What Won't They Try To Regulate Next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bitterlyclingin, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bitterlyclingin

bitterlyclingin Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +449
    (Mother nature gave you a set of genes, via your DNA, that causes you to preferentially seek out sugar or sources high in sugar, because sugar, via glucose through the Krebs Cycle is the basic source of the energy that your ancestors needed to outrun that charging leopard that had them in mind as its next meal, or to row that makeshift raft that 100 yards across the river, or that makeshift canoe across that 500 or 1000 miles to the next unseen land mass, or to sculpt the stones for the pharaoh's pyramid, or to sculpt the colummns for the parthenon, or to sculpt the stones for the coliseum. Or doing something as innocuous as writing a few words on a piece of parchment for King John of England to sign that later became known as the Magna Carta, or for Martin Luther to nail on the cathedral door, or to create that magnificently bound document that Japanese Foreign Minister Shigomitzu and General Umezu signed on the deck of the USS Missouri labeled the Articles Of Surrender.
    I guess it goes along with the theory that "If a little bit is good, a lot is better" Didn't they already try that with alcohol? I wonder how that turned out? Dumb f%#*ing idiots.)

"Regulate sugar?

What don't "they" want to regulate? Call for Sugar to Be Regulated as a Toxin. That is not from The Onion. Well, I suppose if "they" want to regulate CO2, a basic and necessary ingredient of air, then why not sugar?

Oh, so the scientists are not sure? So what? It's the precautionary principle, and we brain-dead masses can not be left alone with their own food. I can regulate my own sugar, thank you very much. And my own body, too. What do the Feminists say: "Government's hands off my body."

You can't make this stuff up."

Regulate sugar? - Maggie's Farm

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Body-Bag production?

:eusa_eh:

3. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,827
    Just imagine how powerful our ancestors would have been if they could have washed down a couple of Twinkies with a Big Gulp from 7-Eleven

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Coming from the same side that says dodgeball is too violent for our children; child sports should not keep score so no one feels like they lost; a spanking of a child you love dearly is battery and not in the best interest of the childs ego;

But I will admit...I found your post humorous?

Hey...dont you live in Suffolk County?

5. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,827
    Yes, Suffolk County. You?

6. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Nassau....what is wrong with this picture....you and I are both retired and sitting inside on the computer on a day like today.

7. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    They may have had a longer life expectancy.

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    That's a rather marginal publication, so it is probably worth mentioning that diatribe is based on a piece in the current issue of science journal Nature in which Robert Lustig, Laura Schmidt, and Claire Brindis, all of the University of California, San Francisco, call for the regulation of food products containing sugar.

They say sugar is a toxin that poses danger to health which justifies it being regulated like alcohol.

Yeah.

Before dismissing them as fringe nobodies whose idea will go nowhere, you should know that Washington state recently had a measure to put a "sin tax" on sugary snacks up for public vote, similar to the sin tax put on cigarettes and alcohol.

This nonsense is starting to gain momentum.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  9. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    How about we meet at Bethpage and play 18?

10. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    social engineers and central planners know whats best for you and your family

they are only trying to keep busy, and help..............lol