House Dems leave Congress over Holder's Contempt vote

Issa should be repremanded for waisting time on a partisan witch hunt.

Agreed, the health care vote will be the next actual policy issue to be addressed. IF the House can be bothered; they probably will, it is yet another MADE FOR MEDIA 'event'.

Read the damned email. To you it makes more sense to impugn the gun store owner, making some bullshit claim that it is him that did something wrong--even though you F-ing admit that Fast and Furious was flawed in the very tactic that he is discussing. You are hopelessly biased and only interpret the facts in a favorable way to your argument.

You have yet to provide proof of any crime being committed, except for Holder refusing to provide Congress with what he purports to be mission-critical information.

You can say I'm "biased" all you want, but an e-mail from a shopkeeper asking after the possible endpoint of his weapons, especially given the possibility that the shopkeeper may have been worried about his own culpability in the past sales of such arms, is certainly not evidence of a crime on the part of the ATF.

I say the operation was a failure because the guns reached the place they would have reached anyway, and the ATF was not able to stop them from reaching their destination, and was unable to catch the perpetrators.

Which, again, is not evidence of a crime, or a conspiracy.

You are making a very serious accusation. You are implying that there was some kind of conspiracy to provide Mexican drug lords with weapons, and that there were multiple crimes committed by US agents and officials in order to make that happen.

Yet you have evidence of ANY crime being committed.

The circumstantial stuff you're trying to pass off as evidence doesn't actually prove anything. And yet, you are making serious accusations that could end people's careers, or land them in jail.

You should be careful about such accusations.

The lives of the men and women involved in fast as furious are just as precious as the life of the border agent that was killed. They are just as hard working and patriotic as he was. Yet you are trying to destroy their lives with no evidence.

I agree with Bill O'Reilly's commentary. what the democrats did was walk out on the Brian Terry family with a screw you we'll never tell you what happened to your son." Pretty much sums it up.

I agree with Bill O'Reilly's commentary. what the democrats did was walk out on the Brian Terry family with a screw you we'll never tell you what happened to your son." Pretty much sums it up.

They know what happened to their son. And it would have happened if there never was an operation Fast and Furious.

Thousands of illegal weapons go across the border from Arizona every year.

Yet I don't hear one of you saying anything about the fact that Arizona needs to do a better job of stopping the flow of said arms.

Maybe if Arizona didn't have such a hard-on for selling guns to anybody and their grandmother without any kind of oversight on the sales of said guns, Brian Terry would be alive today.

Read the damned email. To you it makes more sense to impugn the gun store owner, making some bullshit claim that it is him that did something wrong--even though you F-ing admit that Fast and Furious was flawed in the very tactic that he is discussing. You are hopelessly biased and only interpret the facts in a favorable way to your argument.

You have yet to provide proof of any crime being committed, except for Holder refusing to provide Congress with what he purports to be mission-critical information.

You can say I'm "biased" all you want, but an e-mail from a shopkeeper asking after the possible endpoint of his weapons, especially given the possibility that the shopkeeper may have been worried about his own culpability in the past sales of such arms, is certainly not evidence of a crime on the part of the ATF.

I say the operation was a failure because the guns reached the place they would have reached anyway, and the ATF was not able to stop them from reaching their destination, and was unable to catch the perpetrators.

Which, again, is not evidence of a crime, or a conspiracy.

You are making a very serious accusation. You are implying that there was some kind of conspiracy to provide Mexican drug lords with weapons, and that there were multiple crimes committed by US agents and officials in order to make that happen.

Yet you have evidence of ANY crime being committed.

The circumstantial stuff you're trying to pass off as evidence doesn't actually prove anything. And yet, you are making serious accusations that could end people's careers, or land them in jail.

You should be careful about such accusations.

The lives of the men and women involved in fast as furious are just as precious as the life of the border agent that was killed. They are just as hard working and patriotic as he was. Yet you are trying to destroy their lives with no evidence.

The people that authorized Fast and Furious deserve to have their careers ended and be arrested and jailed. What is serious, and what you trivialize and denigrate, are the lives lost because of the incompetence and pure stupidity of those that signed off on Fast and Furious. You have shown a disgusting indifference to the fact that thousands of assault weapons were purposely given to know criminals and weapons traffickers. You have a lack of morality driven by your partisanship and it is disgusting.

They know what happened to their son. And it would have happened if there never was an operation Fast and Furious.

Yet I don't hear one of you saying anything about the fact that Arizona needs to do a better job of stopping the flow of said arms.

Maybe if Arizona didn't have such a hard-on for selling guns to anybody and their grandmother without any kind of oversight on the sales of said guns, Brian Terry would be alive today.

nice try but it won't wash. The Terry family will be on TV momentarily, I doubt they will agree with your assinine assessment.

Ahh, I see.

Hearsay is fine when it comes to Congress doing a witch-hunt on a Democrat.

But it just doesn't fly with you when a Republican is the accused.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

So what you are saying is that Fast and Furious was fine, violating no laws, and no one should be held responsible for it?

Without investigating the admin that started the program? How is this not a witch hunt again?
I thought you knew about nuance? This program did not start under Bush

Yeah gun control works, just ask DC and Chicago!

An ongoing investigation is not an excuse to not provide subpoenaed documents to a congressional oversight committee--once again, you show that you are completely ignorant.

It is if the President then applies executive privilege.

Which he did.

And there you go.

Which Barry did to protect Holder... Didn't work out so well for Holder did it?

Do you have a link? Or are you making this up as you go? What part of the fact that Terry WAS killed by the guns the DOJ allowed to walk are you missing?

No, he believes the careers of those that authorized Fast and Furious are more important to protect then the scores of lives lost due to the ineptitude and incompetence of whoever authorized Fast and Furious. The left is content to not provide answers and justice to he Terry family, on several occasions Democrats have even forgotten his name.

The people that authorized Fast and Furious deserve to have their careers ended and be arrested and jailed. What is serious, and what you trivialize and denigrate, are the lives lost because of the incompetence and pure stupidity of those that signed off on Fast and Furious. You have shown a disgusting indifference to the fact that thousands of assault weapons were purposely given to know criminals and weapons traffickers. You have a lack of morality driven by your partisanship and it is disgusting.

Ahh, there you have it, turn it back on me and try to put me on the defensive.

You have shown a disgusting indifference to the fact that thousands of assault weapons were purposely given to know criminals and weapons traffickers.

When exactly did this happen?

You are claiming crimes that you have absolutely no proof of, at all, and then telling me that I'm some sort of monster because I don't support your baseless accusations.

And then you call ME partisan because I don't want to help you in your little with-hunt.

Well, that would be funny, if the situation weren't so serious.

Why don't you stop trying to ruin people's lives just to gain a little political edge, OK?

Those guns would have been sold to the same damn people, the same exact way whether the attempted surveillance happened or not, just like it's been happening in Arizona for decades.

You want to stop Mexican drug lords from getting weapons? Talk to the government of Arizona. Tell them to regulate weapons sales, and strengthen the penalties associated with gun sale crimes.

Until you do that, you have no leg to stand on.

nice try but it won't wash. The Terry family will be on TV momentarily, I doubt they will agree with your assinine assessment.

I was unaware that the Terry Family had access to proof of ATF involvement in their son's death.

When you're looking for someone to blame for a senseless tragedy, and someone presents you with a target, you jump at it.

I wonder what kind of settlement the right-wingers promised them?

It's shameful to try and take advantage of a family that's mourning over the loss of their son. Really just shameful.

Yeah gun control works, just ask DC and Chicago!

I'm not advocating "gun control". I fucking love guns. Love hunting, skeet shooting, range shooting, you name it. Started shooting in the military, and never lost the desire to keep on doing it.

I'm advocating laws that stop people from buying 600 automatic weapons in one day.

I'm advocating background checks and waiting periods so that people can't go arming a Mexican Cartel army in a week.

And I don't think that's too damn much to ask.

Do you have a link? Or are you making this up as you go? What part of the fact that Terry WAS killed by the guns the DOJ allowed to walk are you missing?

Yep

ATF: 70 percent of guns found in Mexico come from US - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Nearly 70 percent of all guns found in Mexico came from the U.S. over the past four years, according to data released by the federal government on Thursday.

More than 68,000 of the 99,691 firearms that were recovered between 2007 and 2011, and submitted to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for trace testing, were either made in the U.S. or legally brought into the U.S. at one point, according to the agency.

The fact that Terry was killed by guns involved in the ATF operation was a coincidence.

There were 15 Border agents killed in the line of duty from 2007 to 2011. Only one of them, Brian Terry, was killed by a gun that was involved in Fast and Furious.

If it wasn't that gun, the probability would be that it would have been another American gun that killed Brian Terry.

So, instead of trying to re-think how we sell guns in this country, instead you try to turn the situation around on the people that are trying to help stem the flow.

Sure, they failed to do their job well, but they sure as fuck aren't at FAULT.

Unless you feel that all crimes are actually the fault of policemen that fail to stop them. In which case there should be a whole lot of law enforcement officers in jail at the moment.

And I'm sorry, I just can't get behind that.

Last edited:
What a bunch of scumbag babies! Grow up!

Well......it's just like them Dems to "back" a criminal. :mad:

I'm sorry, are the House Dems prisoners? Or free citizens?

they're free cowards, too cowardly to do what they are paid to do by the American Taxpayer. Next question?

Despite the right wing belief that the Constitution dictates that all Congressmen must vote what the Republican party tells them to vote and act how the Republican party dictates they will act, Congressmen are actually paid to represent their constituents. Which of the members that walked out is your Congressmen? If any of them are, write them a letter, tell them that now that a black Democrat is in office, all of a sudden you don't believe executive privilege exists. If none of them are your Congressmen, then shut the fuck up.

An ongoing investigation is not an excuse to not provide subpoenaed documents to a congressional oversight committee--once again, you show that you are completely ignorant.

It is if the President then applies executive privilege.

Which he did.

And there you go.

Which Barry did to protect Holder... Didn't work out so well for Holder did it?

Only Republican Presidents are allowed to do shit like that.

Forum List

Back