House Republicans release 1,000-page report alleging politicization in the FBI, DOJ...

It would be difficult to imagine their being less honest.

There are likely many, perhaps a majority, of Agents at the entry level rank who are honest people who wanted to work at what they viewed as the greatest law-enforcement agency in the world. But Eric Holder made sure that no one who did not toe the Demccratic line in thought, word, and deed, could be promoted above that rank. Those high-level Holder desciples were still in charge during the Trump administration.

Phooey. Preposterous. Ridiculous. How many more ways do you want me to say it?

When the IG report on the FISA warrants came out. They found problems with every single one. Every one they examined had missing or discredited information. Incomplete information. And flat assed lies supporting it. And not from a single office. From several offices. So you can’t complain that is Washington.

It is how the agents are trained. So everyone holding a badge thinks the same way. Now this doesn’t mean they are lying about everything. But it does mean that their claims should be viewed with a cynical eye without proof.

The supervisors are promoted up from the proverbial ranks.

Look. Let’s be honest. They did a survey of layers and judges. And they said that they believed that cops lied in about 60% of the cases. There was a lie somewhere. And we didn’t know if it was significant. Or minor.

Those good rank and file agents figure they have to lie to get the baddies. They like many blame Liberals for making their jobs harder. Damn that Bill of Rights anyway.

So the cops feel justified in lying. They are just getting around the red tape and hurdles that the damned liberals put in their way.

It isn’t a question of who is in charge. It isn’t even a question of who is supervising. The question is what do we do about the pervasive problem? Accountability is the answer. When a cop lies on a warrant request. Send him to jail for perjury. If an agent forgets some information that might show the accused is innocent. Give that agents pension to the victim and let the agent start his new career as s fast food manager.

If I lie to a cop or agent I’m going to jail. If they lie they get nothing done to them. Do something.

Twenty years ago I said we could end police corruption in no more than two years. We could end the abuses two years from today. It would be virtually eliminated. And it isn’t who is in charge. It isn’t what party is in power. Because neither care about it. Unless it is directed towards them.

Phooey. Preposterous. Ridiculous. How many more ways do you want me to say it?

When the IG report on the FISA warrants came out. They found problems with every single one. Every one they examined had missing or discredited information. Incomplete information. And flat assed lies supporting it. And not from a single office. From several offices. So you can’t complain that is Washington.

It is how the agents are trained. So everyone holding a badge thinks the same way. Now this doesn’t mean they are lying about everything. But it does mean that their claims should be viewed with a cynical eye without proof.

The supervisors are promoted up from the proverbial ranks.

Look. Let’s be honest. They did a survey of layers and judges. And they said that they believed that cops lied in about 60% of the cases. There was a lie somewhere. And we didn’t know if it was significant. Or minor.

Those good rank and file agents figure they have to lie to get the baddies. They like many blame Liberals for making their jobs harder. Damn that Bill of Rights anyway.

So the cops feel justified in lying. They are just getting around the red tape and hurdles that the damned liberals put in their way.

It isn’t a question of who is in charge. It isn’t even a question of who is supervising. The question is what do we do about the pervasive problem? Accountability is the answer. When a cop lies on a warrant request. Send him to jail for perjury. If an agent forgets some information that might show the accused is innocent. Give that agents pension to the victim and let the agent start his new career as s fast food manager.

If I lie to a cop or agent I’m going to jail. If they lie they get nothing done to them. Do something.

Twenty years ago I said we could end police corruption in no more than two years. We could end the abuses two years from today. It would be virtually eliminated. And it isn’t who is in charge. It isn’t what party is in power. Because neither care about it. Unless it is directed towards them.
I agree with all of that about law enforcement. But law enforcement normally lies to catch and imprison criminals. They don't seem to get that by lying and falsifying evidence, they are criminals and are almost certainly sending innocent people to prison.

Lying to get a warrant to spy on a political campaign of the opposing party? That was a new one, as far as I know. That is the result of Eric Holder and whats-her-name's leadership.

I agree with all of that about law enforcement. But law enforcement normally lies to catch and imprison criminals. They don't seem to get that by lying and falsifying evidence, they are criminals and are almost certainly sending innocent people to prison.

Lying to get a warrant to spy on a political campaign of the opposing party? That was a new one, as far as I know. That is the result of Eric Holder and whats-her-name's leadership.

Oh bullshit.

It is the same old playbook they’ve used for decades. The FBI would break in to houses, apartments, and businesses to get information. Including on those who were gathering evidence on the actions of the FBI. They targeted politicians with blackmail material. Read The FBI nobody knows by Fred Cook for an overview of what happened during the Hoover era.

When it was exposed. Hoover told the Congress that the FBI would never again do a Black Bag Job. And they didn’t. From then on the break ins were called FBI Specials.

This continued until they got caught. Again. The Congress responded to the claims that the FBI was doing this for National Security by authorizing FISA warrants. They couldn’t stop the break ins. So Congress authorized them.

So instead of lying about what they were doing. The FBI lied about why they were doing it to the Judges to get the FISA warrant.

Any Congressman or Senator who wanted or needed a Top Secret clearance for say the Defense oversight, or Intelligence Oversight, willingly surrendered all their dirty laundry to the FBI. If the Senator or Congressman objected too loudly the dirty laundry was leaked to the press.

So the people selected to oversee the actions of the agents of the Government have to surrender their blackmail material to those people. And this has been the way it has worked for more than a century.

Have you ever heard of the Venona project? Neat thing. President FDR ordered it shut down. It wasn’t. The Military and FBI decided to keep it going. They only briefed in high ranking military officers. One of those, Eisenhower, became the President.

It is why Eisenhower warned us about the Military Industrial Complex. A warning we ignored.

You won’t stop it by changing bosses.

Oh bullshit.

It is the same old playbook they’ve used for decades. The FBI would break in to houses, apartments, and businesses to get information. Including on those who were gathering evidence on the actions of the FBI. They targeted politicians with blackmail material. Read The FBI nobody knows by Fred Cook for an overview of what happened during the Hoover era.

When it was exposed. Hoover told the Congress that the FBI would never again do a Black Bag Job. And they didn’t. From then on the break ins were called FBI Specials.

This continued until they got caught. Again. The Congress responded to the claims that the FBI was doing this for National Security by authorizing FISA warrants. They couldn’t stop the break ins. So Congress authorized them.

So instead of lying about what they were doing. The FBI lied about why they were doing it to the Judges to get the FISA warrant.

Any Congressman or Senator who wanted or needed a Top Secret clearance for say the Defense oversight, or Intelligence Oversight, willingly surrendered all their dirty laundry to the FBI. If the Senator or Congressman objected too loudly the dirty laundry was leaked to the press.

So the people selected to oversee the actions of the agents of the Government have to surrender their blackmail material to those people. And this has been the way it has worked for more than a century.

Have you ever heard of the Venona project? Neat thing. President FDR ordered it shut down. It wasn’t. The Military and FBI decided to keep it going. They only briefed in high ranking military officers. One of those, Eisenhower, became the President.

It is why Eisenhower warned us about the Military Industrial Complex. A warning we ignored.
All true.
You won’t stop it by changing bosses.
Then we should completely defund the FBI.

Which is what I wrote eh?
Yes, and I'm agreeing.

I don't know if at this point the FBI could even recruit non-corrupt young agents. All of the publicity for them and the DOJ in the last several years has been about the multiple investigations and prosecutings falling under Operation Get Trump.

When was he last time there was news about the FBI arresting a gang of car thieves who drove them across state lines or rescuing a kidnap victim.

Instead they take a case of a couple of an old man and a homosexual prostitute fighting over a hammer and call that "kidnapping."

Yes, and I'm agreeing.

I don't know if at this point the FBI could even recruit non-corrupt young agents. All of the publicity for them and the DOJ in the last several years has been about the multiple investigations and prosecutings falling under Operation Get Trump.

When was he last time there was news about the FBI arresting a gang of car thieves who drove them across state lines or rescuing a kidnap victim.

Instead they take a case of a couple of an old man and a homosexual prostitute fighting over a hammer and call that "kidnapping."

Actual kidnappings for money as one example don’t really happen anymore. The Cops got too good at catching the baddies. Now it is either a non custodial parent or a rape situation. Most often those are solved before the Feds get involved.

The current mess began on 9-11 when the FBI got told to focus on terrorism and threats to national security. Oh they still grab bank robbers and such. But most of their attention is on National Security crap.

Like most things. The FBI is a good idea on paper. In reality it doesn’t do what we would hope.

Now you decry the effort to “get Trump”. I’d agree with you on Crossfire Hurricane. That was a shitshow. The documents investigation appears valid. And while I still want to see more of the evidence, I’m leaning towards the idea that the FBI did it rightish. I’m still a Cynic after all. Leaning. But not convinced. Perhaps I should say that absent other information I’m willing to grant the Feds did that one honestly.

The Paul Pelosi debacle. I’ve heard the CT crap and it doesn’t fit. Right now I’m leaning, not as far as Trump. Leaning towards the conclusion that the attacker really was a nut who was too stupid to realize Nancy was in Washington.

We have seen quite a few nuts over the years haven’t we?

As for Paul’s DUI. We aren’t talking a major crime. Hell in the most no nonsense state a DUI tends to be time served, suspended license, a fine, and some probation and community service at the most.

It doesn’t sound like he got special treatment. It sounds like he got what everyone got. And that is what the Constitution says is supposed to happen.

With overcrowding in the Jails and Prisons in California the five days was probably about eight hours. Especially for a lousy DUI case. The cops would rather use the space for thugs. I’m sure you would rather that they not release a Rapist to get Pelosi to serve the full five days.

Every event is not a Conspiracy.

You have to think. Remember the moron who decided that a Pizza Joint was secretly holding little kids for the Clinton’s to sexually abuse? That nut cause more harm than he could have helped. The blithering idiot former cop who stopped an Air Conditioning Repair Van accusing him of having tens of thousands of illegal ballots?

Forum List

Back