How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

e1cf1845-2701-4bdc-8224-69a016283816

Dogs can be trained to clean up their messes.
A wise and effective dog owner trains her/his dog to not make messes. My dog NEVER did anything like that. I could leave her alone in the house with access to the kitchen garbage can and she never dug it in or turned it over or anything. The key to a good dog is a good owner. As well, the key to a bad dog is a bad owner. If your dog does stuff like in that video, it's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault. Same goes for your kids.

A wise and effective dog owner trains her/his dog to not make messes. My dog NEVER did anything like that. I could leave her alone in the house with access to the kitchen garbage can and she never dug it in or turned it over or anything. The key to a good dog is a good owner. As well, the key to a bad dog is a bad owner. If your dog does stuff like in that video, it's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault. Same goes for your kids.

Yes I agree....to a point. Despite your best efforts & training, there are occasional 'accidents' where the animal or child need reminders. I have found in both our dogs and our kids, they have minds of their own and do test their limits from time to time.

Yes I agree....to a point. Despite your best efforts & training, there are occasional 'accidents' where the animal or child need reminders. I have found in both our dogs and our kids, they have minds of their own and do test their limits from time to time.
My dog wasn't perfect. I could leave her alone in the house all day and she never tore anything up or made a mess, the cat too..both good animals. But the dog would eat the cat food if I left it out. I put it up high so she couldn't get at it. She was very good, but not perfect.

One very funny thing happened one time. I left the house, and she was at the door to say 'goodbye.' Then I realized I forgot something so went back in. She met me at the door again, smiling but looking guilty and anxious. I went in and saw she had been at the cat food. Very funny the way she ran from the kitchen to the front door trying to look innocent when she knew she was guilty as hell.

Last edited:

You gotta let them have some fun once in a while.

You gotta let them have some fun once in a while.

There's positive fun and negative fun. Tearing up the house and making big messes isn't positive fun. Taking your dog out hiking, making sure he gets plenty of companionship and exercise is good fun. Creating a situation where he/she acts out in negative ways is not fun. It's bad behavior which shouldn't be tolerated.

Forum List

Back