House, Senate both pass surrender legislation

It is not my fault your Dems are about to cave on their surrender bill

I warned you they painted themselves into a corner

ok... please explain to me how turning over american emplacements and military assets to the military forces of the Iraqi government is surrendering anything?

Please answer this simple question: Did Britain surrender Palestine in the spring of 1948?

Can you possibly carry on a conversation with me and answer those questions?

ok... please explain to me how turning over american emplacements and military assets to the military forces of the Iraqi government is surrendering anything?

Please answer this simple question: Did Britain surrender Palestine in the spring of 1948?

Libs have tried to paint Iraq as another Viet Nam

If they get their surrender bill passed (which they won't) it will be like Viet Nam - millions will be killed after we leave

At least one Dem gets it - Joe Lieberman

Indeed, to the extent that last week's bloodshed clarified anything, it is that the battle of Baghdad is increasingly a battle against al-Qaida. Whether we like it or not, al-Qaida views the Iraqi capital as a central front of its war against us.

Al-Qaida's strategy for victory in Iraq is clear. It is trying to kill as many innocent people as possible in the hope of reigniting Shiite sectarian violence and terrorizing the Sunnis into submission.

In other words, just as Petraeus and his troops are working to empower and unite Iraqi moderates by establishing basic security, al-Qaida is trying to divide and conquer with spectacular acts of butchery.

That is why the suggestion that we can fight al-Qaida but stay out of Iraq's "civil war" is specious, since the very crux of al-Qaida's strategy in Iraq has been to try to provoke civil war.

The wave of suicide bombings in Iraq is also aimed at us here in the United States - to obscure the recent gains we have made and to convince the American public that our efforts in Iraq are futile and that we should retreat.

When politicians here declare that Iraq is "lost" and demand timetables for withdrawal, they are doing exactly what al-Qaida hopes they will do, although I know that is not their intent.
http://www.courant.com/news/opinion...,0,6262977.story?coll=hc-headlines-commentary

there is nothing in this post about Vietnam...can you please just try to address the points that I raise and, in thus doing, actually begin to converse with me instead of yell past me?

there is nothing in this post about Vietnam...can you please just try to address the points that I raise and, in thus doing, actually begin to converse with me instead of yell past me?

Like in Viet Nam the slaughter will begin if Dems have their surrender bill passed

The good news it - it won't

Dems are now begging Republicnas for help

Dems lose - America wins

please address these points:

please address these points:

We have been over this - you keep asking the same question after they are answered

Just because you do not like the answers is your problem

Your party is caving on their surrender bill - it will not happen

Then you can vent how the Dems were victims on Pres Bush and talk radio

We have been over this - you keep asking the same question after they are answered

Just because you do not like the answers is your problem

Your party is caving on their surrender bill - it will not happen

Then you can vent how the Dems were victims on Pres Bush and talk radio

point me to a post # where you have answered those questions.

I'll wait.

you are a liar....you have NEVER answered those two questions.

Is it too much to ask to just answer them? One of them is a simple Y/N question...here ... try it...all you need to do to answer is type a Y or an N.

Did Britain surrender Palestine in the spring of 1948?

Do you "overlook" those polls showing the voters are against the Dems surrender bill?

It wil be vetoed and Dems will have no choice but to provide the funding without their surrender date

Which polls show that voters are against setting a timetable? Every poll I've seen shows that the majority wants Bush to set a withdrawal date.

"(CBS) Most Americans back Democrats in Congress in their showdown with President Bush over Iraq, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll.

Sixty-four percent of those surveyed favor setting a timetable for a U.S. troop pullout by 2008. The Senate passed legislation Thursday that would require the withdrawal of U.S. forces to begin by Oct. 1."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/26/opinion/polls/main2731960.shtml

"WASHINGTON - As the Democrat-controlled Congress and the White House clash over an Iraq spending bill, with President Bush vowing to veto it because it contains withdrawal deadlines, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that a solid majority of Americans side with the Democrats.

In addition, a nearly equal number believe that victory in Iraq isn't possible, and about only one in eight think the war has improved in the three months since Bush called for a troop increase there...The poll — which was taken of 1,004 adults from April 20-23, and which has an overall margin of error of 3.1 percentage points — comes as Congress considers an supplemental spending bill that would begin withdrawing troops from Iraq no later than Oct. 1, with the goal of having all combat troops leave by March 2008."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18312789/

According to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll, 61% of Americans oppose “denying the funding needed to send any additional U.S. troops to Iraq,” and opposition is up from 58% in February. (3/23-25, 2007).

A Bloomberg poll reveals 61% of Americans believe withholding funding for the war is a bad idea, while only 28% believe it is a good idea (3/3-11, 2007).
A recent Public Opinion Strategies (POS) poll found that 56% of registered voters favor fully funding the war in Iraq, with more voters strongly favoring funding (40%) than totally opposing it (38%); (3/25-27, 2007).
POS found also that a majority of voters (54%) oppose the Democrats imposing a reduction in troops below the level military commanders requested (3/25-27, 2007).
A separate POS poll finds 57% of voters support staying in Iraq until the job is finished and “the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security for its people.” And 59% of voters say pulling out of Iraq immediately would do more to harm America’s reputation in the world than staying until order is restored (35%); (2/5-7, 2007).
A Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll show 69% of American voters trust military commanders more than members of Congress (18%) to decide when United States troops should leave Iraq. This includes 52% of Democrats, 69% of Independents and 88% of Republicans (3/27-28, 2007).
According to a recent Pew Research survey, only 17% of Americans want an immediate withdrawal of troops (4/18-22, 2007). That same poll found a plurality of adults (45%) believe a terrorist attack against the United States is more likely if we withdraw our troops from Iraq while the “country remains unstable”
Should a date for withdrawal be set, 70% of American believe it is likely that “insurgents will increase their attacks in Iraq” starting on that day. This is supported by 85% of Republicans, 71% of Independents and 60% of Democrats. (FOX News/Opinion Dynamics, 4/17-18, 2007).
An LA Times/Bloomberg polls reveals that 50% of Americans say setting a timetable for withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq “hurts” the troops, while only 27% believe it “helps” the troops (4/5-9, 2007).
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...YyNDA2ZThlMTg=

According to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll, 61% of Americans oppose “denying the funding needed to send any additional U.S. troops to Iraq,” and opposition is up from 58% in February. (3/23-25, 2007).

A Bloomberg poll reveals 61% of Americans believe withholding funding for the war is a bad idea, while only 28% believe it is a good idea (3/3-11, 2007).
A recent Public Opinion Strategies (POS) poll found that 56% of registered voters favor fully funding the war in Iraq, with more voters strongly favoring funding (40%) than totally opposing it (38%); (3/25-27, 2007).
POS found also that a majority of voters (54%) oppose the Democrats imposing a reduction in troops below the level military commanders requested (3/25-27, 2007).
A separate POS poll finds 57% of voters support staying in Iraq until the job is finished and “the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security for its people.” And 59% of voters say pulling out of Iraq immediately would do more to harm America’s reputation in the world than staying until order is restored (35%); (2/5-7, 2007).
A Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll show 69% of American voters trust military commanders more than members of Congress (18%) to decide when United States troops should leave Iraq. This includes 52% of Democrats, 69% of Independents and 88% of Republicans (3/27-28, 2007).
According to a recent Pew Research survey, only 17% of Americans want an immediate withdrawal of troops (4/18-22, 2007). That same poll found a plurality of adults (45%) believe a terrorist attack against the United States is more likely if we withdraw our troops from Iraq while the “country remains unstable”
Should a date for withdrawal be set, 70% of American believe it is likely that “insurgents will increase their attacks in Iraq” starting on that day. This is supported by 85% of Republicans, 71% of Independents and 60% of Democrats. (FOX News/Opinion Dynamics, 4/17-18, 2007).
An LA Times/Bloomberg polls reveals that 50% of Americans say setting a timetable for withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq “hurts” the troops, while only 27% believe it “helps” the troops (4/5-9, 2007).
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...YyNDA2ZThlMTg=

Withholding funds and setting a timetable are two different things. If you look at the polls I clicked on, the majority of Americans also said that. The bill Congress sent to Bush was not about withholding funds, it was about setting a withdrawal date. Nice spin though.

The Dems surrender bill is trouble

It is DOA

Now Dems are begging Republicans for help to get a bill that will not be vetoed

Goodby surrender date

The Dems surrender bill is trouble

It is DOA

Now Dems are begging Republicans for help to get a bill that will not be vetoed

Goodby surrender date

I agree Bush will veto this bill. But Bush's actions have set the Republican Party back 8 years at least. I'm no Democrat so I'm not looking forward to it. But Bush loyalists like you are to blame for handing liberals the keys to the government.

I agree Bush will veto this bill. But Bush's actions have set the Republican Party back 8 years at least. I'm no Democrat so I'm not looking forward to it. But Bush loyalists like you are to blame for handing liberals the keys to the government.

Republicans walked away from what put them in power - Ronald Reagan conservatism

But Dems overplayed their hand and misread what the voters wanted

The voters did not defeat in Iraq - that is what Dems pushed for

Defeat and surrender

Forum List

Back