House GOP Declares Unanimously: Bush Tax Cuts Did Not Blow Up The Budget

Most estimates put the loss of revenue around $2-$3 trillion for the years of 2001-2009. Even the free market guru, Alan Greenspan, admits this.

MR. GREGORY: You don’t agree with Republican leaders who say tax cuts pay for themselves?

MR. GREENSPAN: They do not.

Who in their right mind lowers taxes, starts a war, and then lowers taxes again? Bush and pals.

You're wrong. They were "outta" their minds.

That's weird, when Republicans enact a policy that turns out to be a devastating failure, they usually admit fault and work on correcting it right away. :confused:

roflmaok.jpg

This is what the GOP congress is reduced to? Proclamations of nuh uh!!!!????

No wonder they have single digit approval.

Btw it's hard to call it a GOP congress, when the Dems control the Senate.

You do realize that the Senate is a part of Congress don't you?

Just so I'm clear, are you talking about the "filibuster" Senate or the House where the vote was taken?

Every House Republican voted Thursday to reject the proposition that the Bush tax cuts added to the deficit.

"When the Republicans passed the Bush Tax Cuts, they told us that they would pay for themselves," Peters said in an official statement. "We now know that this added over $2 trillion to the deficit and by forcing an up or down vote on this amendment, I'm giving House Republicans the opportunity to recognize this fact."

House Dem To Force Vote: Did Bush Tax Cuts Add To The Deficit

------------------------------------------------------

Republicans voted unanimously to rewrite history and it worked. History has been rewritten. They are amazing.

Tax cuts didn't cause the deficit problem government spending did. Did you know that tax revenues were higher during the first three years of the Bush Presidency than they have been during the first three years of the Obama Presidency? So how is that? How do you have tax cuts and have more revenue?

Yet even though there has been less tax revenue, government expenditures have exploded in the last three years.

The Bush tax cuts were still in effect in the first 3 years of Obama's presidency you moron.

Most estimates put the loss of revenue around $2-$3 trillion for the years of 2001-2009. Even the free market guru, Alan Greenspan, admits this.

MR. GREGORY: You don’t agree with Republican leaders who say tax cuts pay for themselves?

MR. GREENSPAN: They do not.

Who in their right mind lowers taxes, starts a war, and then lowers taxes again? Bush and pals.

Most no conservative defends Bush's spending... but that spending, past spending, and our massive spending now is the problem... not the tax cuts that were made (even though all of us who got cuts still pay infinitely more in federal income tax than ~47% of the citizen populace)

Yes, spending is a problem, but conservatives have a history of finding their fiscal conservative roots when they are out of power.

Regardless, deficits are caused by spending more than you take in. There are two parts to the equation and you are only looking at one part. The Bush tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and most estimates put the loss of revenue at around $2-$3 trillion during 2001-2009.

Last edited:
Gosh! Do you think it might have something to do with the crash?

Nooooooo! Couldn't be!

Thanks for making my point.

The supposed "Bush" tax cuts were enacted to bring the economy out of recession, what happened?

Present day, recession, followed by raising taxes or the threat of raising taxes...followed by spending orgies....

What follows, unemployment above 9 percent for god knows how long and a depressed economy.

Holy shit. I have seen a lot of stupid shit on this forum, but this one wins first prize.

It is astonishing the leaps and twists people will make to blame Obama retroactively for the recession, but this is a full-on delusion.

There was no tax increase! And to say the recession was caused by a THREAT of a tax increase? HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!

Read slowly,

Where did I state that the recession was caused by a threat of a tax increase?
My point is under Bush taxes were reduced, end of recession.

Under Obama, tax hikes were threatened, Corporate America sat on their trillions of capital. Meanwhile, unemployment has remained high.

Holy shit try to read....

That's weird, when Republicans enact a policy that turns out to be a devastating failure, they usually admit fault and work on correcting it right away. :confused:

Would you mind if I added that to my signature? It's beautifully written. It's rare that so few words could contain this much truth by saying the complete opposite. This is that rare combination of humor and satire that hits the ball out of the park.

Every House Republican voted Thursday to reject the proposition that the Bush tax cuts added to the deficit.

"When the Republicans passed the Bush Tax Cuts, they told us that they would pay for themselves," Peters said in an official statement. "We now know that this added over $2 trillion to the deficit and by forcing an up or down vote on this amendment, I'm giving House Republicans the opportunity to recognize this fact."

Republicans voted unanimously to rewrite history and it worked. History has been rewritten. They are amazing.

The Bush Tax Cuts alone Absolutely did not "blow up the Budget" It was a combination of things.

This is what the GOP congress is reduced to? Proclamations of nuh uh!!!!????

No wonder they have single digit approval.

How many Democrats voted for this proclamation again?

Hello, you said that the GOP Congress had single digit approval ratings? right?

You could more accurately state it this way,

No wonder...
The Democratic Senate has single digit approval ratings
and the GOP led House has single digit approval ratings..

Would you mind if I added that to my signature? It's beautifully written. It's rare that so few words could contain this much truth by saying the complete opposite. This is that rare combination of humor and satire that hits the ball out of the park.

It's all yours. :lol:

And if the Teabaggers tell them to, to the man, they will all testify that they just saw a little pink pig fly by.

Why are the House Democrats doing this shit?

WTF does it accomplish? Or are they 12 years old?

The supposed "Bush" tax cuts were enacted to bring the economy out of recession, what happened?

Present day, recession, followed by raising taxes or the threat of raising taxes...followed by spending orgies....

What follows, unemployment above 9 percent for god knows how long and a depressed economy.

Holy shit. I have seen a lot of stupid shit on this forum, but this one wins first prize.

It is astonishing the leaps and twists people will make to blame Obama retroactively for the recession, but this is a full-on delusion.

There was no tax increase! And to say the recession was caused by a THREAT of a tax increase? HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!

Read slowly,

Under Obama, tax hikes were threatened, Corporate America sat on their trillions of capital. Meanwhile, unemployment has remained high.

That is due to a lack of consumer demand, not because of potential tax increases that never came.

The main reason U.S. companies are reluctant to step up hiring is scant demand, rather than uncertainty over government policies, according to a majority of economists in a new Wall Street Journal survey.

"There is no demand," said Paul Ashworth of Capital Economics. "Businesses aren't confident enough, and the longer this goes on the harder it is to convince them that they should be."

In the survey, conducted July 8-13 and released Monday, 53 economists—not all of whom answer every question—were asked the main reason employers aren't hiring more readily. Of the 51 who responded to the question, 31 cited ...
Dearth of Demand Seen Behind Weak Hiring - WSJ.com

Tax cuts didn't cause the deficit problem government spending did. Did you know that tax revenues were higher during the first three years of the Bush Presidency than they have been during the first three years of the Obama Presidency? So how is that? How do you have tax cuts and have more revenue?

Yet even though there has been less tax revenue, government expenditures have exploded in the last three years.

The Bush tax cuts were still in effect in the first 3 years of Obama's presidency you moron.

Exactly!

How many Democrats voted for this proclamation again?

Hello, you said that the GOP Congress had single digit approval ratings? right?

You could more accurately state it this way,

No wonder...
The Democratic Senate has single digit approval ratings
and the GOP led House has single digit approval ratings..

I don't see a number there.

Read slowly,

Bush's tax cuts were added to and then were still in effect when the worst recession in 30 years hit in 2008.

Forum List

Back