant on the issues make comments when they honestly have no clue what they are talking about. As I always say, it is easy for some people to pick on the people less fortunate than themselves... whether it be the poor, the ill, or some other group.
Hey asshole I suffer from Bi-polar disorder. I used to have a huge problem flipping out between extreme emotions. Now, while medicated, I am tired and depressed all of the time. I have no fire, I have no ambition, I have no go. Now go fuck yourself.

As Jesus once said, there will always be the poor.

The question is what to do with those people? In a free society, we can't lock them up. We can't help people who don't want to be helped. And your point about hygiene is well taken.

It's kind of a conundrum. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
pathetically struggling.

People with mental illness don't "choose" to live outside the "normalcy" of society. Also, God forbid you ever have a situation where your life falls apart and you don't have the safety net of a family to help you.
or in my case, you are the safety net that supports your family and it's your time to time out. I'm tired, I want to sleep for the rest of my life.

It is very tiring when people who are ignorant on the issues make comments when they honestly have no clue what they are talking about. As I always say, it is easy for some people to pick on the people less fortunate than themselves... whether it be the poor, the ill, or some other group.
Hey asshole I suffer from Bi-polar disorder. I used to have a huge problem flipping out between extreme emotions. Now, while medicated, I am tired and depressed all of the time. I have no fire, I have no ambition, I have no go. Now go fuck yourself.

Uh, I was just responding to your post and agreeing with you... not fucking demeaning you. I would think you'd get that based on all my other posts in this thread. :rolleyes: Chill the fuck out.

pathetically struggling.

Uh, I was just responding to your post and agreeing with you... not fucking demeaning you. I would think you'd get that based on all my other posts in this thread. :rolleyes: Chill the fuck out.
sorry.

Forum List

Back