How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

Had to give up my boy after the divorce was on because no one would rent to me. It took almost a year, but in the end a sutible home was found and its perfect for him.

Is that a Russell Terrier? Looks like one to me....very nice looking dog.

For all intent and purpose he is a pit bull. But he is part bull terrible and American bull dog. Weighs 62 pounds and is just under knee high. He was a stray that wandered up to my door a few years ago. Wish I could still have him. Its just weird not having a dog with me. Im thinking of looking at Jacht Terriors for the possible next one. They are game dogs that hunt pigs good with the pit bull toughness but lack the attitude and stigma.

Starting with

Michael Vicks' dogs - Where are they now?

I'll never forget reading that he took enjoyment in swinging his dogs around by their legs and slamming their heads against walls. He also liked electrocuting them in the most crude and cruel ways.

Vick has paid for his crimes by making enormous money playing a child's game.

Here's where his dogs ended up. More photos at the link.

These Were Michael Vick's Fighting Dogs-- But See Where They Are Now.

SIStubbyDogPhotoShoot.jpg

SIIMG0041.jpg

I remember when I was twelve my Dad taking me and my Brothef to the Mexican dudes house and removing six pits, true pits that were just left in the elements chained to a tree with no food or water because they would not fight. All were the best dogs you could ask for and loved chasing pigs. Good to be reminded that some of those dogs had a happy ending.

OMG, would you just LOOK at this face!!

He was just adopted and they're trying to figure out a good name.

10474040_534815689958453_2059908906768572136_n.jpg

I'm going to have to dig up pictures of our previous dogs....we've had a Samoyed, a Lab, a Poodle, two Siberian Huskies, 2 Chows, 2 Akitas....too cute.

You had a Samoyed? No need to mention those other breeds then. You got it right.

Years ago, I picked up a Samoyed pup who was wandering the street. I had to go to work so set him up with a dish of food and a water dish. Got back 8 hours later to find he had eaten my recliner.

I ran an ad in the lost and found section but by the time his owner showed up, he had eaten most of my furniture.

Beautiful little guy.

I'm going to have to dig up pictures of our previous dogs....we've had a Samoyed, a Lab, a Poodle, two Siberian Huskies, 2 Chows, 2 Akitas....too cute.

You had a Samoyed? No need to mention those other breeds then. You got it right.

Years ago, I picked up a Samoyed pup who was wandering the street. I had to go to work so set him up with a dish of food and a water dish. Got back 8 hours later to find he had eaten my recliner.

I ran an ad in the lost and found section but by the time his owner showed up, he had eaten most of my furniture.

Beautiful little guy.

SIL that lived in New Mexico was breeding them, she had one left over and decided to give it to us as a gift. Flew it to Alabama.....was so cute. We named him Niki....but he was awful. We had red clay in Alabama, and he was always rolling in it, so we couldn't keep him clean. I didn't want him in the house when he had all that red dirt dripping off him..but we loved him just the same.

Beautiful little guy.

SIL that lived in New Mexico was breeding them, she had one left over and decided to give it to us as a gift. Flew it to Alabama.....was so cute. We named him Niki....but he was awful. We had red clay in Alabama, and he was always rolling in it, so we couldn't keep him clean. I didn't want him in the house when he had all that red dirt dripping off him..but we loved him just the same.

LOL. They can be a handful. They are smart, independent, and often big enough to cause serious wreckage if they want to. Gotta know how to handle dogs to own a Samoyed.

I've got a couple doggies myself. Way too smart for my own good. I think you can tell a lot about people by how they treat animals. The gals I've dated that had no use for my dogs were kind of lifeless in my mind. More into jewelry, cars, boats, etc. Nowadays it's one of the first things I do, arrange a walk with the dogs.

Forum List

Back