Honest debate: Libs...would the "AR15-pistol" w 10 Rd mag still be an "Assault Weapon"

Slow down and please try and understand this because i've said it a dozen times and you still don't get it... Nobody is saying that regulating guns is going to prevent shootings from happening. The argument is that it will cause less damage during shootings if less powerful weapons are used. It is people who commit the shootings. Please tell me you understand that, I can't repeat it again.

and why is it that liberals can't understand that criminals will not obey the law & will still get their hands on weapons regardless? All a gun ban does is disarm law abiding citizens & make them more susceptible to attack from thugs. Worse, you libs continue to focus on the inanimate object which can't commit a crime by definition instead of the bastard pulling the trigger. This is why gun owners do not trust liberal intentions. Your desire is to make innocent citizens & their families sitting ducks & to circumvent a Constitutional right through whatever means necessary. Stop with this ridiculous concept that a gun ban will somehow make the world a safer place. It didn't work during the first Assault Weapon Ban, it didn't work during Prohibition & it won't work now....
Jesus man, if you really don't understand let me use a real life example. Take mr Orlando whacko... He was a legal gun owner. Went to a gun store to buy ammo and body armor... Luckily they didn't sell to him. So he went into the club with what he had. Now let's say we did things your way and there was no gun control. He walks in and sees and uzi sitting there... Buys it along with some hand grenades for the big finale. How do you that would of impacted the body count that night? Here's your test to see if you can be honest and logical...

Well we saw what happened inside a gun free zone where once again, a criminal bent on destruction & murder opened up on law abiding innocent civilians who had no means to defend themselves. To answer your question, chances are the body count would be low & here's why. If law abiding people had no restrictions on them as far as weapons purchases were concerned, most criminals would do a risk/reward analysis & probably realize it wouldn't be worth it. They wouldn't know who was carrying & who was wasn't. And those who open carry would be visible. Think a thug is going to start something with that individual?

I'll even offer you a real life example. I go to the gun range every now & then. Do you want to know how many mass shootings occur at those places? Zero. Why? Everyone is armed to the teeth, so who would be stupid enough to try it. It's a simple act of nature. There are threats in the world, every living organism on the planet has some sort of defense to reasonably try to defend itself. Nations build vast arsenals of military hardware, animals have natural forms of defense from teeth & claws to venom. But only liberals have it worked out in their heads that despite all these examples, somehow society will be safe if we just punished the gun owner for the act of a criminal.
I understand the argument but here is a flip side and I don't think that is a culture or society that most people would feel safe in. How many bar fights would turn into shootings if everybody was armed? You think everybody would be tame and well mannered because they sit in a state of fear that if they give somebody the wrong look they could be shot? No thank you, that's not an environment I want to live in nor I want my kids to live in.

And again reality shows you are wrong....Virginia passed a concealed carry law for bars...allowing people to carry in them....they can't drink and carry.......and the crime rate in Bars went down 5.9%......

The idea that normal, law abiding citizens are going to turn into cold hearted murderers at the wrong look is just make believe....and has no bearing in reality........

actual research shows that 90% of murderers, including gun murderers are violent people with long histories of violence and crime...and at least one felony conviction....they are not John Q. Citizen..they are hardened sociopaths....

of the 10% that are not felons....they are also people with long histories of violence or dangerous mental illnesses.....the abortion clinic shooter....had a long history of violent abuse of his wife and had been accused of rape..the woman didn't testify against him because she was afraid...

So you are wrong again....normal people are not shooting other people over fender benders or looks in a bar......
I'm not disputing this... I"m a gun owner that lives in California and Texas. I am and know many responsible gun owners and believe most people are similar... They are not the problem. I'm fine with carry laws in areas where the citizens feel its appropriate. In small town Texas, its totally appropriate. In downtown LA, I wouldn't recommend it. For crowded events, like ball games, I don't think its appropriate. Its up the cities, states and venues to decide whats right for their carry laws. Its up to the Feds to determine which weapons are best to sell to our public. I don't even have a problem with selling automatic weapons, but I think they should only be sold to people with special permits or licenses. Gun store owners, Shooting ranges, law enforcement, military, vets or citizens that go through a special background check or training course... Im not some crazy anti gun lefty, but I do believe we can be smarter about how we handle the gun situation and I do see value in gun control.

That's only one of the several possibilities where weapons can be Constitutionally used to defend a State and it's security but the short answer is yes.
Yeah, I hate to break it to you but if your state goes to war against the US military, there is no number of guns that is going to help your cause... We've moved way beyond the days of muskets and swords.

If you want to look at real world problems you have to look at the violence on our streets and how we protect ourselves and how our officers enforce the law. Sport and hunting are secondary bonuses that come with gun ownership.

Simple enough. Stop blaming gun owners for the crimes of thugs. Increase penalties with use of firearms during criminal activity significantly with no early parole. Get rid of gun free zones immediately. Support your local police since they are truly are on the front lines of this. Allow national reciprocity on concealed carry (this one is absurd that I even to have write it---a privilege [drivers license] is not even questioned nationally, but an actual Constitutional right [self defense] has to be checked at each state line. Teach gun safety in schools so that kids develop a healthy respect for firearms. Do this & then gun owners will know you are serious about wanting to stop the problem.
Most of these are great ideas which I support and agree with. I dont like the idea of everybody carrying all the time. If that was law the kid in Vegas would have surely put a few into trump last week (another real life example for you)... don't you find it a little hypocritical that you can't carry at trump properties, trump rallies or even the republican national convention? What do you think the reasoning for that is?

The secret service does this......they have jurisdiction over securty wherever Trump is.....when Trump first appeared the NRA meetings years ago they permit concealed carry at their conventions....

Do you understand that as more Americans have actually carried guns, our gun murder rate and gun crime rate went down? Do you understand that that is a fact.....?

In the 1990s about 2 million people carried guns for self defense....in 2007, 4.7 million people...and in that time period the gun murder rate went down, not up. Do you acknowledge that fact? Between 2007 and 2013......12 million people were carrying guns...and the gun murder rate went down....do you acknowledge that fact?

in 2016, 13 million people now carry guns....and up to 2015 our gun murder rate went down........do you acknowledge that fact?

So you are simply wrong in your belief....

Normal people carrying guns does not increase the crime rate, the murder rate or the gun crime and murder rate......that is a fact..
I haven't looked into the numbers but for argument sake i'll take your word for it. I don't think just because more people are buying guns it is necessarily a direct cause to the gun murder rate going down. There are many other factors at play... Education and law enforcement better security being a few. I do acknowledge that people will be more cautious in areas where more people are carrying and criminals will be less inclined to cause trouble in those areas... it is a valid point.

I personally would not let my kids go to a concert, bar or event where any jerk off can carry... Armed security is just fine, but get one drunk or emotional kook spouting off and pulling their gun instead of their fist and you have a whole new level of trouble.

There are 40 states that allow people to carry guns where alcohol is served.......so.....it hasn't been a problem, and the most recent, Virginia, passed the law last year and their bar crime rates dropped 5.9%.......

This is another argument that you are making that is not based in facts, the truth or reality........what you fear will happen...is not happening in reality...those laws already have allowed people to carry guns where alcohol is served, and bars are even included......so again.....your emotions, not your ability to reason, is on display here...

I'm not answering g your questions...
.... because you know you have no honest answer that allows you to keep your position intact.
I understand.
Since you're an honest, thoughtful guy, maybe you ought to reconsider re-examining your position.
I'm constantly examining my position, I was against banning any guns and was open to high capacity mag bans before this discussion. Now I'm leaning more on the side of banning. Weapons like the ones you posted shooting 10 rounds a second are completely rediculous and unnecessary.
As you have been shown any number of times in any number of ways, banning these guns does not limit access to them.
Similarly, unless you forcibly confiscate those already in circulation, banning 20- and 30-rd magazines does not limit access to them.
Thus, there's no argument for a ban on said items that does not stem from a fallacious appeal to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Wrong you have shown that banning or regulating weapons does not ELIMINATE access to them. It absolutely limits access, how can you claim it doesn't? Somebody like Mr Orlando went to a gun store to purchase his arms and ammo to shoot up that club. He bought what was available in their inventory. He was limited to what was available. He was limited to what was available. He was limited to what was available. Did I studder?

And you are wrong again......France has completely banned rifles with detachable magazines...you can't buy them in gun stores...gun stores do not exist, you can't buy them in gun shows, gun shows do not exist.....AR-1s, Uzis, and fully automatic rifles are completely illegal and banned.........

And criminals in France and terrorists on French government, terrorist watch lists get them easily.....I have in the past linked to the stories by European law enforcement showing how easy they get them.......

You are just wrong, again.
Some do some don't... The some that don't because they can't go to the store and get one makes a difference. Not everybody is friends with illegal arms dealers or motivated to go deal with one.

and why is it that liberals can't understand that criminals will not obey the law & will still get their hands on weapons regardless? All a gun ban does is disarm law abiding citizens & make them more susceptible to attack from thugs. Worse, you libs continue to focus on the inanimate object which can't commit a crime by definition instead of the bastard pulling the trigger. This is why gun owners do not trust liberal intentions. Your desire is to make innocent citizens & their families sitting ducks & to circumvent a Constitutional right through whatever means necessary. Stop with this ridiculous concept that a gun ban will somehow make the world a safer place. It didn't work during the first Assault Weapon Ban, it didn't work during Prohibition & it won't work now....
Jesus man, if you really don't understand let me use a real life example. Take mr Orlando whacko... He was a legal gun owner. Went to a gun store to buy ammo and body armor... Luckily they didn't sell to him. So he went into the club with what he had. Now let's say we did things your way and there was no gun control. He walks in and sees and uzi sitting there... Buys it along with some hand grenades for the big finale. How do you that would of impacted the body count that night? Here's your test to see if you can be honest and logical...

Well we saw what happened inside a gun free zone where once again, a criminal bent on destruction & murder opened up on law abiding innocent civilians who had no means to defend themselves. To answer your question, chances are the body count would be low & here's why. If law abiding people had no restrictions on them as far as weapons purchases were concerned, most criminals would do a risk/reward analysis & probably realize it wouldn't be worth it. They wouldn't know who was carrying & who was wasn't. And those who open carry would be visible. Think a thug is going to start something with that individual?

I'll even offer you a real life example. I go to the gun range every now & then. Do you want to know how many mass shootings occur at those places? Zero. Why? Everyone is armed to the teeth, so who would be stupid enough to try it. It's a simple act of nature. There are threats in the world, every living organism on the planet has some sort of defense to reasonably try to defend itself. Nations build vast arsenals of military hardware, animals have natural forms of defense from teeth & claws to venom. But only liberals have it worked out in their heads that despite all these examples, somehow society will be safe if we just punished the gun owner for the act of a criminal.
I understand the argument but here is a flip side and I don't think that is a culture or society that most people would feel safe in. How many bar fights would turn into shootings if everybody was armed? You think everybody would be tame and well mannered because they sit in a state of fear that if they give somebody the wrong look they could be shot? No thank you, that's not an environment I want to live in nor I want my kids to live in.

And again reality shows you are wrong....Virginia passed a concealed carry law for bars...allowing people to carry in them....they can't drink and carry.......and the crime rate in Bars went down 5.9%......

The idea that normal, law abiding citizens are going to turn into cold hearted murderers at the wrong look is just make believe....and has no bearing in reality........

actual research shows that 90% of murderers, including gun murderers are violent people with long histories of violence and crime...and at least one felony conviction....they are not John Q. Citizen..they are hardened sociopaths....

of the 10% that are not felons....they are also people with long histories of violence or dangerous mental illnesses.....the abortion clinic shooter....had a long history of violent abuse of his wife and had been accused of rape..the woman didn't testify against him because she was afraid...

So you are wrong again....normal people are not shooting other people over fender benders or looks in a bar......
I'm not disputing this... I"m a gun owner that lives in California and Texas. I am and know many responsible gun owners and believe most people are similar... They are not the problem. I'm fine with carry laws in areas where the citizens feel its appropriate. In small town Texas, its totally appropriate. In downtown LA, I wouldn't recommend it. For crowded events, like ball games, I don't think its appropriate. Its up the cities, states and venues to decide whats right for their carry laws. Its up to the Feds to determine which weapons are best to sell to our public. I don't even have a problem with selling automatic weapons, but I think they should only be sold to people with special permits or licenses. Gun store owners, Shooting ranges, law enforcement, military, vets or citizens that go through a special background check or training course... Im not some crazy anti gun lefty, but I do believe we can be smarter about how we handle the gun situation and I do see value in gun control.

The Germans in the 1920s decided which guns it's citizens could have.......in the 1930s they then sent those citizens to gas chambers.......there are bigger issues in the gun control debate than bars and magazine capacity....

The government works for us...it doesn't rule us.......any weapon that the military and police have we need to have for the balance of power....

Right now, in Mexico.....the police and military have the rifles......and they and their drug cartel allies are murdering thousands of Mexican citizens every year...just across our border...right now, today.......so please....don't tell me that we can always trust the government.....

.... because you know you have no honest answer that allows you to keep your position intact.
I understand.
Since you're an honest, thoughtful guy, maybe you ought to reconsider re-examining your position.
I'm constantly examining my position, I was against banning any guns and was open to high capacity mag bans before this discussion. Now I'm leaning more on the side of banning. Weapons like the ones you posted shooting 10 rounds a second are completely rediculous and unnecessary.
As you have been shown any number of times in any number of ways, banning these guns does not limit access to them.
Similarly, unless you forcibly confiscate those already in circulation, banning 20- and 30-rd magazines does not limit access to them.
Thus, there's no argument for a ban on said items that does not stem from a fallacious appeal to emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Wrong you have shown that banning or regulating weapons does not ELIMINATE access to them. It absolutely limits access, how can you claim it doesn't? Somebody like Mr Orlando went to a gun store to purchase his arms and ammo to shoot up that club. He bought what was available in their inventory. He was limited to what was available. He was limited to what was available. He was limited to what was available. Did I studder?

And you are wrong again......France has completely banned rifles with detachable magazines...you can't buy them in gun stores...gun stores do not exist, you can't buy them in gun shows, gun shows do not exist.....AR-1s, Uzis, and fully automatic rifles are completely illegal and banned.........

And criminals in France and terrorists on French government, terrorist watch lists get them easily.....I have in the past linked to the stories by European law enforcement showing how easy they get them.......

You are just wrong, again.
Some do some don't... The some that don't because they can't go to the store and get one makes a difference. Not everybody is friends with illegal arms dealers or motivated to go deal with one.

The thing that made the mass shootings so horrible...they were gun free zones and the victims couldn't fight back......that is the one thing they all have in common....

If the ban didn't limit access to high ammo capacity and rapid fire weapons then it was a poorly written ban and should be rewritten with better language.
I accept your concession of the point, that the ban indeed did not and will not limit access to the weapons and magazines in question.
Good to see you now believe.
haha I get it now, I see guys like you all the time on this board...
I m sorry -- was I wrong?
Do you NOT believe that the AWB would not have stopped the Orlando shooting, nor would it stop another, because it did nothing to limit access to the weapons and magazines in question?
If so... why not?

I've made a simple point that speaks truth, makes sense, and is shared by many Americans.
And clearly and concisely illustrated the invalidity of that point.
:dunno:

The Germans in the 1920s decided which guns it's citizens could have.......in the 1930s they then sent those citizens to gas chambers.......there are bigger issues in the gun control debate than bars and magazine capacity....

The government works for us...it doesn't rule us.......any weapon that the military and police have we need to have for the balance of power....

Right now, in Mexico.....the police and military have the rifles......and they and their drug cartel allies are murdering thousands of Mexican citizens every year...just across our border...right now, today.......so please....don't tell me that we can always trust the government.....
i'm not interested in the slippery slope argument and i'm not worried about a mass extermination or second coming of Hitler (unless you all vote in Trump of course jk) If that type of thing is going to happen it is going to come from the Nationalist gun crowd and not the government so keeping their weapons in control is a smart move.

Our country is not 1920's Germany nor is it even close to Mexico... We have evolved passed that

If the ban didn't limit access to high ammo capacity and rapid fire weapons then it was a poorly written ban and should be rewritten with better language.
I accept your concession of the point, that the ban indeed did not and will not limit access to the weapons and magazines in question.
Good to see you now believe.
haha I get it now, I see guys like you all the time on this board...
I m sorry -- was I wrong?
Do you NOT believe that the AWB would not have stopped the Orlando shooting, nor would it stop another, because it did nothing to limit access to the weapons and magazines in question?
If so... why not?

I've made a simple point that speaks truth, makes sense, and is shared by many Americans.
And clearly and concisely illustrated the invalidity of that point.
:dunno:
JESUS CHRIST!!!! I can't explain to you anymore. NOBOBY IS MAKING THE CLAIM THAT BANNING WEAPONS WOULD STOP SHOOTINGS. You are more dense than a brick wall and continue to distort my points. I'm done talking to you.

JESUS CHRIST!!!! I can't explain to you anymore. NOBOBY IS MAKING THE CLAIM THAT BANNING WEAPONS WOULD STOP SHOOTINGS.
YOU claimed said bans will "reduce access" to these weapons; YOU refused to believe my statement that the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and would not stop another; it was proven to YOU that YOU are wrong on both counts.

Still waiting for a straight answer:
Do you understand the ban did not and will not "reduce access" to the guns and magazines in question?
Do you understand the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and would not stop anther?

I'm done talking to you.
Make sure you tuck that tail nice and tight as you run away.

YOU claimed said bans will "reduce access" to these weapons;

yes, it will REDUCE access it will NOT eliminate. Common sense man.

YOU refused to believe my statement that the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and would not stop another

Show me where I said this... I never said it would have STOPPED it. I said the more powerful the weapon a shooter has the more potential for damage... If he had an Uzi and hand grenades the body count would have been higher. Again common sense

yes, it will REDUCE access it will NOT eliminate.
And I proved you wrong - recall the picture of the 2 AR15s, one banned, one not, thereby proving that access was unchanged..
Why do you not understand this?

Show me where I said this... I never said it would have STOPPED it.
-I- said the ban would not have stopped the shooting and would not stop another.
-YOU- disagreed.'--- "I don't believe it" you said, in reference to my statement.
I then proved my point by proving that the ban did not prevent the manufacture and sale of 'quick firing weapons'

Do you understand the ban did not and will not "reduce access" to the guns and magazines in question?
Do you understand the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and willnot stop anther?

i'm not interested in the slippery slope argument and i'm not worried about a mass extermination or second coming of Hitler (unless you all vote in Trump of course jk) If that type of thing is going to happen it is going to come from the Nationalist gun crowd and not the government so keeping their weapons in control is a smart move.

Our country is not 1920's Germany nor is it even close to Mexico... We have evolved passed that

The Germans thought that too......

The delusion of those who want only the government to have guns...because the America they live in today is a nice place to live........that things can't change to the worse...the thinking of a child.

yes, it will REDUCE access it will NOT eliminate.
And I proved you wrong - recall the picture of the 2 AR15s, one banned, one not, thereby proving that access was unchanged..
Why do you not understand this?

Show me where I said this... I never said it would have STOPPED it.
-I- said the ban would not have stopped the shooting and would not stop another.
-YOU- disagreed.'--- "I don't believe it" you said, in reference to my statement.
I then proved my point by proving that the ban did not prevent the manufacture and sale of 'quick firing weapons'

Do you understand the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and willnot stop anther?
I don't care about your little cherry picked examples. You didn't prove a thing except that gun manufactures exploit loopholes

If a weapon is restricted from legally being sold in a gun store then it reduces and limits access to that gun. How do you not understand that. It doesn't eliminate access it reduces access.
Do you understand the ban would not have stopped the Orlando shooting and will not stop anther?
yes, i've never claimed otherwise.

There are your straight forward answers.

The delusion of those who want only the government to have guns...because the America they live in today is a nice place to live........that things can't change to the worse...the thinking of a child.
On the contrary, i think most people just want responsible people to have guns and our leaders to be smart about what is legally sold and who gun stores sell too. The black market is a different discussion.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

The fire rate is already set, you are a jackass. It is a semi-auto rifle. One round fired for each pull of the trigger.

My how stupid you fucktards are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, what a pleasure this guy is to talk with. Thanks for joining the conversation... Now kindly fuck off

Go fuck yourself you ignoramus. If you don't understand the first fucking thing about guns, shut your stupid pie hole and learn. Dumbfuckers want to spout off like they know something when they don't know shit. Stop getting your fucked up opinions handed to you by some left wing douchebag group of control freaks and learn something.

Don't you think it makes sense to set a reasonable limit to fire rate and ammo capacity? Isn't that just common sense?

The fire rate is already set, you are a jackass. It is a semi-auto rifle. One round fired for each pull of the trigger.

Wow, what a pleasure this guy is to talk with. Thanks for joining the conversation... Now kindly fuck off

Go fuck yourself you ignoramus. If you don't understand the first fucking thing about guns, shut your stupid pie hole and learn. Dumbfuckers want to spout off like they know something when they don't know shit. Stop getting your fucked up opinions handed to you by some left wing douchebag group of control freaks and learn something.

Ok buddy, just cause you say so... You're a joke and a mindless drone... Keep it up with the tough guy front though, it makes you look super smart

Ok buddy, just cause you say so... You're a joke and a mindless drone... Keep it up with the tough guy front though, it makes you look super smart

You are the joke. Mr fucking know it all because you were told so by your liberal douchebag betters. Come back when you can think for yourself shit breath.

Forum List

Back