House GOP Declares War On Planned Parenthood Again

Since when is it the task of the government to decide how many pregnancies there should be?

The government doesn't tell anyone how many babies they can have, but it does provide services for those who can't afford it, for women's health care needs, and birth control devices or pills are a part of that....it is solely up to the individual on when to choose to have a child....

I suppose the perk for the government is if the mother chooses to plan her children, she will be more financially responsible when deciding the time of her own pregnancy, and not just deliver one baby after another that the Government will end up subsidizing with other welfare programs for the next 18 years of the child's life.

Again, it is not the role of the government to fund this. Do you feel the government should fund all adoptions, in vitro fertilizations, programs that encourage mothers to have more children, etc?
No, I don't think they should....

As I have mentioned the US gvt is so in to do do already and it is simply impossible to change things overnight that took 70 years to put in place without chaos and without seriously harming people in some cases....I don't wear blind folds, I know what is going on, but I also know that everything that needs to be done with cuts, will have consequences that will befall us all and think that we need to KNOW what those consequences will be before we make any rash moves.

We've dug a hole so deep, that the sides can cave in on us with any move we make trying to get out of it.

as example, the Private Health care industry has been subsidized for many many decades, by our federal, State and even some times even local taxes....hospitals with payments for the indigent, hospital expansions, health insurance by allowing a deduction for it, and allowing businesses to deduct these costs as well, and grants given to medical schools and nursing schools, and grants for Medical research and development, and grants or special loans given to medical students and nursing students and laboratory technician students, and with programs such as Medicare, and the Medicare Pill Bill, and Medicaid, and Chips for children's health care, and Lab grants, and Pharma guidelines and pharma research and development grants....and I am certain I have missed a gazillion other things our gvt is spending on or giving tax incentives on.... in this industry.....And I am NOT necessarily knocking all of these programs....

but what I am trying to say is that turning back now is near impossible....especially for the poorer women who utilize planned parenthood for their medical needs....

Prices in the market place for medical care are out of whack, with the money that poor or middle class families take in...

I can certainly recognize that "the free market" has not been functioning to lower prices because of all of our government's involvement in so many many many different areas of the industry....there's been no reason for them to worry about raising prices all these years, because they had a guaranteed customer, with the US and State gvts, with only minor constraints on increases.

Due to this, these lower middle class women, and poorer women can not afford the unnaturally inflated prices that are in the "market" for the necessary services they need....basically-'they would be put out on to the street with no where to go', and none of this was truly their doing. (and sorry, this someone with the handle of Care4all, just can't accept that)

Hind site is 20/20, so they say.

So, I am sure you are asking, where do we go from here? And thinking...somebody is going to get hurt sooner or later... but in my mind, who can we hurt the least when trying to get out of this mess....I'd like to see those already hurting in one form or another for no cause of their own regarding this mess, hurt the least...yes a tongue twister, and even more difficult to accomplish than mouth, but still a goal, none the less....

What can be done? Where does the Affordable Care Act fit in? Why accept it or reject it, at this point in time? All valid questions among many others...and all open in my mind to debate, one by one....

or what business of the gvt to spend on abstinence only programs? because if its about the 'tax money' being spent then it shouldn't be used for abstinence programs either, right?

They'd be happy enough just defunding PP. It's agenda driven and all they are about. So some women will go without preventative care, it's not a gop issue so they don't care.

The poor folks that PP help hardly vote Republican so the GOP says "Fuck off, and die"
Stupid ass appeal to emotion.

PP is going to be redundant in two years.

Eliminate redundant spending.

Secondly, PP is NOT a government entity; is a non-profit. It should do what all other non profits do - compete for grants. This ensures the most effective services - if even needed - for the grant.

Somehow, this organization is now pseudo-government and has no competition for grants? Oh hell no!

Last edited:
How can a woman miss 5 or 6 periods and not think she's pregnant? That's fucking LUDICROUS!!

You don't know much about women, do you? She can still have her period while pregnant. How do I know? Because one of my friends had a baby without even knowing she was pregnant, and another friend was five months gone before she found out she was expecting.

Educate yourself about women.

Stop lying, BITCH!

PP doesn't do breast exams, mammograms or pap smears! They do ABORTIONS!

They refer everything else to somebody else.

Women's Health

Breast exams, pap smears, tests for STI's - you are wrong. Admit it.

I'm not wrong, PP TALKS about those things, but PP doesn't DO those things.

They'll simply refer you to somebody else that DOES them.

PP does abortions, though. "Take a number, Miss, we'll be right with you."

Stop lying, BITCH!

PP doesn't do breast exams, mammograms or pap smears! They do ABORTIONS!

They refer everything else to somebody else.

Women's Health

So have you gone into a PP and asked them? Can you prove that they refer you?
Nope.

How can a woman miss 5 or 6 periods and not think she's pregnant? That's fucking LUDICROUS!!

You don't know much about women, do you? She can still have her period while pregnant. How do I know? Because one of my friends had a baby without even knowing she was pregnant, and another friend was five months gone before she found out she was expecting.

I'm no Ob/Gyn, but I did get an A in Biology.

Can You Have Your Menstrual Period While Pregnant?

Many women report having their period while pregnant, but typically this is not the case. The reason why this cannot be is that pregnancy and menstruation cannot take place at the same time, by the very definition of the two. If you were pregnant and you began menstruating you would inevitably lose the pregnancy, or have a miscarriage. While you cannot have your period and continue to be pregnant at the same time you can experience vaginal bleeding and continue to be pregnant. It is often this vaginal bleeding that women believe is their menstrual cycle when it is not.

More at link...

Many women report having their period while pregnant, but typically this is not the case. The reason why this cannot be is that pregnancy and menstruation cannot take place at the same time, by the very definition of the two. If you were pregnant and you began menstruating you would inevitably lose the pregnancy, or have a miscarriage. While you cannot have your period and continue to be pregnant at the same time you can experience vaginal bleeding and continue to be pregnant. It is often this vaginal bleeding that women believe is their menstrual cycle when it is not.

More at link...

Women can and DO get their periods while pregnant. Each month, a regular cycle. I imagine women would know. Please don't assume you know better - you're a man, after all.

And if it was bleeding in pregnancy, why would it appear at regular intervals all through the pregnancy?

Women's Health

Nope.

Not in the last 20 years, no. Hell, read your own fucking link and use your brain for a change.

There are many health issues that only affect women. This section focuses on women's health issues.

You may also want to read about other women's sexual health topics, such as abortion, birth control, pregnancy, and STDs.

There is much we can do to protect our health. Routine visits with a health care provider can help prevent illness and can find problems that may need treatment. Pelvic exams, Pap tests, and screenings for breast cancer are all vital health care needs for women. And for women with abnormal Pap test results, tests and treatments used to prevent cervical cancer — colposcopy, cryotherapy, and LEEP — can save lives.

Our goal at Planned Parenthood is to give you up-to-date, clear information that helps you better understand your reproductive health. We hope these pages give you the facts and tools you need to protect your health and the health of women you care about.

If you have more questions or concerns about your health, we can help. Staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can talk with you and help you get the care you need.
Notice that none of these highlighted things are actually providing the service, they're just TALKING about it. The bottom statement should make it clear to you if you'd take off your blinders for a minute.

One other thing... I'd be willing to bet that you've NEVER been inside a PP center, have you?

Nope.

Not in the last 20 years, no. Hell, read your own fucking link and use your brain for a change.

There are many health issues that only affect women. This section focuses on women's health issues.

You may also want to read about other women's sexual health topics, such as abortion, birth control, pregnancy, and STDs.

There is much we can do to protect our health. Routine visits with a health care provider can help prevent illness and can find problems that may need treatment. Pelvic exams, Pap tests, and screenings for breast cancer are all vital health care needs for women. And for women with abnormal Pap test results, tests and treatments used to prevent cervical cancer — colposcopy, cryotherapy, and LEEP — can save lives.

Our goal at Planned Parenthood is to give you up-to-date, clear information that helps you better understand your reproductive health. We hope these pages give you the facts and tools you need to protect your health and the health of women you care about.

If you have more questions or concerns about your health, we can help. Staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can talk with you and help you get the care you need.
Notice that none of these highlighted things are actually providing the service, they're just TALKING about it. The bottom statement should make it clear to you if you'd take off your blinders for a minute.

One other thing... I'd be willing to bet that you've NEVER been inside a PP center, have you?

Nothing there says they provide abortions, is there? They might just refer you..

And of course I haven't been inside a fucking Planned Parenthood. PP is an American organisation. I live in Australia.

More at link...

Women can and DO get their periods while pregnant. Each month, a regular cycle. I imagine women would know. Please don't assume you know better - you're a man, after all.

And if it was bleeding in pregnancy, why would it appear at regular intervals all through the pregnancy?

Yes, I'm a man, that's why I take the word of doctors and scientists and biology teachers.

The ONLY way a woman can have a true menstrual cycle and remain pregnant is if that pregnancy is ectopic. Those are not only very rare, they're also very dangerous.

I'm surprised you don't know this stuff, being a woman and all...

Yes, I'm a man, that's why I take the word of doctors and scientists and biology teachers.

The ONLY way a woman can have a true menstrual cycle and remain pregnant is if that pregnancy is ectopic. Those are not only very rare, they're also very dangerous.

I know more about being a woman than any man ever will.

Nope.

Nothing there says they provide abortions, is there? They might just refer you..

And of course I haven't been inside a fucking Planned Parenthood. PP is an American organisation. I live in Australia.

Oh, they do abortions, you can believe that. It's a multi-million dollar cash cow for them.

And yet you falsely believe that women can remain pregnant while having regular menses. You do understand what the biological process is, don't you?

And yet you falsely believe that women can remain pregnant while having regular menses. You do understand what the biological process is, don't you?

Then explain why the bleed arrives every month on the correct date? Exactly like a period. Funny, that.

Forum List

Back