Horrifying: Muslims Massacre Dozens Of U.S. K9 Trained German Shepherd Bomb-Sniffing Dogs In Kuwait

It's just one of the other things that I despise about Muslims. They do not like dogs.

Don't get carried away, the United States puts down thousands of dogs a year and I don't hear you complaining about it.
Make that millions.

"Approximately 7.6 million companion animals enter animal shelters nationwide every year. Of those, approximately 3.9 million are dogs and 3.4 million are cats. Each year, approximately 2.7 million animals are euthanized (1.2 million dogs and 1.4 million cats)."

www.aspca.org/animal-homelessness/shelter-intake-and-surrender/pet-statistics

This is another 'love to hate Muslims' thread. Compared to what the US does, this incident is small potatoes. I lived in Turkey for 2 years, over ten years ago. During the time I was there, dogs were becoming the 'thing.' That is those with money, the middle class and above, were beginning to acquire dogs, pedigrees mostly, as family pets. You would see them proudly walking their dogs along the streets and in the parks. Pets, cats and dogs, were very popular in general. There were veterinary clinics in every neighborhood. I took my cat with me when I lived there and found many vet clinics were available to me, and they had the most modern equipment and methods. They treats dogs and cats, just like our clinics do.

The idea that 'Muslims see dogs as unclean' assumes that all Muslims believe in and adhere to all the ideas of Islam, though those ideas may be more than 2,000 years old. Modern, educated Muslims do not believe in or follow many old ideas in the Koran, just like modern, educated Christians don't follow many old ideas in the Bible.

I have seen feral cats and dogs in Turkey, but I've also seen that in Greece, as much as in Turkey.

It wasn't that long ago that the type of sensitive and humane ideas that are now prevalent in the US were not part of our culture. The 'Humane Society' put to sleep dogs and cats after 3 days if they were not claimed or adopted; I remember it being that way when I was young.

The self righteousness, ignorance and bigotry is this thread is based on a very short memory of our own culture and on the 'I love to hate Muslims' philosophy.

I totally agree - and that is why I support the efforts of groups like Vafa. The Iranian government is pretty explicit in attemtping to curtail dog ownership and the ability of people to even walk their pets in public. In that sense - they aren't too different then China's outlawing of keeping pets for a long time. Both equate it to western culture, which they adamently oppose. Instead of simply villafying an entire religion we should be cheering those groups that bravely try to change things for animals around the world. But that wouldn't make a good OP.

It's muslim society not all muslims get it straight:slap:

BACK TO THE OP!

I've given this some thought. As someone pointed out, it's been nearly impossible for service personnel to bring their service dogs back to the states. Only recently, has DOD relented to allow that to happen.

Bomb-sniffing dogs are not your run-of-the-mill household pets. They undergo special training and are taught to bond only to their handler and to protect that handler with everything they have.

There is also a question of what happened to these dogs as they completed their training. Were they properly fed and cared for? Did a few or any of them have diseases? If so, that would have been an absolute negative in having them brought out of the area.

What other choice was there but to euthanize them? They had no future and it was highly unlikely they would have been treated properly. They were nothing but $$$$ to the company and probably meant absolutely nothing to the handlers.

Another tragedy about how so many peoples see dogs. They give us unlimited love and all too sadly, some humans simply do not have it in their hearts to return it.

Too many assumptions there I remember a story of a soldier's family fighting to bring his dog back here.. They finally did get the dog here with a lot of effort. The military needs to bring those dogs home...Not leave them in the islamic shitholes

At least, those Muslim countries are controlling the dog population it looks like. We are not hardly which means millions of more dogs are gassed here than killed there.

Shut up moron, i just got a nice dog from the shelter..This dog was here in Detroi,t shipped to Tenn, then back to Detroit, they didn't kill him. Most places here go through hell to try to get these dogs good a home..you're full of shit

I am not going to IL Willow and give another chance. This is a highly emotional and painful issue, and it is easy not to think straight. But that's the topic of the thread, and if you are going to condemn Muslims for what they do to dogs, then you need to condemn Americans as well or else you are a lousy hypocrite.

Some of you have made this thread into a comparison between the cruelty of Americans compared to that of Islam, which of course must extend to the treatment of all living things including animals and human beings.

How can anybody in their right mind who knows what's going on in the world even consider such a comparison, when every day we are shown horrible new barbaric cruelties which the Muslims seem to take great pleasure in inflicting on anybody or anything they want to.

People who are by nature so barbaric and cruel will also treat dogs in the same way.

I only compared the methods of euthanization both cultures employ. Gassing is arguably just as painful as acid injections.

Look idiot it not cultural here :slap:

Tell me then Willow exactly what is wrong with showing that Muslims are torturing millions of less dogs than Americans are. You are trying to escape reality and venting your frustrations on me.

So muslim society is no worse than Christian society?:cuckoo:

No way all twenty four dogs were ill. Looks like they let them die from lack of water.

Kuwait spent loads of money buying these dogs. They were all trained K-9's.

Hope the killers rot in hell.

Shut up moron, i just got a nice dog from the shelter..This dog was here in Detroi,t shipped to Tenn, then back to Detroit, they didn't kill him. Most places here go through hell to try to get these dogs good a home..you're full of shit

I understand it is too horrific to believe but it's a fact.

Animal Gas Chambers Draw Fire in U.S.

Nearly four million dogs and cats in the United States are put to death in shelters each year.

Carbon monoxide gas chambers—a euthanasia method used since World War II—are routinely used in animal shelters throughout the country, including Rhode Island, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia.

This is simply outright torture, and there is no reason it should not stop.

Gas Chambers - In Defense of Animals

Death by gassing (usually carbon monoxide) often takes 30 minutes or more. Unconsciousness sets in only when vital organs shut down, which is a slow, painful process. Pregnant, injured, or very young and very old animals absorb the gases differently than healthy animals, which can lead to even longer time periods before the onset of death. Some animals have emerged from the gas chambers alive, only to be subjected to the same terrifying experience a second time.

I am not going to IL Willow and give another chance. This is a highly emotional and painful issue, and it is easy not to think straight. But that's the topic of the thread, and if you are going to condemn Muslims for what they do to dogs, then you need to condemn Americans as well or else you are a lousy hypocrite.

Some of you have made this thread into a comparison between the cruelty of Americans compared to that of Islam, which of course must extend to the treatment of all living things including animals and human beings.

How can anybody in their right mind who knows what's going on in the world even consider such a comparison, when every day we are shown horrible new barbaric cruelties which the Muslims seem to take great pleasure in inflicting on anybody or anything they want to.

People who are by nature so barbaric and cruel will also treat dogs in the same way.

I only compared the methods of euthanization both cultures employ. Gassing is arguably just as painful as acid injections.

I didn't say it was cultural. I said it is a fact our culture gases millions of dogs. Big difference.

I didn't say it was cultural. I said it is a fact our culture gases millions of dogs. Big
difference.

I agree. Shelters in the US kill millions of dogs and cats every year yet people still breed dogs and cats to sell.

I have four dogs and every one of them is a pound puppy. they are great dogs and I wouldn't trade one of them for every Muslim in the world.

This is how Muslims kill dogs. I warn you it's a very graphic video.

[Graphic] Muslims Killing Thousands Of Dogs With Absolutely Sick Method

And here is how the Muslim public reacted to it: Iranians protest killing of stray dogs

Iranians held protests in major cities across the country after a gruesome video surfaced online of the killing of stray dogs in an industrial park in Shiraz. The three-minute grainy video with audio shows men in masks injecting a number of dogs with a syringe. Some claimed the dogs were injected with acid or poison. None of the men were wearing government uniforms, but Iran has long had a problem with stray dogs and many cities have outsourced the task of collecting strays to private contractors.

One of the largest protests was held April 19 outside Tehran's Environmental Protection Organization (EPO), where dozens of animal rights activists asked EPO head Masoumeh Ebtekar to pursue the case. Ebtekar addressed the protesters, saying, “Animal abuse is unacceptable under any condition and we are pursuing the case.” She added: "The general director of Fars Province for the EPO said that syringes have been found but some of the issues of the case are not clear because the municipality [of Shiraz] denies the story."

Iran: Outrage as video shows stray dogs being 'injected with acid' in Shiraz

Forum List

Back