Honest and open debate on gun control

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Wry Catcher lamented the fact that there was no such debate (see sig) so I thought I would present everyone the same opportunity that I presented him. He ran away from this opportunity; hopefully you will show a little more honesty.

If you have a suggestion for new/additional gun control that (1) prevents criminals from getting guns and (2) does not infringe on the rights of the law-abiding. I'm all ears.
Please proceed.
Be sure to show how your suggestion meets he two points, above.

If you have a suggestion for new/additional gun control that (1) prevents criminals from getting guns and (2) does not infringe on the rights of the law-abiding. I'm all ears.
Please proceed.

Remove violent criminals from society immediately and permanently. (1) & (2)
Place the mentally ill in asylums for their own good, and that of society. (1) & (2)
Leave everyone else alone. (2)

Wry Catcher lamented the fact that there was no such debate (see sig) so I thought I would present everyone the same opportunity that I presented him. He ran away from this opportunity; hopefully you will show a little more honesty.

Please proceed.

1. Issue free equipment for every citizen, except those who seems unfit, physically or mentally. (Also those citizens deemed fit will be a reserve military force - to be used as national guard and already conscripted in case of need)

2. Non issue.

Slight edit: when issued equipment, sufficient education is provided.

Please proceed.
1. Issue free equipment for every citizen, except those who seems unfit, physically or mentally. (Also those citizens deemed fit will be a reserve military force - to be used as national guard and already conscripted in case of need)
How does this prevent criminals from getting guns?

Please proceed.

Criminals doesn't show the mental ability to be armed. Hence, license (and plight) removed.

Please proceed.
Criminals doesn't show the mental ability to be armed. Hence, license (and plight) removed.
And how does THAT prevent criminals from getting guns?

Ban all weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems. Such weapons belong in the hands of 'well regulated militias', not on the streets. Permit long barrel rifles and shotguns for sporting purposes. Permit revolvers. Ban handguns equipped with magazines holding more than nine rounds.

The death tolls from mass shootings is directly attributable to weapons which can fire greater than nine rounds. Such weaponry was designed to be used on a battlefield, not on the street. After a few years, these bans will result in criminals no longer able to obtain such weapons.

Crack down on the manufacturers. Keep them from making commercially available weapons of war. Incentivize them by giving them tax credits for units of sporting weapons produced and fine them heavily for producing weapons of warfare for commercial sale.

Please proceed.

I would love to see a national check system that did a background check on anyone who you wanted to do a check on. No gun registration at all, just a background check that everyone could access for no cost. You're having a garage sale and you're selling a gun, someone wants to buy it, you call the phone number, they do the background check. Done.

I would love to see a national check system that did a background check on anyone who you wanted to do a check on. No gun registration at all, just a background check that everyone could access for no cost. You're having a garage sale and you're selling a gun, someone wants to buy it, you call the phone number, they do the background check. Done.
Anyone who really wants to do this can do it now, at a gun store.

Ban all weapons with semi or fully automatic firing systems. Such weapons belong in the hands of 'well regulated militias', not on the streets. Permit long barrel rifles and shotguns for sporting purposes. Permit revolvers. Ban handguns equipped with magazines holding more than nine rounds.

The death tolls from mass shootings is directly attributable to weapons which can fire greater than nine rounds. Such weaponry was designed to be used on a battlefield, not on the street. After a few years, these bans will result in criminals no longer able to obtain such weapons.

Crack down on the manufacturers. Keep them from making commercially available weapons of war. Incentivize them by giving them tax credits for units of sporting weapons produced and fine them heavily for producing weapons of warfare for commercial sale.

Bans have been shown to not work. Machineguns are illegal in Mexico yet they are everywhere. Bans only affect the law abiding as has been shown over and over and over.

If I'm at a garage sale I am not going to take the time to go to a gun store. Furthermore at the gun store there is a fee to do the background check. That is ridiculous. If you want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals you need access to the data base 24/7 and not when the gun stores happen to be open. Furthermore, adding a charge to the check reduces the number of people who will avail themselves of the service. A service that the People of the US have paid for many times over BTW.

Bans have been shown to not work. Machineguns are illegal in Mexico yet they are everywhere. Bans only affect the law abiding as has been shown over and over and over.
Bans on firearms commonly used for any of the traditionally lawful uses of a firearm (that is, virtually all of them) infringe on the rights of the law abiding and violate the 2nd amendment.

Bans on firearms commonly used for any of the traditionally lawful uses of a firearm (that is, virtually all of them) infringe on the rights of the law abiding and violate the 2nd amendment.

I agree. That's why I am not in favor of bans.

If I'm at a garage sale I am not going to take the time to go to a gun store. Furthermore at the gun store there is a fee to do the background check. That is ridiculous. If you want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals you need access to the data base 24/7 and not when the gun stores happen to be open. Furthermore, adding a charge to the check reduces the number of people who will avail themselves of the service. A service that the People of the US have paid for many times over BTW.
I'm not disagreeing with the voluntary nature of the idea or that it is a bad Idea in general, I'm just pointing out that this capacity more or less already exists.

Please proceed.
And how does THAT prevent criminals from getting guns?
Somehow missed to make a correct answer, board-wise!

If there was an armed Church member in the Church, the demon with the gun would have been
terminated. Guns don't kill people kill.
End of story, over and out.
Thank you. And God bless you all.

Banning these weapons will make them prohibitively expensive and therefore out of reach for street thugs and maniacs bent on killing the innocent.

Forum List

Back