Hope & Change Update: 200,000 small businesses disappeared between 2008 and 2010

Obama wasn't sworn in until 2009. Then he had to live with the George Bush budget until October.

dumbfucks

Sure

the one signed by Papa Obama in March of 2009
months after the fiscal year started

Papa Obama should really be more careful on what he signs

thanks for playing
:eusa_whistle:

That would be the budget for FY2010, dullard............................... :lol:
Archived: President's FY 2010 Budget Request for the U.S. Department of Education

Obama wasn't sworn in until 2009. Then he had to live with the George Bush budget until October.

dumbfucks

Sure

thanks for playing

The "fiscal year" starts October 1st.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You sit in front of the God Damn Internet. USE IT!!!!

Again... Bush didn't do it on his own. He had teachers, roads...infrastructure... He didn't do it on his own.

Well what caused those businesses to disappear? How is that Obama's fault?

Easy

his Pork Bill did not work as promised

next question

Conservatives didn't want to do anything. How would that have worked better?

Well that is not true and with Papa Obama telling them
"I won" during negotiations and both Houses controlled by the Left.
they were left out of the process

But in retrospect with the anemic progress of Papa's Obama
plans - nothing might have been a better option

God knows it couldn't have done any worse

Last edited:
Comrade
1) the link is fixed for you
we must speak on anything but the economy

2) Granted Papa Obama took office in 2009, but as our great leader
says as it concerns business, " they didn't build it"

But if it makes you happy, we could adjust it to what 150,000 or 140,000
Boy that does look better. I think we should run with that,,,,,

Look at you. Trying so hard to put most of the losses on Obama still. You didn't even notice that Fox News deliberately did not break it down by single years. Like, say, March 2008 to March 2009, and then March 2009 to March 2010.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why...

A definitive figure on how many small businesses closed during the recession is hard to come by. While the recession technically started in December 2007 and ended in June 2009, the Census figures only count the number of businesses starting in March of each year.

The fact that Fox News chose not to say how many had been lost by March 2009 is very revealing. And you guzzled the bongwater like a champ! You're their kind of well-trained bitch.

Like I said
we must speak on important things
like how Romney spends the money he earns!

Anything but Papa Obama's economy

Please explain how Romney spends his money is an important issue.

Christ, you are misquoting something someone said at a Romney rally. You can't even get the simplest shit right.

Better luck next time!

Last edited:
Easy

next question

"I won" during negotiations and a both Houses controlled by the Left

plans and- nothing might have been a better option

Shut up fool. Stop lying.

Again... Bush didn't do it on his own. He had teachers, roads...infrastructure... He didn't do it on his own.

You're right. He had the Republicans who helped him bring down the economy, let Bin Laden go, trick America into Iraq. And they are still helping him by supporting Bush two point ooh.

dumbfucks

Sure

thanks for playing

The "fiscal year" starts October 1st.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You sit in front of the God Damn Internet. USE IT!!!!

Yes - use it

But the Democrats did not submit a budget to Bush to sign
They waited until Papa Obama was in office and submitted
it in March of 2009 for him to sign it

It is the truth

No doubt you do not heed your own advice
:eusa_silenced:

Perhaps
But considering the overall global dampening effects of the national economy
they best the states can do is limited.

It is really no different than rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic
:eusa_angel:

Oh please...the world economy isn't going to fall apart.

Well actually I didn't say that
But on review, the sentence is confusing
I said the overall global dampening effects of the national economy
Global as in reference to the national economy dominating over the states
then dont use the word global.
my point still stands.

Drivin' companies outta business `cause o' dey's religion...
:mad:
DOJ to Colorado Family: Give Up Your Religion or Your Business
July 26, 2012 - The Justice Department last week presented the Newland family of Colorado--who own Hercules Industries, a heating, ventilation and air-conditioning business--with what amounted to an ultimatum: Give up your religion or your business.
“Hercules Industries has ‘made no showing of a religious belief which requires that [it] engage in the [HVAC] business,” the Justice Department said in a formal filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. In response to the Justice Department’s argument that the Newlands can either give up practicing their religion or give up owning their business, the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is representing the family, said in a reply brief: "[T]o the extent the government is arguing that its mandate does not really burden the Newlands because they are free to abandon their jobs, their livelihoods, and their property so that others can take over Hercules and comply, this expulsion from business would be an extreme form of government burden.”

Now that the Supreme Court has upheld the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and its mandate that individuals must buy health insurance, this suit which seeks to protect a small business from being forced to take actions that violate the moral and religious beliefs of the family that owns it is likely to be the next major court battle over Obamacare. At stake is whether businesses are protected by the First Amendment—the part of the Bill of Rights that guarantees not only the free exercise of religion but also freedom of speech and of the press. The Justice Department’s filing was made in Newland v. Sebelius--a suit brought by William, Paul and James Newland, and their sister, Christine Ketterhagen, who are Roman Catholics, and who together own Colorado-based Hercules Industries.

The Newland family founded Hercules in 1962 and have maintained it as a family-owned business ever since—growing it to the point where they now employ 265 people. The Newlands’ lawsuit challenges a regulation that Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finalized earlier this year that requires virtually all health plans to cover--without cost-sharing--sterilizations and all Food-and-Drug Administration approved contraceptives, including those that induce abortions. Under the Obamacare law, businesses that have more than 50 employees must provide health insurance to their employees or face a penalty. To satisfy the mandate, the insurance must include the cost-sharing-free sterilization-contraception-abortifacient benefit. The regulation takes effect on Aug. 1, which means that as soon as any business starts a new plan-year for its health-insurance program after that date it will need to comply with Sebelius's rule.

The Catholic Church, to which the Newlands belong, teaches that sterilization, contraception and abortion are intrinsically immoral. Last month, the Catholic bishops of the United States unanimously adopted a statement declaring Sebelius’s regulation an “unjust and illegal mandate” and a “violation of personal civil rights.” While much of the media attention on Sebelius’ regulation has focused on the fact that it will apply to famous Catholic religious institutions such as Catholic University and the University of Notre Dame, the Catholic bishops have repeatedly pointed out that the regulation also violates the First Amendment-protected religious liberty of lay Catholic individuals. That includes employees who will be forced to pay insurance premiums on insurance plans that violate the teachings of their faith and business owners who will be forced to provide such plans.

More DOJ to Colorado Family: Give Up Your Religion or Your Business | CNSNews.com

Who you calling a fool?

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact it is their worst enemy

Easy

next question

The Republican plan was a 700 billion dollar stimulus that only differed from the Democrats at the margins.

You didn't know that did you?

Comrade

Look at you. Trying so hard to put most of the losses on Obama still. You didn't even notice that Fox News deliberately did not break it down by single years. Like, say, March 2008 to March 2009, and then March 2009 to March 2010.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why...

A definitive figure on how many small businesses closed during the recession is hard to come by. While the recession technically started in December 2007 and ended in June 2009, the Census figures only count the number of businesses starting in March of each year.

The fact that Fox News chose not to say how many had been lost by March 2009 is very revealing. And you guzzled the bongwater like a champ! You're their kind of well-trained bitch.

Like I said
we must speak on important things
like how Romney spends the money he earns!

Anything but Papa Obama's economy

Please explain how Romney spends his money is an important issue.

Christ, you are misquoting something someone said at a Romney rally. You can't even get the simplest shit right.

Better luck next time!

Oh my another Papa Obama enabler having a rough time of it

So based on your suspicion of these reports and no facts,
Papa Obama has no fault

Look to be fair I did say we should go with maybe 140,000 businesses under him
were lost

I think the left should run with that one

Who you calling a fool?

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact it is their worst enemy

You are a fool.

Manufacturing a Better Future for America | Alliance for American Manufacturing

About 40,000 U.S. manufacturing plants closed between 2001 and 2008, resulting in the loss of millions of good-paying jobs. From 2001 to 2007, 2.3 million jobs were lost just from the U.S.’s huge trade deficit with China.

From 2001 to 2008 2.4 Million Jobs Lost to China never to return

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank Bush/Republican policies for that fool. Those Bush tax cuts had to be spent on something. Business didn't spend them here. Bush tax cuts, passed through reconciliation by Republicans who controlled both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court for six straight years. A lotta time for a lotta damage.

You're still a fool

The Republican plan was a 700 billion dollar stimulus that only differed from the Democrats at the margins.

Oh god are you referring the Senate plan led by McCain
Sure, actually it offered way more in tax cuts

Truthfully, not combined with the faux legacy of Papa Obama care
which wasted time, resources and keeps businesses from hiring

it probably would have worked better

That's why I ask exactly what is the difference outside of social issues between Obama and Bush? Economically not much...I don't think Bush would of want as far as Obama, but far enough to piss off a lot of conservative. :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Comrade

You can't just make shit up, kid. You need to prove your numbers. Let me show you how its done, son.

Here are the Census Bureau business statistics for businesses lost between 2008 and 2009:http://www2.census.gov/econ/susb/data/dynamic/0809/us_state_totals_emplchange_2008-2009.xls

For companies which employed 99 or less employees, which is the measurement Fox News used, there were 168,498 companies lost between 2008 and 2009.

Now let's go back to your Fox News source:

Data is only available until 2010, but the U.S. Census Bureau stats reveal a startling slide for America's businesses. While the country boasted 5.14 million firms with up to 99 employees as of March 2008, that number dropped to 4.92 million by March 2010 - representing a loss of roughly 223,800 businesses and 3.1 million workers.

Economy lost more than 200,000 small businesses in recession, Census shows | Fox News

223,800 businesses lost between 2008 and 2010. Subtracting the ones lost on Bush's watch (168,498) leaves us with only 55,302 lost on Obama's watch. Bush creamed Obama 4:1 in the Businesses Destroyed category!

Oh! That's GOT to hurt!

Once again, nice try, but you failed horribly. Let this be a lesson on media bias for you and the perils of chugging their piss, junior.

Last edited:
Reagan started his first term with 7's unemployment
Reagan ended his first term with 7's unemployment.
Obama started his first term with 8's unemployment
Obama will likely end his first term with 8's unemployment.

Looks to me like Obama did just as well in his first term as Reagan did in his. Not to mention unemployment peaked much higher in Reagans first term than in Obama's. The Republican party is awfully proud of Reagan, aren't they? Double standards, perhaps?

Reagan entered office with a 7.5 percent Unemployment figure, which continued to rise for the next two years, peaking at 10.8 percent. In July of his third year (which is where Obama is now), Unemployment was back to 7.5 percent.

When Reagan was sworn in for his second term, Unemployment was 7.3 percent.

Link: data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Reagan had better GDP growth

and did not promote anti-business very un-american ideas

Plus, people trusted him more to do the right thing

To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen

" Papa Obama, I knew Reagan
and Papa Obama, you are no Reagan "
Who can forget the look on Dan Quayle's face when Lloyd Bentsen said that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back