House GOP Declares Unanimously: Bush Tax Cuts Did Not Blow Up The Budget

Every House Republican voted Thursday to reject the proposition that the Bush tax cuts added to the deficit.

"When the Republicans passed the Bush Tax Cuts, they told us that they would pay for themselves," Peters said in an official statement. "We now know that this added over $2 trillion to the deficit and by forcing an up or down vote on this amendment, I'm giving House Republicans the opportunity to recognize this fact."

House Dem To Force Vote: Did Bush Tax Cuts Add To The Deficit

------------------------------------------------------

Republicans voted unanimously to rewrite history and it worked. History has been rewritten. They are amazing.

Why are the House Democrats doing this shit?

WTF does it accomplish? Or are they 12 years old?

To put the Republican Party on record for something they want to blame on this president. It's how politics work.

Tax cuts didn't cause the deficit problem government spending did. Did you know that tax revenues were higher during the first three years of the Bush Presidency than they have been during the first three years of the Obama Presidency? So how is that? How do you have tax cuts and have more revenue?

Yet even though there has been less tax revenue, government expenditures have exploded in the last three years.

The Bush tax cuts were still in effect in the first 3 years of Obama's presidency you moron.

Exactly!
Because of obamaturds over spending, maroon.

What will they ‘declare’ next? Obama’s responsible for the December 2007 recession?

There are people in this topic trying very hard to do just that.

Obama also caused AIDS. And Roe v. Wade.

Every House Republican voted Thursday to reject the proposition that the Bush tax cuts added to the deficit.

"When the Republicans passed the Bush Tax Cuts, they told us that they would pay for themselves," Peters said in an official statement. "We now know that this added over $2 trillion to the deficit and by forcing an up or down vote on this amendment, I'm giving House Republicans the opportunity to recognize this fact."

Republicans voted unanimously to rewrite history and it worked. History has been rewritten. They are amazing.

Why are the House Democrats doing this shit?

WTF does it accomplish? Or are they 12 years old?

To put the Republican Party on record for something they want to blame on this president. It's how politics work.

No it's not.

Stop being a child.

Most estimates put the loss of revenue around $2-$3 trillion for the years of 2001-2009. Even the free market guru, Alan Greenspan, admits this.

MR. GREGORY: You don’t agree with Republican leaders who say tax cuts pay for themselves?

MR. GREENSPAN: They do not.

Who in their right mind lowers taxes, starts a war, and then lowers taxes again? Bush and pals.

Most no conservative defends Bush's spending... but that spending, past spending, and our massive spending now is the problem... not the tax cuts that were made (even though all of us who got cuts still pay infinitely more in federal income tax than ~47% of the citizen populace)

Yes, spending is a problem, but conservatives have a history of finding their fiscal conservative roots when they are out of power.

Regardless, deficits are caused by spending more than you take in. There are two parts to the equation and you are only looking at one part. The Bush tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and most estimates put the loss of revenue at around $2-$3 trillion during 2001-2009.

The problem is not that you take in less.. just as when you have to take a pay cut or a lower paying job.. the problem is when that happens that you keep spending at the same or higher levels..

We have had a continual spending problem with our power hungry government extending its tendrils EVERYWHERE when it has no power to do so...

Yes.. many REPs have not practiced what they have preached... but that is better than DEMs who preach to tax more AND spend more

Giving tax breaks to the rich while launching 2 wars, never been done. And for a reason. They said it wouldn't hurt but turns out they were wrong. We have reasons to believe they did it on purpose. To bankrupt the government so they could kill social programs.

And they benefitted from it. The wars? They benefitted. Sending jobs overseas? They benefitted.

So they benefitted from the destroying the American middle class.

Plus they could use the recession to cut social programs they hate.

Still the debt rises. They haven't even put a dent in it.

They talk about deficits but never about the debt. Unless they want to blame Obama for it. What a joke. But I guess since people don't know the difference between debt and deficit, it's an effective tactic.

Raise taxes on the rich
Tarriff companies that went overseas.
Give them a year to come back tax free
Stop all the military spending we waste protecting corporation's interests overseas.
Corporations should pay more taxes. The GOP shifted the burden onto the middle class.

That's weird, when Republicans enact a policy that turns out to be a devastating failure, they usually admit fault and work on correcting it right away. :confused:

Would you mind if I added that to my signature? It's beautifully written. It's rare that so few words could contain this much truth by saying the complete opposite. This is that rare combination of humor and satire that hits the ball out of the park.

Why not put a lie in your signature. Everything about you is one large pile of steaming owl crap.

He can't prove his comment without a standard which we would then use to cream the democrats.

Keep up the lie...idiot.

Tax cuts didn't cause the deficit problem government spending did. Did you know that tax revenues were higher during the first three years of the Bush Presidency than they have been during the first three years of the Obama Presidency? So how is that? How do you have tax cuts and have more revenue?

Yet even though there has been less tax revenue, government expenditures have exploded in the last three years.

The Bush tax cuts were still in effect in the first 3 years of Obama's presidency you moron.

Moron all of these tax hikes have been enacted since Obama became President...

Americans for Tax Reform :: Comprehensive List of Obama Tax Hikes

and then we have....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waw2F5dQMgE]President Obama on taxing the RICH - rich people needs to pay more - YouTube[/ame]

No wonder corporate America is sitting on trillions in capital instead of hiring and expanding their businesses....

And take back the Federal Reserve. Private International Banks own it and we pay them interest.

Interest on the debt soon will be one of the biggest contributors to the debt!!! Why are we paying bankers to manage our money? And where is the gold?

What is the quote? Forget the military. Give me control of a countries finances and I'll own that country?

Here is what an adult would do:

Rather than point fingers and call names, if they were serious, they would introduce a bill to repeal the tax cuts.

It doesn't work that way. First, it was passed under reconciliation and then Republicans held millions of Americans hostage threatening to cut off their unemployment if the tax cuts weren't extended. Making millions of Americans suffer is nothing new to Republicans. It comes easy to their right wing conservative values. We see that when they applaud executions and shout out "Let him Die".

Go ahead, challenge me and say it's not true.

Of course, you will be rewriting history and calling the conservative Christian Science Monitor a "liar".

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Moron all of these tax hikes have been enacted since Obama became President...

Americans for Tax Reform :: Comprehensive List of Obama Tax Hikes

and then we have....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waw2F5dQMgE]President Obama on taxing the RICH - rich people needs to pay more - YouTube[/ame]

No wonder corporate America is sitting on trillions in capital instead of hiring and expanding their businesses....

Business has said it will not hire without more demand. That's how capitalism works.

That's weird, when Republicans enact a policy that turns out to be a devastating failure, they usually admit fault and work on correcting it right away. :confused:

Would you mind if I added that to my signature? It's beautifully written. It's rare that so few words could contain this much truth by saying the complete opposite. This is that rare combination of humor and satire that hits the ball out of the park.

Why not put a lie in your signature. Everything about you is one large pile of steaming owl crap.

He can't prove his comment without a standard which we would then use to cream the democrats.

Keep up the lie...idiot.

Being accused of lying without proof is like, well, "rewriting history".

How many Democrats voted for this proclamation again?

Hello, you said that the GOP Congress had single digit approval ratings? right?

You could more accurately state it this way,

No wonder...
The Democratic Senate has single digit approval ratings
and the GOP led House has single digit approval ratings..

I don't see a number there.

Point is Americans are disgusted with both Democrats and Repulicans in Congress

Most no conservative defends Bush's spending... but that spending, past spending, and our massive spending now is the problem... not the tax cuts that were made (even though all of us who got cuts still pay infinitely more in federal income tax than ~47% of the citizen populace)

Yes, spending is a problem, but conservatives have a history of finding their fiscal conservative roots when they are out of power.

Regardless, deficits are caused by spending more than you take in. There are two parts to the equation and you are only looking at one part. The Bush tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and most estimates put the loss of revenue at around $2-$3 trillion during 2001-2009.

The problem is not that you take in less.. just as when you have to take a pay cut or a lower paying job.. the problem is when that happens that you keep spending at the same or higher levels..

We have had a continual spending problem with our power hungry government extending its tendrils EVERYWHERE when it has no power to do so...

Yes.. many REPs have not practiced what they have preached... but that is better than DEMs who preach to tax more AND spend more

Your analogy does not hold since we didn't "need to take a pay cut" during the Bush years. The Bush government only had to take a pay cut since they implemented the pay cut.

I have many criticisms about the current Dem's economic policies, but what did you expect them to do when Republicans handed them over a disaster of an economy? Not to spend? Plus, taxes have only went down under Obama, yet people still clamor that Dems have been increasing taxes.

You are free to create this holier than thou argument, but it is just a red herring in disguise to divert away from the original topic.

Rather than point fingers and call names, if they were serious, they would introduce a bill to repeal the tax cuts.

It doesn't work that way. First, it was passed under reconciliation and then Republicans held millions of Americans hostage threatening to cut off their unemployment if the tax cuts weren't extended. Making millions of Americans suffer is nothing new to Republicans. It comes easy to their right wing conservative values. We see that when they applaud executions and shout out "Let him Die".

Of course, you will be rewriting history and calling the conservative Christian Science Monitor a "liar".

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

That had to be my favorite "compromise" of the last few years.

Yes, we can keep up the increased spending, so long as we can also keep the reduced revenue.

Then we continued to have record deficits? :eek: How did this happen!?

Straw man.

Passing a bill saying it is Bush's fault is just partisan, childish, waste-of-time bullshit.

I guess this is the 0.01% time you're wrong, eh?

And take back the Federal Reserve. Private International Banks own it and we pay them interest.

Interest on the debt soon will be one of the biggest contributors to the debt!!! Why are we paying bankers to manage our money? And where is the gold?

What is the quote? Forget the military. Give me control of a countries finances and I'll own that country?

Let's wipe $1.6 trillion off the debt.
Ron Paul

Forum List

Back