House votes to block Syrian refugees

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

House votes to block Syrian refugees despite White House veto threat

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.

Doing the right thing isn't "screwing the American people".

We did the wrong thing in the 1930's andn 40's.

Lets hope we don't repeat the mistake.

• Banned

Right thing in your opinion. Until the US can develop a means to effectively vet these folks it is best to keep them away.

What....WINNING a war? We are in a WAR you dumb fuck. Wake up.

Good for the House.

And you know what...GOOD FOR DEMOCRATS who voted in favor of this. They may have realized their closet Muslim president is going rogue and no longer gives a fuck about the Democrat Party. He used them to get to the Oval Office. How comfortable he looked criticizing Americans in the Muslim Phillipines.

Right thing in your opinion. Until the US can develop a means to effectively vet these folks it is best to keep them away.

The vetting process is adequate. Where it needs to be addressed is in other areas such as tourist visa's etc. The refugee system is one of the best vetted.

We made a serious mistake turning away refugees in the past. We should not repeat it.

What....WINNING a war? We are in a WAR you dumb fuck. Wake up.

Good for the House.

And you know what...GOOD FOR DEMOCRATS who voted in favor of this. They may have realized their closet Muslim president is going rogue and no longer gives a fuck about the Democrat Party. He used them to get to the Oval Office. How comfortable he looked criticizing Americans in the Muslim Phillipines.

Wake up is right.

In the late 30's and early 40's folks like you refused to grant assylum to refugees because you were afraid of Nazi and Communist inflitrators. Now, your afraid of ISIS infiltrators.

Somethings never change.

• Banned

The vetting process is adequate. Where it needs to be addressed is in other areas such as tourist visa's etc. The refugee system is one of the best vetted.

We made a serious mistake turning away refugees in the past. We should not repeat it.
We should until we get a handle on ISIS and how they work. Obviously we are not as adept at detecting terrorist activity as we thought we were this is a good measure for the time being.

We should until we get a handle on ISIS and how they work. Obviously we are not as adept at detecting terrorist activity as we thought we were this is a good measure for the time being.

I'm not so sure - there has been precious little terrorist activity among the many refugees the US has taken in.

• Banned

I'm not so sure - there has been precious little terrorist activity among the many refugees the US has taken in.
All we need is one event.

"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.
What's the deal with asking refugees be certified? I have not heard a reason why this stops immigrants.
Other than we don't have a clue to their background that is

How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice?
If the answer is zero, then no refugees come in, because even you know some of those refugees are terrorists.

Nothing is risk free or 100% guarenteed and to expect that is just plain stupid. We are more likely to be killed by home grown gun violence than by a terrorist attack. Should we work on banning more guns? We are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed by a terrorist...should we start offering major bribes to the weather gods?

At what point should fear overule our humanitarian impulses?

What's the deal with asking refugees be certified? I have not heard a reason why this stops immigrants.

What do you mean by "certified" and how does that differ from the present system?

If the answer is zero, then no refugees come in, because even you know some of those refugees are terrorists.

How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to mass shootings before instituting strict gun control? (note - not that I'm an advocate of such but the logic is the same)

Nothing is risk free or 100% guarenteed and to expect that is just plain stupid. We are more likely to be killed by home grown gun violence than by a terrorist attack. Should we work on banning more guns? We are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed by a terrorist...should we start offering major bribes to the weather gods?

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

What do you mean by "certified" and how does that differ from the present system?
I have not read the final version, but I heard the show stopper was having a bigwig sign off they were OK.

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died

How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to mass shootings before instituting strict gun control? (note - not that I'm an advocate of such but the logic is the same)
Strawman. You won't answer because I'm right.

Strawman. You won't answer because I'm right.

Look up the meaning of strawman before you use it.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died
Not US responsibility. The US needs to prepare better then allow.

Forum List

Back