House GOP Declares War On Planned Parenthood Again

helping to pay for mammograms and PAP smears and other uterine cancer tests, and providing gyno care for the poor woman, along with prenatal care, birth control, etc etc makes sense to me verses paying for abstinence program funding, paying for nothing.

gop is taking funds from actual medical care for the neediest women...and putting those tax monies towards abstinence funding....? makes no sense to me...
If they are so needy they will have medicaid . You guys wanted Obamacare you got it. The only thing Plan Parenthood will do is abortions ..
The insurance that Obama is making everyone else have will cover everything else.Mamograms,birth control ect will have NO COPAY . So what is the problem
Yes, I can see not needing these services once the ACA is in full force....but that will take a few years and Planned Parenthood does a lot a good, for right now.....

Medicaid covers ONLY the very very poorest, those slightly above the cut off or without children are not put on medicaid....those on medicaid don't need to use planned parenthood, they have insurance. Planned parenthood is NOT FREE for many who use the medical services, it is on a rolling scale based on family or individual income.

If and when the ACAct becomes full fledged, then the funds should be cut off to PP....but not before then.

I have no problems with abstinence programs, I do have a problem with these congress critters taking money away from PP and the medical care they give and using this money for abstinence funding when the 2 have nothing to do with each other.....the gvt does not fund abortions at PP, that's the law.....so the only funding these jerks are taking from PP and sending to Abstinence only programs is the money used for gyno check ups, PAP smears, mammograms, prenatal care and birth control devices or pills.

Last edited:
helping to pay for mammograms and PAP smears and other uterine cancer tests, and providing gyno care for the poor woman, along with prenatal care, birth control, etc etc makes sense to me verses paying for abstinence program funding, paying for nothing.

Paying for those things used to make sense to Republicans too. They used to support Family Planning.

gop is taking funds from actual medical care for the neediest women...and putting those tax monies towards abstinence funding....? makes no sense to me...
If they are so needy they will have medicaid . You guys wanted Obamacare you got it. The only thing Plan Parenthood will do is abortions ..
The insurance that Obama is making everyone else have will cover everything else.Mamograms,birth control ect will have NO COPAY . So what is the problem
Yes, I can see not needing these services once the ACA is in full force....but that will take a few years and Planned Parenthood does a lot a good, for right now.....

Medicaid covers ONLY the very very poorest, those slightly above the cut off or without children are not put on medicaid....those on medicaid don't need to use planned parenthood, they have insurance. Planned parenthood is NOT FREE for many who use the medical services, it is on a rolling scale based on family or individual income.

If and when the ACAct becomes full fledged, then the funds should be cut off to PP....but not before then.

I have no problems with abstinence programs, I do have a problem with these congress critters taking money away from PP and the medical care they give and using this money for abstinence funding when the 2 have nothing to do with each other.....the gvt does not fund abortions at PP, that's the law.....so the only funding these jerks are taking from PP and sending to Abstinence only programs is the money used for gyno check ups, PAP smears, mammograms, prenatal care and birth control devices or pills.

It is not the business to the Federal government to fund this. The Roman Catholic Church does a lot of good too. Do you think the Federal government should fund the Roman Catholic Church?

It is not the business to the Federal government to fund this. The Roman Catholic Church does a lot of good too. Do you think the Federal government should fund the Roman Catholic Church?

that's silly...separation of church and state....plus the Roman Catholic Church doesn't pay taxes...they are a tax exempt entity...just like all churches.

but just a question...how much federal funding do Catholic Charities get from the federal government?

that's silly...separation of church and state....plus the Roman Catholic Church doesn't pay taxes...they are a tax exempt entity...just like all churches.

but just a question...how much federal funding do Catholic Charities get from the federal government?

No it is not silly. If the best people can come up with to justifu PP getting federal funding is that "they do a lot of good" then everybody who does good should get federal funding. That's ridiculous.
There is no basis whatsoever for government funding of PP.

Planned Parenthood doesn't even OFFER mammograms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umI-gLEC6C8]PLANNED PARENTHOOD CEO'S FALSE MAMMOGRAM CLAIM EXPOSED - YouTube[/ame]

FYI Artiverde, Near 50% of the Catholic Charity Programs for the sick, the needy, and their Universities, is funded by the Government. Faith Based Charity tax dollar spending increased greatly under the Republicans and President Bush with their Faith Based Initiative Bill.

And I am not discounting or belittling how you view this, I just happen to disagree with it at this point in "the game"....I think it would be less disruptive and better for all of mankind on the whole, to keep services available for women's reproductive health and prenatal health, during these recession times and until the ACA is fully enacted, and NOT USE THIS MONEY from the services at Planned parenthood for Abstinence Funding.....as the republicans want to do right now.

We are so deep in to this gvt spending/involvement do do....I can appreciate and understand the concern over it...but this is when we have to choose wisely, and choosing wisely would be spending on Planned Parenthood and not spending on abstinence funding and emergency funding down the road due to lack of early, preemptive care... as the Repubs are trying to do with this measure.

FYI Artiverde, Near 50% of the Catholic Charity Programs for the sick, the needy, and their Universities, is funded by the Government. Faith Based Charity tax dollar spending increased greatly under the Republicans and President Bush with their Faith Based Initiative Bill.

And I am not discounting or belittling how you view this, I just happen to disagree with it at this point in "the game"....I think it would be less disruptive and better for all of mankind on the whole, to keep services available for women's reproductive health and prenatal health, during these recession times and until the ACA is fully enacted, and NOT USE THIS MONEY from the services at Planned parenthood for Abstinence Funding.....as the republicans want to do right now.

We are so deep in to this gvt spending/involvement do do....I can appreciate and understand the concern over it...but this is when we have to choose wisely, and choosing wisely would be spending on Planned Parenthood and not spending on abstinence funding and emergency funding down the road due to lack of early, preemptive care... as the Repubs are trying to do with this measure.

You still haven't come up with any real justification why the government should be funding Planned Parenthood. This is a total waste of money.

You still haven't come up with any real justification why the government should be funding Planned Parenthood. This is a total waste of money.
less pregnancies, more are planned...that alone helps with emergency room costs for prenatal care, labor and delivery costs for preventable problem births with early care, less money spent down the road on sickly preemie babies, less money spent on cancer treatment if caught early (and more lives saved)....there are huge savings with preventative care vs emergency care once crap has hit the fan....and right now the US gvt funds emergency care if the person can not afford it, which is much more costly than preventative care....without planned parenthood and other health care clinics throughout our nation, the gvt spending on health services for the needy would GO UP long term, one is related to the other...

Last edited:

less pregnancies, more are planned...that alone helps with emergency room costs for prenatal care, labor and delivery costs for preventable problem births with early care, less money spent down the road on a sickly preemie baby, less money spent on cancer treatment if caught early (and more lives saved)....there are huge savings with preventative care vs emergency care once crap has hit the fan....and right now the US gvt funds emergency care if the person can not afford it, which is much more costly than preventative care....without planned parenthood and other health care clinics throughout our nation, the gvt spending on health services for the needy would GO UP long term, one is related to the other...

Since when is it the task of the government to decide how many pregnancies there should be?

less pregnancies, more are planned...that alone helps with emergency room costs for prenatal care, labor and delivery costs for preventable problem births with early care, less money spent down the road on a sickly preemie baby, less money spent on cancer treatment if caught early (and more lives saved)....there are huge savings with preventative care vs emergency care once crap has hit the fan....and right now the US gvt funds emergency care if the person can not afford it, which is much more costly than preventative care....without planned parenthood and other health care clinics throughout our nation, the gvt spending on health services for the needy would GO UP long term, one is related to the other...

Since when is it the task of the government to decide how many pregnancies there should be?

The government doesn't tell anyone how many babies they can have, but it does provide services for those who can't afford it, for women's health care needs, and birth control devices or pills are a part of that....it is solely up to the individual on when to choose to have a child....

I suppose the perk for the government is if the mother chooses to plan her children, she will be more financially responsible when deciding the time of her own pregnancy, and not just deliver one baby after another that the Government will end up subsidizing with other welfare programs for the next 18 years of the child's life.

Why should Planned Parenthood be funded by the government?

Because women are important.

Americans are important... regardless of gender, race or religion. If the left would stop turning everything into a 'war on xxx' and argue on the merits of the specific issue, we'd have a more rational approach to government. Unfortunately, it appears that is just too damned hard for the left wing.

this is a joke right?

The Battle for the War on Women - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/16/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

shut the fuck up you hack.

The problem with planned parenthood is that they have a financial interest in more abortions. The fewer abortions the less money they get. Every time a woman decides to have a baby, PP sees dollar bills flying out the window.

How ignorant to think that Planned Parenthood speaks for all women.

And again, what business is it of the government to fund Planned Parenthood?
or what business of the gvt to spend on abstinence only programs? because if its about the 'tax money' being spent then it shouldn't be used for abstinence programs either, right?

They'd be happy enough just defunding PP. It's agenda driven and all they are about. So some women will go without preventative care, it's not a gop issue so they don't care.

The poor folks that PP help hardly vote Republican so the GOP says "Fuck off, and die"

By Laura Bassett

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) released a labor, health and education spending bill on Tuesday that would defund Planned Parenthood and Title X, block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, allow any employer to deny women birth control coverage under the ACA for "moral reasons" and increase spending for abstinence-only education.

Specifically, the bill prevents federal dollars from flowing to Planned Parenthood clinics until the family planning provider can certify that it no longer offers abortions, even though Planned Parenthood only uses federal money for non-abortion services.

The legislation also states that none of its funds can be used to carry out the Title X family planning program or be used to "implement, administer, enforce, or further the provisions" of the Affordable Care Act.

The bill scraps the provision in Obamacare that requires insurance plans to cover birth control and other preventative health services, allowing any issuer or sponsor of a group health insurance plan to refuse to cover any health care service "on the basis of religious beliefs or moral convictions." It also increases restrictions on educating abortion physicians beyond current law and allocates $20 million for "competitive grants to provide abstinence education to adolescents."

More: GOP Spending Bill Aims To Defund Planned Parenthood, Up Abstinence-Only Funds (UPDATE)

With respect to the bold part, money is fungible.

republicans-in-your-vagina.jpg
I see your problem. You have a child in your uterus. Let me dismember that and get it out of there for you.

Forum List

Back