House Of Lords Grilling Kushner

Kushner claims he didn't read the email chain Donald Jr. sent him. :lol:

Jared Kushner just threw Donald Trump Jr. under the bus. Bigly.
Jared dear, it was IN THE TITLE of the email....that YOU opened....you didn't have to read the full email Jared, it was in the Subject Title that you clicked on...
Jared and Don Jr. are trying to out-dumb each other.

They are both claiming they were too stupid to know what they were doing.

This is their actual defense!

Thus proving why nepotism is such a fucking bad idea.

I've read Kushner's statement.

So now, I've found a public copy of the statement Kushner, prior to his testimony, submitted to the Senate. I have some comments about elements of it.

From the document:
When it became apparent that my father-in-law was going to be the Republican nominee for President, as normally happens, a number of officials from foreign countries attempted to reach out to the campaign. My father-in-law asked me to be a point of contact with these foreign countries [...] over the course of the campaign, I had incoming contacts with people from approximately 15 countries.

Say what? That was Kushner's role and he saw fit to include no foreign individual in his SF-86 security clearance declarations? WTF?

I tried to be respectful of any foreign government contacts with whom it would be important to maintain an ongoing, productive working relationship were the candidate to prevail. [...] I do not recall any [phone] calls with the Russian Ambassador

Well, now, that's respectful. A phone call with the foremost representative of a foreign nation doesn't register in his memory. Okay, so he's forgetful and not particularly respectful of the position of ambassador...Well, maybe he did forget. What am I to say? My nonagenarian mother's dementia addled mind would remember talking to an ambassador.

I remember meeting and chatting with every ambassador whom I encountered at social events in Washington, and I remember my high school classmates whose foreign-office-holding parents I had occasion to meet, either during the terms or at graduation. I also remember some 20 (?) years ago going to a beaujolais nouveau release party at the Russian Embassy, I didn't meet the ambassador there, and that I didn't is also something I remember.

The only other Russian contact during the campaign is one I did not recall at all until I was reviewing documents and emails in response to congressional requests for information.

Um...Wouldn't a review of documents and emails have been an appropriate thing to do in the process of completing his SF-86 security clearance form?

As I had done in other meetings with foreign officials, [on December 1, 2016,] I asked Ambassador Kislyak if he would identify the best person (whether the Ambassador or someone else) with whom to have direct discussions and who had contact with his President.

Really? Kushner asked the Russian Ambassador a direct question and that didn't constitute "contact with a foreign official" worthy of noting on an SF-86 security clearance form?

The fact that I was asking about ways to start a dialogue after Election Day should of course be viewed as strong evidence that I was not aware of one that existed before Election Day.

So Kushner avers. It could be merely a reflection of their both realizing that ongoing direct contact with the ambassador, prior to Kushner assuming an official government role, would raise concerns and that further discussions should be conducted using lower profile conduits.

The Ambassador expressed similar sentiments about relations, and then said he especially wanted to address U.S. policy in Syria.

Say what? 18 U.S. Code § 953 - Private correspondence with foreign governments. Kushner was not a government official at the time of the discussion.

[In several instances in his statement, Kushner indicates he didn't initiate the contact with Russian officials.]

That's all well and good that Kushner didn't initiate the contact; however, 18 U.S. Code § 953 - Private correspondence with foreign governments does not discriminate based on who initiated the contact.​
on December 6, the Embassy asked if I could meet with the Ambassador on December 7. I declined. They then asked if I could meet on December 6; I declined again. They then asked when the earliest was that I could meet. I declined these requests because I was working on many other responsibilities for the transition. He asked if he could meet my assistant instead and, to avoid offending the Ambassador, I agreed.

All that and yet no mention of it in the SF-86. The Russian Embassy calls (trust me, it wasn't a random receptionist or mail clerk calling with the request) asking for a meeting, and that doesn't merit mentioning. Is Kushner so arrogant that he discounts to a level of utter insignificance a specific request for a meeting with the Russian ambassador?

My assistant reported that the Ambassador had requested that I meet with a person named Sergey Gorkov who he said was a banker and someone with a direct line to the Russian President who could give insight into how Putin was viewing the new administration and best ways to work together. I agreed to meet Mr. Gorkov because the Ambassador has been so insistent, said he had a direct relationship with the President, and because Mr. Gorkov was only in New York for a couple days. I made room on my schedule for the meeting that occurred the next day, on December 13.

What?!? We're supposed to believe that the Russian ambassador couldn't with 24 hours notice get a meeting with Kushner, but a banker having a "a direct line to the Russian President" can and does get one whereat they, not the ambassador who held that position since 2008, discuss "ways to work together?" And remember, at the time, Kushner was not a government employee.

[Kushner ostensibly describes the meeting's discussion topics.]

It's glaringly obvious that for a meeting in which "ways to work together" are supposed to be the topic of discussion, and for all Kushner's apparent specificity at varying points in the document, there's not one detail about so much as one "way to work together." Instead, there's a lot of discussion about what they didn't discuss, but nothing about what they did discuss.
Kushner then proceeds to address the SF-86 discrepancies/omissions:
my SF-86 application was prematurely submitted due to a miscommunication and initially did not list any contacts (not just with Russians) with foreign government officials.

Really? Among, if not the, most important things Kushner had to do in order to assume his position as senior advisor to the POTUS (not just some principal in the private sector, but the POTUS) was complete his SF-86 form. Yet this man, who is not a teen working a summer job or some a low level "rote work" employee who has little or no discipline or concern for not screwing up and doesn't bother to take risk mitigation steps to ensure "fool's" goof-ups don't happen, wants us to accept that the stars aligned to make such a significant mishap occur with his SF-86.

What is the nature of this miscommunication? Here again, relevant details are missing, yet the document is chock full of details that don't matter much. (All the details allow Kushner to truthfully say he provided a detailed document. The abundance of details is nice -- nobody's ever dismayed to receive details -- but the dearth of significant details is the opposite of nice, or useful.)

Well, let's see what else he has to say...

In the week before the Inauguration, amid the scramble of finalizing the unwinding of my involvement from my company, moving my family to Washington, completing the paper work to divest assets and resign from my outside positions and complete my security and financial disclosure forms, people at my New York office were helping me find the information, organize it, review it and put it into the electronic form.

Oh, Kushner had "people" helping him gather, organize and review information for his SF-86. Well, okay....But riddle me this: how does line up with his earlier attestation in the very same document? The reader recalls it, right?
The only other Russian contact during the campaign is one I did not recall at all until I was reviewing documents and emails in response to congressional requests for information.
  • Are the "people" in Kushner's NY office utter buffoons?
  • Did they collect the information and not share it with Kushner?
  • Was it they or Kushner who reviewed the information?
  • Did Kushner give his e-verify password to his NY "people" so they could complete his forms? (Doing so is a very clear security violation. Ask anyone who's had to go through that process. I've had to go through it. As a senior partner in my firm, I'm no stranger to having staff perform most "square peg in the square hole" tasks, yet that one I had to do for myself.)
Don't mistake me. I understand and accept that one, anyone, can forget a meeting. What I'm saying doesn't reconcile is Kushner's attribution of forgetfulness as the reason for the omissions and his assertion of having "people" performing a review of his records to identify his foreign contacts.

It has been reported that my submission omitted only contacts with Russians. That is not the case. In the accidental early submission of the form, all foreign contacts were omitted.

OT:
Okay, Kushner. Nice "dig" at the press. I'm sure daddy-in-law is pleased with your obliquely perpetuating the "fake news" narrative.

It may well be that some news agencies reported as Kushner notes. The reporting I read indicated that he left the whole damn thing blank. That corresponds to omitting all foreign official contacts, not just Russian ones. Perhaps, however, less rigorously thorough and discursively circumspective news organizations did indeed misrepresent the nature and extent of Kushner's omissions. I wouldn't know. I also haven't any idea why Kushner bothered to remark upon the reporting of less than first rate news organizations.

There are hoi polloi -- panderers, prevaricators, and/or low performers -- in all disciplines; their mere existence doesn't dragoon that the rest of us dare deign dignify them by delineating their sloven misdeeds and inanity as though they matter. The National Enquirer may have reported as Kushner notes, but even if they did, it's of no note.
The tone of Kushner's memo to the Senate is sufficiently forthcoming, but also quite naive sounding. Tonally, I'm pleased with the document. In terms of details and "this" attestation fitting with "that" one, I'm not convinced there's nothing untoward going on. I realize there needn't necessarily be. Reading the document, I'd have a lot of questions, just some of which I've noted above.

The Senate Intelligence (talk about an oxymoron) Committee has Jared behind closed doors this morning. No face-time for the Rats so they won't fake being earnest about this farce. The GOP Lords will lob softball questions at him while glancing at their watches. Some will get escape calls from their staff to get away from the useless hearing and others will stick around after for some real estate tips. WaPo's typical fake-news claims Jared "threw Don Jr. under the bus" by saying he escaped the meeting with the Russian babe early. Joe and Mika will claim "they finally have the goods for Trump's impeachment. Giraffe-neck Maddow will turn the whole episode into a bedtime story for her flat-lined audience. And tomorrow, it will all be forgotten.
rolleyes.gif

636313389414221033-EPA-FILE-USA-GOVERNMENT-FBI-91204396.JPG

Those beady eyes of his always gives me the creeps. Kushner always looked like he's possessed by a demon or was a rat turned human.

Those eyes do not belong to a human entity.
I always felt the same way about somebody else.

president-barack-obama_650x488_51438496200.jpg

The Senate Intelligence (talk about an oxymoron) Committee has Jared behind closed doors this morning. No face-time for the Rats so they won't fake being earnest about this farce. The GOP Lords will lob softball questions at him while glancing at their watches. Some will get escape calls from their staff to get away from the useless hearing and others will stick around after for some real estate tips. WaPo's typical fake-news claims Jared "threw Don Jr. under the bus" by saying he escaped the meeting with the Russian babe early. Joe and Mika will claim "they finally have the goods for Trump's impeachment. Giraffe-neck Maddow will turn the whole episode into a bedtime story for her flat-lined audience. And tomorrow, it will all be forgotten.
rolleyes.gif

636313389414221033-EPA-FILE-USA-GOVERNMENT-FBI-91204396.JPG

And out will pop another leak in another few days showing Kushner lied again. Count on it--LOL

Trump & Company still have never realised that they have been watched since 2015--which is why they get BUSTED on EVERYTHING.

GCHQ--
first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

The European countries that passed on electronic intelligence – known as sigint – included Germany, Estonia and Poland. Australia, a member of the “Five Eyes” spying alliance that also includes the US, UK, Canada and New Zealand, also relayed material, one source said.
British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia
British intelligence passed Trump associates' talks with Russian on to US counterparts - CNNPolitics.com

I've read Kushner's statement.

So now, I've found a public copy of the statement Kushner, prior to his testimony, submitted to the Senate. I have some comments about elements of it.

From the document:
When it became apparent that my father-in-law was going to be the Republican nominee for President, as normally happens, a number of officials from foreign countries attempted to reach out to the campaign. My father-in-law asked me to be a point of contact with these foreign countries [...] over the course of the campaign, I had incoming contacts with people from approximately 15 countries.

Say what? That was Kushner's role and he saw fit to include no foreign individual in his SF-86 security clearance declarations? WTF?

I tried to be respectful of any foreign government contacts with whom it would be important to maintain an ongoing, productive working relationship were the candidate to prevail. [...] I do not recall any [phone] calls with the Russian Ambassador

Well, now, that's respectful. A phone call with the foremost representative of a foreign nation doesn't register in his memory. Okay, so he's forgetful and not particularly respectful of the position of ambassador...Well, maybe he did forget. What am I to say? My nonagenarian mother's dementia addled mind would remember talking to an ambassador.

I remember meeting and chatting with every ambassador whom I encountered at social events in Washington, and I remember my high school classmates whose foreign-office-holding parents I had occasion to meet, either during the terms or at graduation. I also remember some 20 (?) years ago going to a beaujolais nouveau release party at the Russian Embassy, I didn't meet the ambassador there, and that I didn't is also something I remember.

Um...Wouldn't a review of documents and emails have been an appropriate thing to do in the process of completing his SF-86 security clearance form?

As I had done in other meetings with foreign officials, [on December 1, 2016,] I asked Ambassador Kislyak if he would identify the best person (whether the Ambassador or someone else) with whom to have direct discussions and who had contact with his President.

Really? Kushner asked the Russian Ambassador a direct question and that didn't constitute "contact with a foreign official" worthy of noting on an SF-86 security clearance form?

The fact that I was asking about ways to start a dialogue after Election Day should of course be viewed as strong evidence that I was not aware of one that existed before Election Day.

So Kushner avers. It could be merely a reflection of their both realizing that ongoing direct contact with the ambassador, prior to Kushner assuming an official government role, would raise concerns and that further discussions should be conducted using lower profile conduits.

The Ambassador expressed similar sentiments about relations, and then said he especially wanted to address U.S. policy in Syria.

Say what? 18 U.S. Code § 953 - Private correspondence with foreign governments. Kushner was not a government official at the time of the discussion.

[In several instances in his statement, Kushner indicates he didn't initiate the contact with Russian officials.]

That's all well and good that Kushner didn't initiate the contact; however, 18 U.S. Code § 953 - Private correspondence with foreign governments does not discriminate based on who initiated the contact.​
on December 6, the Embassy asked if I could meet with the Ambassador on December 7. I declined. They then asked if I could meet on December 6; I declined again. They then asked when the earliest was that I could meet. I declined these requests because I was working on many other responsibilities for the transition. He asked if he could meet my assistant instead and, to avoid offending the Ambassador, I agreed.

All that and yet no mention of it in the SF-86. The Russian Embassy calls (trust me, it wasn't a random receptionist or mail clerk calling with the request) asking for a meeting, and that doesn't merit mentioning. Is Kushner so arrogant that he discounts to a level of utter insignificance a specific request for a meeting with the Russian ambassador?

My assistant reported that the Ambassador had requested that I meet with a person named Sergey Gorkov who he said was a banker and someone with a direct line to the Russian President who could give insight into how Putin was viewing the new administration and best ways to work together. I agreed to meet Mr. Gorkov because the Ambassador has been so insistent, said he had a direct relationship with the President, and because Mr. Gorkov was only in New York for a couple days. I made room on my schedule for the meeting that occurred the next day, on December 13.

What?!? We're supposed to believe that the Russian ambassador couldn't with 24 hours notice get a meeting with Kushner, but a banker having a "a direct line to the Russian President" can and does get one whereat they, not the ambassador who held that position since 2008, discuss "ways to work together?" And remember, at the time, Kushner was not a government employee.

[Kushner ostensibly describes the meeting's discussion topics.]

It's glaringly obvious that for a meeting in which "ways to work together" are supposed to be the topic of discussion, and for all Kushner's apparent specificity at varying points in the document, there's not one detail about so much as one "way to work together." Instead, there's a lot of discussion about what they didn't discuss, but nothing about what they did discuss.
Kushner then proceeds to address the SF-86 discrepancies/omissions:
my SF-86 application was prematurely submitted due to a miscommunication and initially did not list any contacts (not just with Russians) with foreign government officials.

Really? Among, if not the, most important things Kushner had to do in order to assume his position as senior advisor to the POTUS (not just some principal in the private sector, but the POTUS) was complete his SF-86 form. Yet this man, who is not a teen working a summer job or some a low level "rote work" employee who has little or no discipline or concern for not screwing up and doesn't bother to take risk mitigation steps to ensure "fool's" goof-ups don't happen, wants us to accept that the stars aligned to make such a significant mishap occur with his SF-86.

What is the nature of this miscommunication? Here again, relevant details are missing, yet the document is chock full of details that don't matter much. (All the details allow Kushner to truthfully say he provided a detailed document. The abundance of details is nice -- nobody's ever dismayed to receive details -- but the dearth of significant details is the opposite of nice, or useful.)

Well, let's see what else he has to say...

In the week before the Inauguration, amid the scramble of finalizing the unwinding of my involvement from my company, moving my family to Washington, completing the paper work to divest assets and resign from my outside positions and complete my security and financial disclosure forms, people at my New York office were helping me find the information, organize it, review it and put it into the electronic form.

Oh, Kushner had "people" helping him gather, organize and review information for his SF-86. Well, okay....But riddle me this: how does line up with his earlier attestation in the very same document? The reader recalls it, right?
  • Are the "people" in Kushner's NY office utter buffoons?
  • Did they collect the information and not share it with Kushner?
  • Was it they or Kushner who reviewed the information?
  • Did Kushner give his e-verify password to his NY "people" so they could complete his forms? (Doing so is a very clear security violation. Ask anyone who's had to go through that process. I've had to go through it. As a senior partner in my firm, I'm no stranger to having staff perform most "square peg in the square hole" tasks, yet that one I had to do for myself.)
Don't mistake me. I understand and accept that one, anyone, can forget a meeting. What I'm saying doesn't reconcile is Kushner's attribution of forgetfulness as the reason for the omissions and his assertion of having "people" performing a review of his records to identify his foreign contacts.

It has been reported that my submission omitted only contacts with Russians. That is not the case. In the accidental early submission of the form, all foreign contacts were omitted.

OT:
Okay, Kushner. Nice "dig" at the press. I'm sure daddy-in-law is pleased with your obliquely perpetuating the "fake news" narrative.

It may well be that some news agencies reported as Kushner notes. The reporting I read indicated that he left the whole damn thing blank. That corresponds to omitting all foreign official contacts, not just Russian ones. Perhaps, however, less rigorously thorough and discursively circumspective news organizations did indeed misrepresent the nature and extent of Kushner's omissions. I wouldn't know. I also haven't any idea why Kushner bothered to remark upon the reporting of less than first rate news organizations.

There are hoi polloi -- panderers, prevaricators, and/or low performers -- in all disciplines; their mere existence doesn't dragoon that the rest of us dare deign dignify them by delineating their sloven misdeeds and inanity as though they matter. The National Enquirer may have reported as Kushner notes, but even if they did, it's of no note.​
The tone of Kushner's memo to the Senate is sufficiently forthcoming, but also quite naive sounding. Tonally, I'm pleased with the document. In terms of details and "this" attestation fitting with "that" one, I'm not convinced there's nothing untoward going on. I realize there needn't necessarily be. Reading the document, I'd have a lot of questions, just some of which I've noted above.

Do you remember your meeting with Russian Intelligence and The KGB who ordered you to be a Troll for Mother Russia on Social Media Sites?

"Jared Kushner did very well yesterday in proving he did not collude with the Russians. Witch Hunt. Next up, 11 year old Barron Trump!" - Trump

Forum List

Back