House Republicans adding to debt as balanced budget commitment wavers

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I believe I said just yesterday Republicans are full of shit when they claim to be the fiscally responsible party.

After initial success in cutting federal spending and reducing deficits, House Republicans have drifted into the red with a series of tax measures and spending bills that are not offset — either adding to the pile of debt or hiding the costs with accounting gimmicks.

More than a dozen bills with costs that are not fully offset elsewhere in the budget have passed the Republican-controlled House and threaten to add nearly $1 trillion to federal debt over the next decade.

House Republicans adding to debt as balanced budget commitment wavers - Washington Times

I believe I said just yesterday Republicans are full of shit when they claim to be the fiscally responsible party.

After initial success in cutting federal spending and reducing deficits, House Republicans have drifted into the red with a series of tax measures and spending bills that are not offset — either adding to the pile of debt or hiding the costs with accounting gimmicks.

More than a dozen bills with costs that are not fully offset elsewhere in the budget have passed the Republican-controlled House and threaten to add nearly $1 trillion to federal debt over the next decade.

House Republicans adding to debt as balanced budget commitment wavers - Washington Times

While spending increased dramatically in Obama's first year, since then it has barely budged. With the economy gradually improving revenues have gradually been increasing and the yearly deficit continues to fall. The key now is to increase growth by just a bit more, and things will be looking much brighter, so long as we do not see another major collapse in the economy like we saw in 2008.

I hope you don't use
-Public schools for your children
-Infrastructure... Why drive across the bridge. You probably have a horse to do that seeing that you hate civilization so much.
-r&d investment. Don't whine about us getting our asses kicked by china. You're a fool.
-Science institutions. Be sure not to use any of the warnings by the cdc, nws, nhc, etc.

Just go into your cave!

I hope you don't use
-Public schools for your children
-Infrastructure... Why drive across the bridge. You probably have a horse to do that seeing that you hate civilization so much.
-r&d investment. Don't whine about us getting our asses kicked by china. You're a fool.
-Science institutions. Be sure not to use any of the warnings by the cdc, nws, nhc, etc.

Just go into your cave!

roflbot1_zps6a98c18a.jpg

Forum List

Back