House Republicans Introduce Bill to Eliminate Obama’s 39 Czars…

How about we have a checks and balence system for them?

These special advisors (for all Presidents not just the redistributor in chief/marxist/commie/liberal/nazi/alien and whatever else the loons want to call him) have no signatory authority, they’re just staff.

Grandstanding or stupidity?

Some of them do have authority to make rules that is backup by law.
How about the EPA?
FYI
there is NO 'Czar' for the EPA on the list..... do they have to be appointed and then voted on, by the senate?

Maybe the Republicans do need to read the constitution. I see a couple of them violated it just this week by failing to get sworn in. :lol:

Thought the republicans wanted to create jobs not eliminate them?

Czars are a way to avoid our laws.

reps just want governement to follows the law

do you take issue with pols finally following the law? Or would you support this if the shoes were on the other feet.

Creating new special advisors to the Presidents positions is not unique to President Obama. Furthermore they have no authority to do anything but advise the President (or those that do have the power).

Maybe the Republicans do need to read the constitution. I see a couple of them violated it just this week by failing to get sworn in. :lol:

lol...I mean really? Did they really think that was OK?

Whatever happened to NOT compromising the sanctity of the consitution? Not compromising the integrity of the protocols of an elected official.

I just dont get our politicians of today. They are so dam arrogant it is very troubling.

They were a bad idea back in Nixon's time. They are a worse idea now. Constitutional government means you don't have folks with huge amounts of power with no responsibility or accountability.

The whole point of these things is to do an end run on the appointments process.

The Russians got rid of Czars in 1917 for good reason. Then they had them shot. Getting rid of czars is a good plan, even if the russians did think of it first.

These special advisors (for all Presidents not just the redistributor in chief/marxist/commie/liberal/nazi/alien and whatever else the loons want to call him) have no signatory authority, they’re just staff.

Grandstanding or stupidity?

How about the EPA?
FYI
there is NO 'Czar' for the EPA on the list..... do they have to be appointed and then voted on, by the senate?

Can the EPA ov er rule Congress? obama siad they could.

This move is another move by the GOP that leaves a person scratching their head. When GWB had his 35 czar's.
When Fox News asked Rep Darrell Issa if the GOP objected to Bush's czars he said,,,No!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyiYV2gOwjU

This is reminds me of how many members of Congress went along with GWB's spending and now, all of a sudden they became deficit hawks.
Everybody has the right to change their mind. Look at Obama's switch on the tax cuts for the wealthy, (of course he got something in return).

This isn't a complaint post, but more so a post to point out the irony of that happens within the Washington Beltway.

kiwiman you discredit your so called party of no label. I have went through some of yoiur post you have made and none that I looked at said anything negative against the democrats. And considering the last 4 years if you were for no labels you would speak out against both parties. Just like I told you earlier the party of no labels is just another liberal movement.

Oh I do speak out against both parties and I do it often.
Most of my recent posts have addressed healthcare reform and bipartisanship. Regarding healthcare reform. I think our healthcare system in the US is broken. The costs have gone up at least three times as much as wages. The cost of healthcare has priced itself out of reach for millions of Americans. Healthcare debt is the Number one reason for bankruptcies. People and companies are more than ever, dropping insurance or being forced to opt for high deductible plans. Our own Department of Defense has seen the cost of healthcare insurance eat away at their defense budget. The Dems at least tried, to bad they did such a bad job of it with their mandates and cost (which I have acknowledged often). The GOP seems more interest in keeping things in a status quo environment which angers me more than Obamcare.
Regarding bipartisanship, I have also acknowledged that the Dems were the party of NO during the Bush years and of course the GOP has been the party of NO in the recent years.
The result is nothing getting done for the American people and the country. This drove me to No Labels. I'm old enough to remember when bipartisanship got things done. Reagan has great success and it helped that he and the Dems worked together and the same holds true for Bill Clinton and the GOP in the 90's. Yes they had their battles, but things got done through compromise. Ever since the GWB years, things changed. Not much has gotten done for the good of America because of party politics. Congress's ratings have steadily gone down, down down.
I'll admit I have some anger directed at the GOP as I'm considered a RINO and RINO's have been basically "cleansed" by the radical element that is driving the GOP. I voted straight GOP for years and worked as a volunteer for the campaigns of Reagan, George HW and Bob Dole. I also voted for GWB in 2000. Since then I have voted for independents and third parties.
Finally, I have also participated in discussions regarding the debt. I find it ironic that the right acts like everything is Obama's fault by hypocritically ignoring their own party's contribution to the debt. William F Buckley wrote several pieces on the hypocrisy of the GOP and so has Bruce Bartlett (a former Reagan aide, but now considered a RINO)). So, I'm in good company. I have also acknowledged that Obama has spent way too much in those discussions.
I suggest that you selectively read my posts. And if you were honest with yourself, you'd admit that in your mind, a moderate-independent is a liberal to you, which would include most Americans.

How about the EPA?
FYI

What rule, or law, has Congress made that the EPA has overruled?

If the EPA makes a ruling can Congress make a law that reverses that EPA's ruling?

What you don't realize is you people are all just looking for some way to keep Obama from passing bills. There aren't as many "Czars" in the Obama administration as there were in Bush's. I assure you, you all are just jumping on Glenn Beck's bandwaggon. Honestly, look at the number of "Czars" Obama has appointed, and compair to the Bush administration. Which is more? You figure it out for yourself.

They were a bad idea back in Nixon's time. They are a worse idea now. Constitutional government means you don't have folks with huge amounts of power with no responsibility or accountability.

The whole point of these things is to do an end run on the appointments process.

The Russians got rid of Czars in 1917 for good reason. Then they had them shot. Getting rid of czars is a good plan, even if the russians did think of it first.

Please name the so-call czar(s)(that would be special advisors to the president that doesn't require confirmation by the Senate) with huge amounts of power (or any actual governing power at all)!

How about the EPA?
FYI

this thread is about CZARS, so WHY are you changing the subject and bringing the EPA in to the discussion???

there IS NO EPA CZAR that i can tell???

.....LOOK AT the list i posted above, go to the link for the rest of it.

Persoanlly, I am embarrassed that our congress is wasting time arguing over the need for the President of the Uniuted States choosing advisors of choice.

I mean...give me a break. He is one man. He needs 1000 eyes. And why shouldnt he get to choose who he wants? We need to trust his judgement. They are just advisors.

Jeez....if we can not trust the man or woman that 50+ % elect into the office, then we can trust no one.

Is that who we want to be as a nation? A bunch of skeptics?

He is not my president of choice by any means...but he is my president. Enough wiht the childish partisan games and lets move on already.

Just sayin'...sorta, kinda.

these past few days should make it clear that the tea party are full of idiots.

Really?

People with an idea but not sure exactly how to implement it are idiots?

So Einstein was an idiot when he had the idea that there must be some way that the sun was able to egenrate such great heat, but really had no idea how it was done....until he devised E=MC squared?

I just dont get it. Why you guys see others that think differentlky than you are idiots is beyond me.

I am a conservaitive...I dont see liberals as idiots. I see them as idealists...but not idiots.

Another timewaster by the new GOP House. Day by day it appears it's going to get increasingly apparent that these guys are in no hurry to get down to the grim and politically unpleasant business of making meaningful cuts in government spending.

Another timewaster by the new GOP House. Day by day it appears it's going to get increasingly apparent that these guys are in no hurry to get down to the grim and politically unpleasant business of making meaningful cuts in government spending.

You wasn't in a harry last year why the change?

these past few days should make it clear that the tea party are full of idiots.

Really?

People with an idea but not sure exactly how to implement it are idiots?

So Einstein was an idiot when he had the idea that there must be some way that the sun was able to egenrate such great heat, but really had no idea how it was done....until he devised E=MC squared?

I just dont get it. Why you guys see others that think differentlky than you are idiots is beyond me.

I am a conservaitive...I dont see liberals as idiots. I see them as idealists...but not idiots.

good for you, but no ideas are being brought forth, just ways to get back at Obama.
Its childish and pointless. Anyone who has watched the tea party and the right would know they dont bring forth many ideas as of late.

The trea partyers have an idea....not sure how to implement it. Nothing at all wrong with that.
Obama had an idea...Close GITMO...but was not sure how to implement it. Do you see him as an idiot? I dont.
He had another idea...No back room deals....but as we all saw, he had no idea how to implement it. DO I look at him as an idiot? No. I see him as a man with an idea and still, to this day, looking for a way to implement it.
You seem to hold the tea partyers to a higher standard than you do our President.
Why is that?

Forum List

Back