House poised to pass bill cracking down on chemicals invented by Minnesota's 3M

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021

House poised to pass bill cracking down on chemicals invented by Minnesota's 3M​

The Minnesota House was poised to pass an environment budget bill Monday that includes a ban on products that contain common but toxic chemicals that 3M invented in Minnesota in the 1940s.

The chemicals, used in a broad array of retail, industrial and technology products from microprocessors to non-stick pans, have since spread all over the planet, and can be found in the blood of nearly all people. They’ve been linked to low fertility, birth defects, suppression of the immune system, thyroid disease and various cancers.

Several east metro communities have been beset with the effects of chemical contamination in their water. In 2018, Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson settled with 3M for $850 million to provide clean drinking water to east metro residents.

The bill, which still requires Senate passage, would:

Ban products that contain the toxic chemicals from being sold or distributed unless deemed essential by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.

Ban the chemicals in firefighting foam, except as allowed by federal law.

Require manufacturers of products that contain intentionally added PFAS to disclose that to the state Pollution Control Agency.

https://minnesotareformer.com/briefs/house-poised-to-pass-bill-cracking-down-on-chemicals-invented-by-

Lets ban useful chemicals but lets lets also rob the poor of their food and help. Truly weird.

Not sure the virtue of banning firefighting foam.....well maybe if it is your crap that is one fire, but not if it is mine.

House poised to pass bill cracking down on chemicals invented by Minnesota's 3M​

Lets ban useful chemicals but lets lets also rob the poor of their food and help. Truly weird.

Democrat filth target 3M because 3M has money and the filth wants it.

I'm assuming neither of you have read up on the damages PFAS have done.

A person can still cook in a pan not lined with Teflon. While clean up is easier is cancer worth the cost? That's the question. Read and think before reacting.

Democrat filth target 3M because 3M has money and the filth wants it.
Minnesota once was the classic example of progess and innovation in the Midwest. Now it's becoming a third world shithole thanks to democrat multiculturalism.

Minnesota once was the classic example of progess and innovation in the Midwest. Now it's becoming a third world shithole thanks to democrat multiculturalism.
And Chinese fentanyl that prompts the establishment of still more religions.

Minnesota once was the classic example of progess and innovation in the Midwest.

Long ago if you had a keg of flour marked "MADE IN ST. PAUL"...it was highly prized. It was the highest quality flour around.

Today that mark would mean nothing!

Long ago if you had a keg of flour marked "MADE IN ST. PAUL"...it was highly prized. It was the highest quality flour around.

Today that mark would mean nothing!
I grew up in the twin cities area. Last time I visited was almost 20 years ago. I probably wouldn't recognize it now.

I'm still here...Been looking at south dakota lately. Just across the state border where there are still a ton of lakes.
I would move to Rapid City in a heartbeat if my wife would agree. It's immaculately clean and everything in the Black Hills is close. Pierre is great and walleye fishing is best in the world.

That's overrun by Muslims now, no?

Either that or it's the invasion of hefty trash bags...not sure which.

omar5.jpg

Forum List

Back