House GOP Declares War On Planned Parenthood Again

helping to pay for mammograms and PAP smears and other uterine cancer tests, and providing gyno care for the poor woman, along with prenatal care, birth control, etc etc makes sense to me verses paying for abstinence program funding, paying for nothing.

gop is taking funds from actual medical care for the neediest women...and putting those tax monies towards abstinence funding....? makes no sense to me...

The more they attack women, the more likely they are to lose the election.

The GOP forget that women vote.

How ignorant to think that Planned Parenthood speaks for all women.

And again, what business is it of the government to fund Planned Parenthood?
or what business of the gvt to spend on abstinence only programs? because if its about the 'tax money' being spent then it shouldn't be used for abstinence programs either, right?

They'd be happy enough just defunding PP. It's agenda driven and all they are about. So some women will go without preventative care, it's not a gop issue so they don't care.

helping to pay for mammograms and PAP smears and other uterine cancer tests, and providing gyno care for the poor woman, along with prenatal care, birth control, etc etc makes sense to me verses paying for abstinence program funding, paying for nothing.

gop is taking funds from actual medical care for the neediest women...and putting those tax monies towards abstinence funding....? makes no sense to me...

I guess you're a hypocrite. That is your right.

I understand.

The Rethugs hate welfare recipients. They hate poor people. They hate women.

Now what better place to concentrate your hate and anger than toward the people that are trying to help mostly poorer people from having kids they don't want and keeping poorer women from recieving medical care they do need. Which I am sure helps keep the poorer person out of the emergency room of a hospital.

So the Rethugs in Congress takes a look and sees Planned Parenhood. And it is like a threefer. When they go after PP, they must all cum in their pants. I say this cause they keep doing it over and over. Must make them feel really good about themselves.

Where you all think the Rethugs are hiding all the jobs? Remember; jobs jobs jobs. That's what they are all about. LMFAO.

Why do the FEDs need to give money to these people anymore. We have your precious OBAMACARE now. . We all have to carry insurance. They can go for cancer screenings at their doctor now.. NO MORE TAX MONEY to plan Parenthood is needed with OBAMACARE period
Birth control is going to be free under obamacare.. And you say something about Breitbart TV when you always use the leftwing BLOG Huffington post.

Your response would make more sense if the bill in question wasn't also attempting to de-fund the ACA.

I understand.

Now what better place to concentrate your hate and anger than toward the people that are trying to help mostly poorer people from having kids they don't want and keeping poorer women from recieving medical care they do need. Which I am sure helps keep the poorer person out of the emergency room of a hospital.

So the Rethugs in Congress takes a look and sees Planned Parenhood. And it is like a threefer. When they go after PP, they must all cum in their pants. I say this cause they keep doing it over and over. Must make them feel really good about themselves.

Where you all think the Rethugs are hiding all the jobs? Remember; jobs jobs jobs. That's what they are all about. LMFAO.

aren't they all considered Freeloader, Moochers? that's what you people are now calling people who don't want to be FORCED to buy Government insurance

By Laura Bassett

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) released a labor, health and education spending bill on Tuesday that would defund Planned Parenthood and Title X, block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, allow any employer to deny women birth control coverage under the ACA for "moral reasons" and increase spending for abstinence-only education.

Specifically, the bill prevents federal dollars from flowing to Planned Parenthood clinics until the family planning provider can certify that it no longer offers abortions, even though Planned Parenthood only uses federal money for non-abortion services.

The legislation also states that none of its funds can be used to carry out the Title X family planning program or be used to "implement, administer, enforce, or further the provisions" of the Affordable Care Act.

The bill scraps the provision in Obamacare that requires insurance plans to cover birth control and other preventative health services, allowing any issuer or sponsor of a group health insurance plan to refuse to cover any health care service "on the basis of religious beliefs or moral convictions." It also increases restrictions on educating abortion physicians beyond current law and allocates $20 million for "competitive grants to provide abstinence education to adolescents."

More: GOP Spending Bill Aims To Defund Planned Parenthood, Up Abstinence-Only Funds (UPDATE)

Well, in fairness, PP has not done much to endear themselves to the GOP.

That having been said; the REAL issue is title funding, of which PP is just one stakeholder. The county and city health clinics which are much more prevalant and offer a wider variety of services to the public are collaterally damaged by the GOP strangling off title funding.

Obama's Jihad on Americas Christians rolls on. They have to practice their religion to Obama's liking

Why should Planned Parenthood be funded by the government?

Because women are important.

Americans are important... regardless of gender, race or religion. If the left would stop turning everything into a 'war on xxx' and argue on the merits of the specific issue, we'd have a more rational approach to government. Unfortunately, it appears that is just too damned hard for the left wing.

if Americans are important, why do you support an agenda that fucks most of us and only benefits a few?

You're right about the ideological wars though....The war on drugs and the war on terror come to the forefront of my mind. The war on drugs that Reagan declared has cost perhaps trillions of dollars over 40 years of pissing in the wind. it also has denied freedom and liberty to an untold number of people who have sat or are now sitting in prison because they wanted to smoke some pot....non-violent people...people with families.

The war on terror has limited each and every one of our freedoms to one extent or another with the Patriot Act, and the Department of Homeland Security has cost us upwards of a trillion dollars since it's inception. We already had the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY(NSA), The CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY(CIA), and the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION(FBI)....did we really need yet another layer of redundancy to ease our fears?

I hear none of you Conservatives blathering about that....Just don't let some poor woman get her mammogram or lap smear paid for.

I understand.

aren't they all considered Freeloader, Moochers? that's what you people are now calling people who don't want to be FORCED to buy Government insurance

well fuck girl....that's what you guys call everyone these days...except for business owners of course.

Ah, but Obamacare will provide those same things. There is no need to pay twice for the same thing. Defund it, O-care will cover the same. PP is redundant in the wake of O-care.

Ah, but Obamacare will provide those same things. There is no need to pay twice for the same thing. Defund it, O-care will cover the same. PP is redundant in the wake of O-care.

great...then stop trying to repeal and/or defund the AHCA. Once you do that, then we might be able to have a legitimate discourse on defunding PP.

that's right...

PP should go get some more Obama money, he has all kinds to give away it seems

If they are so needy they will have medicaid . You guys wanted Obamacare you got it. The only thing Plan Parenthood will do is abortions ..
The insurance that Obama is making everyone else have will cover everything else.Mamograms,birth control ect will have NO COPAY . So what is the problem

Forum List

Back