How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

Somehow, we've got to stop these monsters from fighting dogs, chickens, bulls and the rest.

If only they had the balls to do their own fighting.

10352593_10152415250749586_4240713024590901755_n.jpg
That made me burst into tears.

Meet our Maine coon, The Great Catsby, when he was but a wee tad. Just a kitten but already oozing off the counter.

IMG_0455_zps63835b04.jpg

oops .. I should apologize for putting his pic in the dog thread.

:)
Yes, indeed, that picture belongs in the Cat Lover's Thead, tsk, tsk.....:D

"How about a Dog Lover's Thread?"

Something I read about ten years ago suggested if a woman wants a hubby, to look for a man who loves dogs, over cats. The reason was, men who preferred dogs, would be more loyal and affectionate with a deeper capacity for loving women, than those who favored cats . :eusa_think:

Men who preferred cats over dogs were demonstrably less affectionate with women, if they indeed, liked relationships with women at all

I never forgot that and started noticing men with one or the other great little 4-paws, and came to the conclusion that the article had been accurate, as it pertained to the men I came to know.

The men who liked neither breed, as a pet, weren't good partner material at all.

Maybe things have changed and men are more comfortable having cats, they can't control, while still capable of deeply loving women. :dunno:

There's something wrong with people who don't like dogs.

IMO there isn't a difference between men who prefer dogs or cats, but there is a big difference in men (people) who don't like and value animals. Perhaps the most devoted man I've ever been with liked cats. But another man, with whom I've had the longest & best relationship liked dogs and cats, but probably dogs a bit more than cats. For me, it's just about liking and valuing animals. Men who don't are simply off my radar. Men who do are very attractive, whether is cats or dogs or both.

I am equally fond of cats and dogs.

I've known guys, Aqua, who've had cats because they lived in apartments or were at work a lot or who traveled for work, and a cat is easier in those situations. But I had a dog and they liked my dog. One guy, after we'd been together awhile, he bathed my dog and took care of her a lot and even called her 'our child.' Guess he felt like a step dad! LOL He had a cat.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to dig up pictures of our previous dogs....we've had a Samoyed, a Lab, a Poodle, two Siberian Huskies, 2 Chows, 2 Akitas....too cute.

You had a Samoyed? No need to mention those other breeds then. You got it right.

Here's a picture of one of the dogs we had in the past when he was just a puppy. He was a Chow that we named Mao. He was adorable as a puppy and grew to be very protective of the house and family.

P1010911_zps27bb40a1.jpg

A chow bit me when I was a kid. Still have the scar on my arm. But yours is just too cute!

A chow bit me when I was a kid. Still have the scar on my arm. But yours is just too cute!

Yes, they're known to be aggressive. But to their owners, they are very loyal and protective.

Here's a picture of one of the dogs we had in the past when he was just a puppy. He was a Chow that we named Mao. He was adorable as a puppy and grew to be very protective of the house and family.

P1010911_zps27bb40a1.jpg

They can be mean. My wife raised two from pups and the male Max bit the crap out of her when she was putting down their food.
She took them to a Chow rescue group and bought two Golden retriever pups.

Had to give up my boy after the divorce was on because no one would rent to me. It took almost a year, but in the end a sutible home was found and its perfect for him.

Attachments

• $Yankee.jpg
    $Yankee.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 100
Had to give up my boy after the divorce was on because no one would rent to me. It took almost a year, but in the end a sutible home was found and its perfect for him.

Is that a Russell Terrier? Looks like one to me....very nice looking dog.

Forum List

Back