CDZ How about speed limit signs that force your car to slow down using the on board computer?

So how about a compromise- and having those speed limit signs set off an alert in your vehicle if you are speeding. Then if you get pulled over, the car just tells the officer that you ignored the alert and were aware you were speeding?

Oh yes, everyone will love purchasing the 2021 Ford Snitch.
I agree with you and tried to give you a thumbs up but system won't take it. We won't ever buy a new car or pickup again. Decided that after all the crap they started added to all the new ones.

As long as we can program the car to speed up when it senses burnlootmurder idiots blocking the road, im down with it.

With cars that can parallel park all on their own, and brake assist to keep you from smashing into the car in front of you.....how about traffic signs that automatically force your car to obey the speed limit......? The technology is likely here already..........right?
How about, slow down...slow down, instead of pull up...pull up?

With cars that can parallel park all on their own, and brake assist to keep you from smashing into the car in front of you.....how about traffic signs that automatically force your car to obey the speed limit......? The technology is likely here already..........right?
No.....noooo

What about the guy behind you in a car without a computer?
He has to monitor his own speed and you get to laugh at him.
And have his bumper picked outta the back of your head....

Yes my gps tells me the speed limit so an automated car could technically assure not going over 5 mph over the limit it's reading through GPS, however some areas change and are innacurate and could be too fast or slow depending on construction or road changes.

You're waiting at the bus stop.

Sounds great to me. I cant wait to go to sleep and have my car wake me up when I get there.

That isn't the plan here. The idea is that you are going 45...the sign says 35.....it sends out a signal, and your car slows to 35........

I think it's a fabulous idea for the domestic terrorist that has a stash of weapons, and a gigantic bomb onboard to blow up something. He/she won't get pulled over on his/her way to their target, arrive safely and likely on time!

1600055379224.png

Law enforcement, EMS, and fire trucks, might have issues about being slowed down.

How many criminals are going to hack someone else's vehicle computer?

How about criminals hacking their own vehicle to disable such controls?

*****SMILE*****

:)

the pieces of the tech are already here, indeed.
and i'm all for it :)

Forum List

Back