CDZ Honest Mask Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
OK, a mask is supposed to stop what? I have read it is to stop droplets that could be atomized from say a sneeze, cough or even close conversation. So my question: IF you encounter such atomized droplets carrying COVID, and they cling to your mask, what happens after that? I have heard from some sectors that the virus can survive on countertops so, why not a cloth mask.? Imagine wearing a mask around people coughing and sneezing. When you take that mask off, are you not getting it on your fingers and hands?

OK, a mask is supposed to stop what? I have read it is to stop droplets that could be atomized from say a sneeze, cough or even close conversation. So my question: IF you encounter such atomized droplets carrying COVID, and they cling to your mask, what happens after that? I have heard from some sectors that the virus can survive on countertops so, why not a cloth mask.? Imagine wearing a mask around people coughing and sneezing. When you take that mask off, are you not getting it on your fingers and hands?
Oh, I suppose that if:

A droplet from another hits your mask, then you might actually touch that and transfer it to yourself.
Well Done.
Same situation without wearing a mask, then that droplet lands directly on your face.

So, which would you choose.
A) Some protection from a mask.
B) Direct hit to your face.

If you encounter an infected person, the outside of your mask becomes contaminated. If you touch the outside and then touch your eyes, nose, mouth or other mucous membrane you will contract this virus. Airborne transmission is much less than hand to face some 80% of infections are due to hand to face contact.

Not only is the outside contaminated but the edges around the mask and your face where air is drawn up by the path of least resistance. This is why masks do the person who is wearing it very little to protect them. Only properly sealed and filtered masks stop incoming virus.

A mask on a infected person only slows the larger droplets and does nothing to stop aerosolized vapor unless it too is fitted and properly filtered.

think carefully----the aerosol from your mouth---in talking, coughing etc-----SHOOTS OUT in a wide space-----a mask stops it something like a handkerchief . It is not perfect but it helps. The aerosol is just that----tiny droplets----the virus NEEDS A LIVING CELL to multiply itself-----the droplets dissipate-----they do not just live there in the aerosol. Stopping the aerosol in your cloth mask HELPS quite a lot to limit transmission. As to LIVING on your mask-----not for long either. Take the mask off ---WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR MASK----or even hang it in direct sunlight-----and ALL IS WELL

Because, wearing a mask helps prevent the spread to Others. The mask is not to protect the wearer but to protect others. That must be why the Right Wing, has a problem with it.

The whole thing is bullshit. I only wear one when I have to work in this Mecca for shit heads called Austin TX, outside of that I do not. If a store employee requests I put one on I will, but it has been weeks since it happened and it was only once. I stopped keeping one in my pocket, and I took a sharpie and wrote "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!" on it.

Because, wearing a mask helps prevent the spread to Others. The mask is not to protect the wearer but to protect others. That must be why the Right Wing, has a problem with it.
IT doesn't 'prevent' anything. all it does is catch some of the bigger droplets. it has little effect on the small aerosolized vapors.

I do not spend time worrying about it. I wear a mask when I go in somewhere and pretty much avoid everyone. I'd probably run from someone coughing. It's a pain to be sure but my wife is certain to get seriously ill if she gets this thing. For her I'd wear a hazmat suit to get groceries.

the main function of masks is to contain what the mask wearer is ejecting into the ambient air. you could have known this. if you were interested in honest discussion.

instead you hide your trolling in the cdz and troll your own thread.
This is the CDZ zone stop insulting me!! Your opinion is welcomed, not your insults.

The masks stop absolutely nothing and i'm not going to wear one. :smoke: I wont be getting the Covid 19 shot when it comes around either!:smoke:
Darwin is not your friend.

1598143541806.png

BS. Or you go to Zero Local Businnesses.
You are a lying wanna be tough guy.

Now, put your mask back on.
Please respect the CDZ....Stop with the insults please. Your opinion is welcome, not your insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back